“Third stay: no where else I would stay in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars

Legacy Suites Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12,14 Sukhumvit Soi 29, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #46 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Third stay: no where else I would stay in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

What can I say. This place is such good value for money. And service is first class. This was our third stay and it is convenient for all our purposes (including access to Bangkok metro called BTS).

Some new faces at reception but standard is still the same. But our old favourites get better with time (especially Choke, Porch Choo). In fact the Lobby gents deserve a great thank you for arranging a taxi for us on very short notice at a great price when our originally arranged taxi booking fell through (late on a Sunday night). Thanks guys.

Breakfast is good. Great rooms. Kids love the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Prashan_raj,

Thank you for providing your observation following your recent stay at our property. It is with great delight to learn that our product and service is always in your satisfactory level.

Here at the Legacy Suites, our staffs are encouraged to deliver the best service possible to accommodate our value guest and your kind feedback shows that our goal has been achieved. I have also note your compliment on our bellboys and will most certainly relay your regards to Choo, Choke and Porch for their contribution.

Thank you once again for your continuous support and for rating your experience with 5 stars. If you find you are returning to Bangkok and there is anything I can assist, please feel free to let me know. I and the team are looking forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Assistant Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent 11 nights in Bangkok at Legacy purely for relaxation. Yes I know relax and Bangkok should not be in the same sentence.
We had a wonderful stay with the place and the staff being impeccable and we would highly recommend both to you.

PS if you do go and you meet Nuck in the restaurant please let her know Nick & Flora say hello, her service and attitude is brilliant.

The Cooke's

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicholas C

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our property online following your stay and for rating your experience with 5 stars. It is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback and I believe that my team, especially Nuch at the restaurant, will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay

If you have further comment or perhaps question about a future stay, please feel free to contact me. I and the team are looking forward to your next visit, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Greater Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is not a hotel with a flashy name on the Main Street. Also no flashy prices.
But this is a hotel on a back street with caring staff that care. They go beyond the usual happy thai greeting their is depth to their sincerity.
I arrived not knowing what part of bangkok I was staying.
DADA a pleasant young lady calmed me down and with in minutes I was in my room and taking a shower.
I was directed to the local restaurants. And the hotel is within walking distance of the BTS and just a few stops from Siam and the shopping malls.
Room was clean and well maintained, rather large
Breakfast is a mix of European and Asian food. Again served with a smile.
After staying 4 days, the world would be a happier place if it had more of a thai attitude.

Room Tip: Save your money paying for hotel names. Look again at the smaller hotels. If you want a NON smoking...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear arub0y

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Legacy Suites. I am glad to read that you had a great time in Bangkok and enjoyed the hotel overall.

It is particularly rewarding to receive your compliment on our staff. For sure I will convey your special thanks to DADA, our Front Office supervisor, who appears to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you once again for your kind comment and I am looking for a chance to serve you again should your travel bring you back to Bangkok.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Legacy Suites is a fantastic property. The location could not be better-right in between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS stations. It is located in a ‘non-happening’ Soi on Sukhumvit Road, which results in quiet and tranquil atmosphere at the hotel at all times. The rooms are large and quite well maintained. The service at the property is excellent and always with a smile, be it people at the Reception, Room Service, Concierge and the Restaurant. The wifi speed is excellent. The amenities in the bathroom are of top class quality. The bathroom has separate shower and bath tub facilities. The room also has basic cooking facilities. The swimming pool is maintained well. And the price charged to me was very reasonable, given the above.

I wish I could have given the hotel 5 start rating based on the above, but 2 areas were a letdown. First, the breakfast. While it has decent variety, there are hardly any hot items available for vegetarians. Moreover, even when they had the odd hot vegetarian item, there was no mechanism to ensure that the spoons used for serving the veg and non veg items were not mixed up. The other Secondly, the hotel has been lax about getting the credit card authorization reversed. I checked out of the hotel on Dec. 1 and settled the bill in cash, but my credit card limit is yet to be unblocked. And this is despite pleading to the staff at th reception that they should arrange to release my limit at the earliest. I am not sure if this is a one off occurrence or is a regular thing.

I will surely consider staying here again, but will avoid credit card limit blocking by paying advance in cash and will keep low expectations about hot items in the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear sunil021966,

Thank you very much for providing your observation following your recent stay. It is with great delight to read of your satisfaction and constructive feedback.

Despite the overall service you enjoyed during your stay, I am disappointed that our breakfast did not meet your expectation. I will most certainly forward your comment to the restaurant for further review and consideration. I am sorry for this in convenience and appreciate you brought this to our attention.

Regarding the credit card pre-authorization, our reservation agent has sent you an email to clarify this issue.

If you have any further comment or, perhaps question about a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me. I and the team are looking forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Positives:
Location was good, very lively road but off a quieter street, and near good transport links
Swimming pool was a good size and not busy when I was there
Staff very friendly and accommodating
Good choice at the breakfast buffet to suit variety of tastes
Bed very comfy and really spacious room with lovely touches such as a dressing gown and slippers

Negatives:
None!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Louise S,

Thank you very much for sharing your 5-star experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in Bangkok at the Legacy Suites.

It is rewarding to learn that we managed to meet your expectations and you left fully satisfied with the stay. I believe that you won’t hesitate to recommend us to your friends and family.

If you find you are returning to Bangkok and there is anything I can assist, please feel free to let me know. I and the team are looking forward to serving you again in the nearest future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel ticks most of the boxes, very nice room in new block, location fine, friendly staff, pool stays open late, nice enough breakfast, reasonable room rate BUT it does not have the WOW factor.

Great for families and business people. Fine for everyone else but if you have one night in Bangkok maybe search out somewhere more impressive.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HolidayHayley,

Thank you very much for leaving you feedback on Trip Advisor. It is with great delight to learn that you enjoyed the hotel overall.

If you find you are returning and there is anything I can do to make your stay a bit more enjoyable, please feel free to let me know.

Hope to have a chance of serving you again soon.

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great staff, large and comfortable rooms, clean, and a very convenient location within walking distance of the BTS Skytrain. Nice breakfast buffet, reasonably priced. Swimming pool with small gym area. What's not to like?

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Nondanig, Front Office Manager at Legacy Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Justin S,

Thank you for taking time to write for us a great feedback following your recent stay. It is with great delight to learn that you had a great time and were satisfied with hotel overall.

If you find you are returning and there is anything I can do to make your visit a bit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know. I and the team are looking forward to welcoming you again should your travel bring you back to Bangkok.

Nondanig Norasedhsiri,
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Been to Legacy Suites Bangkok? Share your experiences!