“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wollongong, Australia
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

When we first arrived the staff were very welcoming n friendly we told them we were on our honeymoon n they upgraded us to one of the best rooms in the new side. When we got to the room they had arranged our towels to look like swans kissing to form a love heart n rose pedals scattered around our towels it was beautiful . Felt very special indeed. The room was awesome since we r normally budget travellers this was great value very spacious with kitchenette, shower with separate bath . We even had a lounge n balcony it was great!!
Location was good 15 min walk to both metro n skytrain. Can't really fault this stay. Wifi has good signal. Except when we left they said I had taken an orange breezer from the mini bar but I had bought my own from 7/11 so house keeping must've just seen one in the bin n thought I drunk theirs. But I don't believe they charged me for it as I signed something when checking out saying I hadn't taken theirs. I loved staying there n would again if I even go to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Trip Date: December 26th, 2009

First let me say that I am a planner. I planned my group's trip to Bangkok for close to 8 months before leaving on the trip. Our group included 4 people ( 3 men and 1 woman) and our trip was to last 15 days. Using skype I called and spoke to the people at the Legacy Suites Bangkok as well as communicated on a regular basis via e-mail. They were very helpful and super responsive. This was very important because our stay was to be split....4 days in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip and 3 days in Bangkok at the end of our trip.

I could not have been happier with my decision. The hotel truly has "suites" which is very important to me as I have special dietary needs. It not only had a beautiful, clean, modern kitchenette, but was also spacious. The room had a large flat screen TV providing various channels as well as WiFi which I used daily. The bathroom was very accommodating to western standards and had great water pressure and temperature. I had no issues with the bedding and slept like a rock.

The staff, when I was there, was absolutely like family! They remembered all of our names and always had conversation with us about where we went and sights seen. They even were able to assist me in making sure the "Cotton House" was able to deliver my clothes to me right before we departed the hotel to head back to the U.S.

The hotel had other amenities that we did not partake of... this included a pool. However, what we really enjoyed was the quietness of the hotel, ability to quickly get to the rail, and the nearby mall.

I really enjoyed returning to the property every day after venturing out in the hot sun to see the temples, parks, malls, movies, muay thai stadiums, seamstress, etc. It was like returning home to friends and family. Oh! They also gave us great tips about times to go see various tourist attractions, as well as assisted us with any car service needs!

I would and "have" recommended the Legacy Suites to many close friends. As the only woman in the group it was important to me to feel safe in the environment in which we stayed. A big thank you to Legacy Suites and I look forward to seeing you soon... Maybe later this year!

(I only remembered to write my review now that I am planning to return. Sorry!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Tezpur, Assam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here for a week in may. First two days we were booked in the premier suite which was quite large. My kid went crazy on finding two TVs in the rooms as she would have one for herself. We also made good use of the washing machine in the room as we had a lot of laundry after roaming around thailand for two weeks. The hotel looked good right from the time we stepped. The check in was fast and we were in the room in about ten minutes. We also found the staff very helpful in getting taxis, booking tours etc. In fact when i complained that the wifi was slow in the room they even set up a modem right in the room. The rooms (we latter moved to a studio king in the old tower) were not only big but also well kept. Though the view from the hotel was not that great, it was in a unique place....just a few minutes away from two BTS stations and also just off the busy sukhumvit road. There are lots of eating options just a few paces away. Just loved it. will stay there again.
The breakfast was good and plenty of options for us.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new tower are better
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Me and my wife have just returned from Bangkok after staying 8 nights at the legacy suites. We had a fantastic time staying at the legacy suites. The hotel is conveniently locate in Soi 29 and is a short walk to Asok BTS and the under ground sub way. The hotel rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and very quite, we stay on the 6th level and had little to no noise at night so sleeping after a long day of shopping and sight seeing was a dream.
I will recommend the legacy suites to my friends and family for a great value hotel in Bangkok with friendly staff, comfortable rooms with good facilities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The service received from the staff (whether it is from the bell-boy, to the receptionist, to the waiters) were of certain calibre. The bell-boys were especially helpful when it comes to asking for directions and suggestions for places to go. I was pleasantly surprised when the receptionist went her way to provide us with a temporary room to freshen ourselves up in the afternoon despite having checked out in the morning. The room is spacious and clean, very much to our liking. Our room faced the swimming pool, and we were provided with a decent view despite us being housed on the 3rd floor. Breakfast was well-varied everyday and tasty. A rather complete gym-facility too. Would definitely recommend to my other friends, though there might be a small distance to the main road (slightly poor lighting at night) and probably a 10 mins walk to the nearest train station. The hotel is in between Asok and Phrom Phong.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

But there were a couple of things I didn't like. The room itself was fine, overlooking the pool area, with a very comfortable bed and really nice sheets, but found the storage facilities were a little unusual. There were no large drawers to unpack your clothes into, only cubicle like spaces. The slippers provided were used, not the throwaway type. I wasn't fond of walking thru the lobby to get to the pool area, but he pools were nice, especially the small platform in between. But most of all, the free internet service was unusable most of the time, with under .5 mbps speed and lots of disconnects. The location was right in between 2 stations, but not very much in the immediate area. The bathroom was really nice, but the handheld shower was in the bathtub, instead of the shower stall, so the entire floor usually ended up wet. The cable channels were limited with no free movie channels but about 30 stations in all. The best things about this hotel was the value, and the staff, really really nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt Beauty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We would definitely recommend Legacy Suites to anyone looking for a place to stay in Bangkok. We spent 4 nights here with our 3 children in May 2012 and left feeling completely satisfied with our experience.
The rooms are spacious and well equipped, we had 2 interconnecting rooms which gave us ample space and 2 bathrooms.
Breakfast was great and catered for our entire family without any concerns. The staff were always friendly and willing to offer assistance.
We used the Asoke BTS, which was only a short walk and very easy to use. There are plenty of places to eat nearby.
Reception arranged a taxi for our departure which was very convenient and cost 600bht for the 5 of us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Legacy Suites Bangkok? Share your experiences!