We stayed in this hotel from April 29 - May 4, the hotel room we booked was the Executive Club room for two beds.
The Club room came with free breakfast buffet, free internet, 30mins complimentary Thai massage and other perks such as free soft drinks thru out the day.
We were instructed to 24th floor to check in our room because our booked room type was Exe Club.
All the staffs were very friendly.
I like the room design, very contemporary and in good condition.
The bath room was clean enough and roomy, there is a shower stand and a bath tub, so it gives you an option as to whether you would like a shower or a bath.
It is a great location for the public transportation. It is less than 3 blocks from BTS/Sky Train and MTR. The name of the station for BTS is Asoke and MTR is Sukhumvit. The total commute from the station to Phaya Thai for the Airport Rail Link is about 15mins depends on teh wait, and the travel time from Phaya Thai to the airport was approx 20mins for the express line and 35mins for the City Line. I highly suggest taking the train to the airport during rush hour because the traffic could be very bad if you take the taxi. One way for the Express Line is 90THB and 30THB for BTS from Asoke station to Phaya Thai. If you take taxi from the hotel to the airport, it costs approx 265THB.
Breakfast buffet was okay, there wasn't a wide selection of food and the selections of food are fixed.
They served smoke salmon, a few types of salad, congee, two types of buns, croissants, danish, a counter for one or two types of noodles with same broth etc. If you are not familiar with Bangkok or where to get food and you have to eat breakfast before 9am, I suggest you to get breakfast buffet here because most of the stores have not opened yet. The breakfast buffet is available from 6:30am to 10:30am. There was a few times, we had to grab breakfast early because of our one day tour, we went down to the restaurant prior to 6:30am and the food was ready to be served.
The room we got was facing the building currently under construction, but there wasn't much view. We would hear some noisy during day time but it was too disturbing. What disappointed me was the size of two beds, it was twin size (not very impressive about this because of the room type we paid for). After I connected my netbook to the internet, problem arised. The Wifi signal was very weak and my netbook wasn't able to connect to the internet at all. After I spoke with the operator, the technician guy came within 5mins. There was still no connection after multiple attempts and the technician had no idea what went wrong, so he suggested we used cable. He said cable was supposed be faster than wireless. Unfortunately, it wasn't as what he said, the connection was extremely slow that I didn't bother to go online unless I needed to check something important real quick. I didn't want to just sit there and wait for a minute to load each page.
Next thing, my friend called but could reach us because the phone had never rung. I didn't realize my friend called until a staff knocked the door and said there was someone waiting for us in the lobby. I checked the phone and no wonder I didn't hear any phone ring, it was because there was no ring tone at all. So there was something we had to get it fixed. The reception sent someone right away, I wasn't sure what they did, the phone was back on service, so I thought it was done. Next day morning, I picked up the phone to call my friend and there was no ring tone again, so I hung up the phone and picked up again and there was still no ring tone. The thing that frustrated me was when the phone was not working, I couldn't notify any staff unless I went down to the lobby. Since it was the second time, I didn't mind taking a walk to the lobby. Strangely, when the reception punched in our room #, the service was back on, ok fine. Next day morning again, my friend complained that the call didn't go thru, so I picked up the phone and there was no ring tone again. Now, I tried to fix it myself, I checke the phone jack to make sure it was plugged properly and tightly for each phone in the room, and they seem fine, but the ring tone was not back on, so I had to take another walk to the lobby. Interestingly, after the reception keyed in our room #, the phone service was back on. AT this point, I suspected there was some sort of link to their computer system with our phone service. Therefore, i explained to the reception that the phone had no dial tone next day morning but the service was back on the moment after they typed in our room # in their computer system. What the staff told me is if I hung up the phone properly. I have to say that it wasn't hard at all to find out if the phone was hung up properly, this is a very common sense thing. After this, I had to continue to travel to the lobby everyday morning to inform them that our phone wasn't working again for the next couple days until we checked out. This was quite frustratiing when you found out the phone had no service every single time you picked up the phone and wanted to make a call. It doesn't appear that they could fix the problem. What makes it strange is everything they fixed the phone (w/o explaining what caused the outage), we didn't use the phone until next day morning because we had to go out for the rest of the day. We needed to use the phone in the morning so we could confirm with our friend for the time to meet up. For the complaint for 4 consecutive days, the staff, besides being friendly, didn't offer any other suggestions or other assistance. It wasn't a good experience because we paid for the full price, it wasn't like we got this room due to free upgrade or promotion, and we didn't get what we paid for.
With dozens of similar types of hotel available in Bangkok and the phone network problem, I wouldn't come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A striking, sail-shaped, glass facade punctuates the central Sukhumvit skyline, where business and high-end leisure meet, and where its cosmopolitan visitors and residents are always on the go. Combining a premier location with convenience, luxury and renowned Thai hospitality, Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok enables each and every one of our guests to make the most of their time in the bustling City of Angels. Featuring contemporary decor and the latest amenities, our 325 private rooms and suites are complemented by extensive business facilities, free WiFi, 24-hour discreet but attentive service from our team of multilingual colleagues, a variety of cuisines catering to all diets, full recreational facilities including a rooftop putting green, and world-class shopping and dining surrounding. A member of the Millennium World Collection, with over a hundred hotels worldwide, Millennium & Copthorne leads the way in contemporary comfort and service excellence, bringing the world to business and leisure travellers - with you at its centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Grand Millennium Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok