“Location, Asoke BTS, MRT, Terminal 21” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Key Bangkok Hotel

You added The Key Bangkok Hotel to your Saves list
The Key Bangkok Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Sukhumvit soi.19 | Sukhumvit Rd, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Wattana)   |
Ranked #331 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Location, Asoke BTS, MRT, Terminal 21”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

location, close prox to Asoke station BTS and MRT skytrain to suvarnabhimi airport multiple street food options right out side you door, value for money, free wifi, and breakfast which i didnt have, kitchonette in room which is quite helpful

thin walls, could hear people talking faintly

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirima T, Manager at The Key Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Miksak,

Greetings from The Key Bangkok Hotel !

At the very outset, I would like to offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude for your support in making us your preferred choice in Bangkok.

May I take this opportunity to reassure you that the Key Bangkok Hotel team will continue to not just provide the highest standards of service and comfort you have been so accustomed to, bur exceeding your expectations will be our constant mission.

Last but not least, while the entire The Key Bangkok Hotel team remains at your disposal for any assistance or service you may need, I could be directly reached on my cell phone in this endeavour.

Thanking you in anticipation of your patronage.
Kind regards,
Sirima T.
Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel location : great location, walkable distance from Robinson and other attractions !

Hotel room : Fantastic ! basic needs available with other facilities such open cooking space, prompt housekeeping services and a warm reception at the hotel. Peaceful !

Food : Buffet breakfast manageable with basics covered.

P.S : Check out the French restaurant attached with this hotel. 'chez charlie'

Room Tip: choose a room with a city view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheKeyBangkokHotel, General Manager at The Key Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Vish195, “Good value and location !”
Bangkok, Thailand

Thank you for your recent stay at The Key and taking the time to write your feedback on your visit. We highly appreciate your detailed review and kind words and hope this will be helpful for our future guests.
We do look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Please feel free to reach me at gm@thekeybangkok.com

Management & The Team
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was right next to the Westin where a work conference was happening and it was less than half the price for a room (booked on Agoda- paid about 60$ US for the Premium room with breakfast included). The breakfast itself was adequate- they do a good job considering the lack of space they have to set it all up. Usually toast, eggs, some ham, and some rice or rice soup. I was put in a suite on the top floor and it was large and high ceilinged (including some huge water stains) with good light. Unfortunately it was a smoking room and it reeked heavily of stale smoke. I went downstairs and requested a change and I was showed two rooms- one with no windows at all and another on the second floor where the windows were 75% blocked by some kind of concrete wall. So I took the smokey room with the understanding that they would find me an alternate the next night. That went on for three nights until I just gave up. The room was large, but the shower had the strangest water heating system I have ever encountered. The shower head was hanging below the instant heater so it was aimed approximately at my navel. There were two valves and the box warned not to turn these. After waiting for hot water for about 10 minutes, I did start turning them and finally found a combination that produced hot water (apparently someone else had futzed with them?). My choice was then to hand hold the shower head or shower while kneeling. The other extremely irritating aspect of my stay at The Key was the horribly slow internet speed which often cut out completely. Rather than a password you are routed through to a user ID and Password page that takes forever to load and then you have to do this over and over again. That meant lots of trips to the front desk with them giving me new access codes and trying various ineffective fixes. Finally when I moved on my last night I was promised the new room had a LAN connection, which it did, the only problem being that it did not work. Since I was dependent on the internet for work this was frustrating in the worst ways. Luckily I had good access at the Westin during the day, and it is decent in the lobby- where I am typing this now. I should note that the night I arrived there was a very noisy altercation in the room next to me on the sixth floor that actually had me calling for some kind of assistance. A Thai woman really yelling at a western man. And that had me looking at the security of the building and that didn't seem too rigorous- the elevator is close the front door, away from the front desk and I came in late at night several times and went up to my room without making visual contact with an employee. The best thing about the Key is the location - super close to the ASOK bts station and lots of other Sukumvit shopping etc. The second nice aspect is the staff- they weren't exactly effective in helping me move or fixing my internet, but they were all very friendly and did try. There are lots of other choices in the neighborhood. I would say if you can get a discount on the rooms and insist on one of the nicer ones - and The Key- if you don't need smooth and fast internet, it is a reasonable hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors if you want natural light. The rooms in the new section #104 and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear KhunKru
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Mixed Bag”

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Key. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback be it negative or positive as it helps us as a Team to know what needs to be improved and serve better. I have shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve us continuously improving the quality of our services.

