“Just one night, but a very good one” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12,14 Sukhumvit Soi 29, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #46 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Just one night, but a very good one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed just one night, but were very impressed. Staff at check in were very nice and prompt. The suggestion we got for dinner was great. The room was really comfortable. Unfortunately there was no time to use the swimming pool, because it looked very nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wirote, General Manager at Legacy Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear dei40,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize us.

We are delighted that we were able to impress you with our product and services. We hope next time you will stay longer so that you can take advantage of our swimming pool and other facilities.

We at Legacy Suites are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wirote Ongzine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You would expect that the room which you booked would be ready when you reach, however we reached at 1530 hours, though the usual check-in time was 1400 hours, and the room was not ready yet! Had to keep going to the reception to check the status, however their 10 minutes did not get over in about 45, and then when I started getting a little annoyed because I had my 15 month old baby getting cranky, we were given the keys to a room which was almost 50% of the size of what I had booked!

I figured that only when I did not find the hot plates which were a part of the room as per its standard features! The hotel staff during these first two hours acted as if they were doing me a favor by letting me stay! Did not like it at all!

We were given the keys to a different room about 20 minutes later (this is almost after and hour and half of me arriving at the hotel) which was finally the room that I had booked originally!

Great room, lots of space, and good house keeping staff. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing about reception staff though!

Legacy Suits is located at a walking distance (<10 minutes) from two Sky train stations. You should, however, go towards Sukhumvit Station where you have an option of the MRT as well. A decent massage parlor as well at the corner of the Soi, so you can walk back to the hotel, freshen up and go for a food massage!
A 7-11 and some other stores are nearby too!

Some more pointers :
If you take a cab from outside the hotel, they would mostly give you a flat fare to your destination. At times this flat fare would be very reasonable, at a condition that you would first go to a Jewels showroom before your destination! Add about an hour of extra travel time, but if you have the time, this does make sense!

Also ask the hotel for a metered cab if you are going to the airport or are not keen on taking the cabs from outside the hotel (who would mostly push flat fares)

Overall a good experience, and value for money as well! Would definitely stay here again, however would keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to go through the same check-in experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear PrashantBhardwaj,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us the feedback.

I apologize for the check-in challenge you experienced during your recent visit. Rest assured that your feedback has been shared and discussed with the front office team to ensure a more flawless execution.

We are looking forward to having you with us once again.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The majority of my 150+ hotel reviews are fairly positive, since I try to give the benefit of the doubt to a hotel property, as long as the basics are met, And I will stick to that philosophy with this review. Legacy Suites is not a bad hotel, it just simply fails to even come close to meeting the "current" Trip Advisor rating of #38 out of 700+ Bangkok Hotels. In fact, it has fallen from #19 since I originally booked the hotel only 1 month ago, & I expect it will fall further in the rankings. The hotel would not rank #38 if there were only 150 hotels in Bangkok, let alone 700+. Those who have traveled to Bangkok, know that the city truly has some of the best hotels worldwide, & the quality & service bar only continues to go higher. So when I saw that Legacy Suites was ranked #19 in early 2013 I should have questioned the ranking. Nonetheless, I booked a "superior" studio for 3 nights on Travelocity, which I rarely use, since I do not put much faith in the site overall, but that is only my personal opinion. I noted on Trip Advisor that some prior guests suggested asking for rooms in the "new" tower, so I contacted the hotel to do likewise. What I got in response was an aggressive sales pitch to "upgrade" to the new tower for $30. However, since I had booked a "superior" room category, I questioned the need to do so. As such, I think I may have been penalized for declining the offer to "upgrade". I was assigned a room on the 6th floor of the old tower, & was apparently assigned the worst room: meaning next door to the elevator & directly across the hall from the housekeeping storage room, so the noise started early in the morning. Even then, I would not have objected, had the hotel come close to meeting the quality standards outlined & pointed to by many other reviewers. So let me cut to the chase with our room: I think many reviewers are impressed by the fact that the hotel offer "suite" accommodations, meaning they have a small kitchenette setup when you enter the room including a microwave & refrigerator; a small sitting area with a coffee table, loveseat & table with 2 chairs, & then the sleeping area. Unfortunately, this in & of itself is nothing special in today's hotel market, & certainly not in Bangkok.
The walls in the room were heavily banged & worn; I congratulate the hotel for removing carpeting & having natural floor throughout the room/bath, but the area rug was so dirty that we would not put our bare feet on it; the carpet in front of the elevators were equally as dirty; the furniture was very worn & banged up; even though it had a kitchenette area, there were no paper towels or napkins or towels; stayed for 3 nights & only 1 roll of TP (guess if you run out they expect you to call the front desk for a replacement roll); drapes were torn & hanging loose on one side; absolutely NO hooks in the bathroom to hang anything; the upholstered headboard on the bed was so disgusting & worn & who-knows-what, that we did not want to touch it.
However, there was even a worse issue: in the closet there was a small "totally exposed" electrical switch, that looked like a handyman had installed it, to turn on a light when the closet door was opened & turn it off when the door was closed, but it was a totally live switch just hooked to the side of the closet wall; something like this could actually harm, hurt or worse, a guest if they actually touched it. Have not seen something like this outside a very 3rd world property, & certainly NEVER in a city such as Bangkok, in a hotel with a 3 star rating. On our last night I went to the front desk to ask about printing airline boarding passes, & was told that the hotel "does not have a printer" hooked to the guest computers, so it was not possible. Really? A 3 star hotel & they have no ability for a guest to print a boarding pass? They referred me to an internet service 2 blocks from the hotel. Breakfast was included in our room daily, but even it was lackluster. Very pleasant & helpful staff, so the issue, again, is poor management. Breakfast is served from 6:30-10A daily, & we entered each day about 8:30, & each of the 3 days it was identical: were these the same 3 pastries that we saw on the prior 2 days? It is as if they fill the breakfast options at 6:30 & then let the dwindle until they are gone. No service problems from the employees, but a management issue. Same with the front desk staff. They could not be nicer & more welcoming, but they have zero input over how the place is run, & have NO power to take responsibility for an issue & see that it is resolved. The hotel has a small, but quite pleasant pool & gym area, & I can only think that the "new" tower accommodations are so far to the "old" tower accommodations, that there is no comparisons. However, if our "superior" suite is any indication, you are best to look elsewhere. There are dozens & dozens & dozens of similar 3 star properties all over Bangkok, with excellent accommodations, so don't get carried away by a Trip Advisor rating & expect more than a place can provide. Once again, "not" a bad place, but just not close to the ratings. As such, will not return on the next Bangkok visit.