Lots of changes will be taking place, as we are or will have a Senior Manager personally attending to teh needs of both Guests' and Staffs in order to solve any queries on the spot..

Kindly rest assured that all Heads of Department has seriously been briefed and will closely monitor and ensure that our staff serve the best service in an appropriate manner to all guests. A training in regards to guest relations will be carried out to avoid such incidents in the future. we also be doing a lot improvement on the technical issues

We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused and would like to show you our high standards during your next stay. Please do not hesitate to call on me at gm@thekeybangkok.com

Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

i felt we got a good deal and really enjoyed getting the return transfer included in the price. Service and smile was lacking and the breakfast was very basic. Room was quite nice and we had a small area to sit and a table and small kitchenette. All in all i would probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mankind--Vs--F.......
Munich, Germany
“Good location and price..”
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Key, Bangkok. We also thank you for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team. We have noted your observations and recommendations for The Key and the staffs
On your next visit, please let me know if there is anything we can do, please feel free to reach us at gm@thekeybangkok.com

Crans, Valais, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just be aware of this hotel. Upon checking out, after I have paid for everything; out of the blues, the receptionist told me that the room was missing a hair dryer. It would be ok if it was just a misplacement or something like that, but no, they keep insisting on assuming that we took it. We told them that we brought our own and never even touched the hotel's one but they didn't listen. We even double checked everything we packed, asked everyone if they ever saw the hair dryer and none of us did!

I felt greatly insulted by the way they work, the receptionist was just smiling through the whole thing and laughing with the bell guy. I mean seriously? I was mad because we were in a hurry to the airport and they would not let us go. I tried to keep calm and tell them that I'm in a hurry so i didn't have time for all this and ask her to double check with the houskeepings. Then guess what? After what felt like an hour and a half talking on the phone with who knows what, the receptionist ask me to pay 1000 BHT for the missing hair dryer! 1000 BHT for a hair dryer!?? My family stayed there for 8 nights in a suite rooms and that was how they treated us, held us back, charge extras just because of a hair dryer.

I ended up paying for that damned thing just so we could catch our flight. I would not recommend this hotel at all. I'm definitely going back and have a talk with the manager regarding this problem. There wasn't any professionalism I felt, the staff don't speak good English either, it's really hard to explain things to them and understand them (in my opinion). 1-star!

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear longdaoHT1
Crans, Valais, Switzerland

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At The Key,Bangkok we do try to strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

As we want to share with you that we do provide or rather have hair Dryers in all our rooms but unfortunately this had happened where it has occurred quite a few times with several other guest and we had let it go but end of the day the staff gets reprimanded so to avoid this they were following the strict rule yet it could have been handled better. Again our sincere apologies and with a new Senior Manager who will ensure that this are not repeated and training will be provided for a better service
Please let us know when you intend to visit Bangkok next time and we will personally see to it that everything will be well. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future, Please do not hesitate to email at gm@thekeybangkok.com

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My brother-in-law picked, booked and paid for this hotel (but at £40 a night I would have considered it good value even if I'd been paying).
Arrived at 9 am on my first trip to Thailand, the room wasn't ready but didn't expect it to be, they held my luggage and said to return after 10:30 am and it would be ready (which it was).
Very central, although the location up a side street made it difficult to find for the taxi from the airport.
Bed big enough for four (I'd imagine), I had the most basic room they had but it was still big enough to fit the bed plus an easy chair, foot stool, coffee table, full size desk, table and two chairs, sink and draining board, fridge freezer, microwave, bathroom with shower above and the rest.
As previously stated in other reviews no pool but for a couple of days/nights in Bangkok (which is probably enough) it is much more than adaquate.
Book and enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear 4Harry444
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great location, great hotel, great room, great bed.”

The Key Bangkok Hotel Team are always happy to hear from guest about their stay with us; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and your comments about our hotel services, location and feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team and our future guest coming to Bangkok

On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach us at gm@thekeybangkok.com

Management and Team

Been to The Key Bangkok Hotel? Share your experiences!