Room Tip: INSIST on the "new" tower --- & don't trust the hotel ranking of a "superior...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear smvhou,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our hotel recently.

While we are confident that we do a great job a majority of the time, unfortunately we still have moments where we fall short of our guests expectations.

I personally would like to apologize to you regarding the challenges you experienced while staying in our hotel. I have shared your comments with all appropriate departments and staff and we are all humbled by what you have written. We really appreciate your feedback and it is meaningful to us because it helps us continuously improve our product and service delivery.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance to you on your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights during March, arrived early and was told our room was not ready. During the short wait for our room Mr Choo, one of the bell/ concierge boy informed us of the do's and don't in Bangkok. As it was our first time in bangkok that was really helpful.
We were taken a new tower room and what a room it was. Very spacious, fully equipped and a large bed.
The location of the hotel was great. It's pretty hard to find a taxi who uses a meter but the hotel always seems to find us one. Be aware if the taxi don't use meter then get out as they charge triple the fare.
Thank you to Mr Choo and the rest of the staff at Legacy suites for making our stay so memorable and convenient
We found a great taxi driver who the hotel recommended and would like to recommend him to people who will travel to Bangkok, he is a good man who saved us a lot of money traveling and his recommendations are great. His number is 087-0278043

Room Tip: Get a room in the new tower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here again last January for one night on the way back from Krabi, as the room had already been booked together with our first booking. Moreover, following the problems we had had with the transport to Ayutthaya during our first stay last December, the manager offered us to upgrade us to the new wing for free. In effect the new wing is enormously better than the old one. Everything is new and we got a really a fine room.

However, the transport issue seems to be really a problem for the Legacy Suites: in fact, when we arrived at the airport, there was nobody waiting for us, despite they had sent me a written confirmation about the pick up van. I called the hotel and they were not able to tell me where the driver was and they just told me to wait, which is exactly what we wanted to avoid (since we had 3 small children in tow) by booking a van through the hotel.
Eventually the driver arrived in a rush, about 30 minutes late, holding a crumpled piece of paper with my name spelt completely wrongly: it looked like somebody dictated it to him on the phone after I called as they had forgotten to actually book the car.
When I asked for explanations at the reception they claimed that the driver was actually there and they blamed Dom Meuang airport which, according to them, doesn't have a well defined waiting area (total nonsense because Dom Meuang has a much smaller and more clearly defined meeting point than Suvarnabhumi).
While the first time they took responsibility for the transport mishap, the second time they didn't find any better excuse than blaming the meeting point of the airport. And when I emailed the manager about this new mishap, she just ignored my message.
Considering that we were just coming from a negative transport related experience with the same hotel, it appears that this type of service is really not the forte of this establishment.
This is even more disturbing considering that when the manager had sent me the email offering the upgrade for our second stay as a compensation for the first problem we had, at the same time she explicitly asked me to remove the comments I made in my first Tripadvisor review on the mishap of the transport to Ayutthaya.

Breakfast was as bad as in the old wing (just better presented) and the internet connection was erratic and even slower than in the old wing.

Pity, because the room was really nice, but overall they seemed to be unable to provide a service up to standard in all respects. Also, the staff at the breakfast room in the new wing insisted quite rudely on the 150 Baht payment for the breakfast of our 4 year old son which had been forfeited during our previous stay.
At the check out they were very strict in waiting for the clearance from the room attendant as far as our mini bar consumption was concerned, which is a bit annoying: if they really want to do a checking themselves because they don't trust the guest, it should be done in a snap.

So, overall, I am afraid the rating remains the same as before.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room in the new wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Legacy suites is centrally located in bangkok close to Soi sukhumvit 27. The key is to take a room in the new tower as those rooms/serviced apartments are far nicer that the rooms in the old wing. Overall its a suitably located hotel with nice big and comfortable rooms. room service is terrible though so please do eat most of your meals out. Breakfast is quite a nice spread though!

Room Tip: chose rooms in the new tower building
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

we were given a room in the new tower and it was huge and clean. the bed was big and comfortable.
one minus point - when we just arrived there was a weird smell in the toilet. we told this to the hotel staff on our way out and they promised to check it out.
when we were back, the staff told us that they had sprayed air freshener in the toilet and indeed the smell was gone. so i'm not deducting any stars.
it's not that fantastic location-wise as you have to walk maybe 10-15mins to the train station but it was not a problem for us as we took taxi most of the time and the hotel staff even helped to "call" for taxis.
if you stay here you really must try out the Japanese restaurant located downstairs. the food is awesome and you can never find that sort of prices for Jap food in Singapore!! till now I'm missing the salt-grilled jumbo prawns and sashimi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy Suites Bangkok? Share your experiences!