“Modern design, small bed, non-working phone” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Millennium Sukhumvit

You added Grand Millennium Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Grand Millennium Sukhumvit
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke) Road Klongtoey Nua, Wattana | Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Wattana)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekends Deal 30% OFF
Ranked #81 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Modern design, small bed, non-working phone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel from April 29 - May 4, the hotel room we booked was the Executive Club room for two beds.

Good
The Club room came with free breakfast buffet, free internet, 30mins complimentary Thai massage and other perks such as free soft drinks thru out the day.

We were instructed to 24th floor to check in our room because our booked room type was Exe Club.

All the staffs were very friendly.

I like the room design, very contemporary and in good condition.

The bath room was clean enough and roomy, there is a shower stand and a bath tub, so it gives you an option as to whether you would like a shower or a bath.

It is a great location for the public transportation. It is less than 3 blocks from BTS/Sky Train and MTR. The name of the station for BTS is Asoke and MTR is Sukhumvit. The total commute from the station to Phaya Thai for the Airport Rail Link is about 15mins depends on teh wait, and the travel time from Phaya Thai to the airport was approx 20mins for the express line and 35mins for the City Line. I highly suggest taking the train to the airport during rush hour because the traffic could be very bad if you take the taxi. One way for the Express Line is 90THB and 30THB for BTS from Asoke station to Phaya Thai. If you take taxi from the hotel to the airport, it costs approx 265THB.

Neutral
Breakfast buffet was okay, there wasn't a wide selection of food and the selections of food are fixed.
They served smoke salmon, a few types of salad, congee, two types of buns, croissants, danish, a counter for one or two types of noodles with same broth etc. If you are not familiar with Bangkok or where to get food and you have to eat breakfast before 9am, I suggest you to get breakfast buffet here because most of the stores have not opened yet. The breakfast buffet is available from 6:30am to 10:30am. There was a few times, we had to grab breakfast early because of our one day tour, we went down to the restaurant prior to 6:30am and the food was ready to be served.

Bad
The room we got was facing the building currently under construction, but there wasn't much view. We would hear some noisy during day time but it was too disturbing. What disappointed me was the size of two beds, it was twin size (not very impressive about this because of the room type we paid for). After I connected my netbook to the internet, problem arised. The Wifi signal was very weak and my netbook wasn't able to connect to the internet at all. After I spoke with the operator, the technician guy came within 5mins. There was still no connection after multiple attempts and the technician had no idea what went wrong, so he suggested we used cable. He said cable was supposed be faster than wireless. Unfortunately, it wasn't as what he said, the connection was extremely slow that I didn't bother to go online unless I needed to check something important real quick. I didn't want to just sit there and wait for a minute to load each page.

Next thing, my friend called but could reach us because the phone had never rung. I didn't realize my friend called until a staff knocked the door and said there was someone waiting for us in the lobby. I checked the phone and no wonder I didn't hear any phone ring, it was because there was no ring tone at all. So there was something we had to get it fixed. The reception sent someone right away, I wasn't sure what they did, the phone was back on service, so I thought it was done. Next day morning, I picked up the phone to call my friend and there was no ring tone again, so I hung up the phone and picked up again and there was still no ring tone. The thing that frustrated me was when the phone was not working, I couldn't notify any staff unless I went down to the lobby. Since it was the second time, I didn't mind taking a walk to the lobby. Strangely, when the reception punched in our room #, the service was back on, ok fine. Next day morning again, my friend complained that the call didn't go thru, so I picked up the phone and there was no ring tone again. Now, I tried to fix it myself, I checke the phone jack to make sure it was plugged properly and tightly for each phone in the room, and they seem fine, but the ring tone was not back on, so I had to take another walk to the lobby. Interestingly, after the reception keyed in our room #, the phone service was back on. AT this point, I suspected there was some sort of link to their computer system with our phone service. Therefore, i explained to the reception that the phone had no dial tone next day morning but the service was back on the moment after they typed in our room # in their computer system. What the staff told me is if I hung up the phone properly. I have to say that it wasn't hard at all to find out if the phone was hung up properly, this is a very common sense thing. After this, I had to continue to travel to the lobby everyday morning to inform them that our phone wasn't working again for the next couple days until we checked out. This was quite frustratiing when you found out the phone had no service every single time you picked up the phone and wanted to make a call. It doesn't appear that they could fix the problem. What makes it strange is everything they fixed the phone (w/o explaining what caused the outage), we didn't use the phone until next day morning because we had to go out for the rest of the day. We needed to use the phone in the morning so we could confirm with our friend for the time to meet up. For the complaint for 4 consecutive days, the staff, besides being friendly, didn't offer any other suggestions or other assistance. It wasn't a good experience because we paid for the full price, it wasn't like we got this room due to free upgrade or promotion, and we didn't get what we paid for.

With dozens of similar types of hotel available in Bangkok and the phone network problem, I wouldn't come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing Terminal 21 because the other side is facing the construction site. Also, ta...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kathu, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was staying here a couple of days. There room are nice and clean and a very good working space. Although there wifi is very expensive so i upgrade to the executive floor where you get some extra benifits. Nice and friendly staff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This hotel made my first trip to BKK special. I thoroughly enjoyed the city, but found it extremely chaotic and a bit overwhelming. How I look forward to always returning to this hotel.
It is extremely beautiful and clean. The staff couldn't be better. Always warm and helpful.
My room was so peaceful, clean and comfortable. One of the most comfortable beds; a very nice decor; an amazing bathroom highlighted by a glass enclosed huge bathtub. Plenty of storage space-including a personal safe. My windows gave a great view of the city. The hotel is shaped like a sailboat and each floor has an atrium view.
The hotel has the best healthclub I have ever seen in a hotel. The spa features were amazing. I went for a whirlpool and a steam every day. The staff there, like in the hotel, were exceptional and always remembered me. A small pool exists which was very refreshing in the late afternoon.
The hotel has several restaurants, as well as a lobby lounge that had some quality entertainment each night. Also a lobby venue that served breakfast and afternoon tea.
The only slight disapointment I had was with the Concierge/Travel Desk. Being new to BKK, I was unclear upon arrival as to how to get around the city. I had done a lot of research prior to coming and had several local restaurants and attractions I wanted to see. I wasn't clear as to how to find the Soi addresses and other information. It became clear to me that this desk was only interested in selling me their tours or private car leasing. They told me that I couldn't walk to any of these restaurants. When I questioned the nearness to the hotel, I was told it was too dangerous. Neither ended up being true. I walked extensively, as well as took the Sky Train and local buses. The personnel at this desk just wanted me to hire their drivers so they tried to make me fearful in order to do so. They should be avoided and are the only reason I don't give this property an excellent rating. The rest of the staff and the experience was heavenly. Congrats to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Coolum Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My friend and I left our husbands home and spent 10 days at the Grand Millenium. What a great choice! (not leaving our husbands home!!) the hotel welcomed us like royalty. The club floor was brilliant and we considered it excellent value for money.Service was discreet and personal. Happy hour was a great bonus and the food choices varied everynight. I needed a Dr and it was organised promptly. The complimentry massage was another bonus. Nothing was too much trouble,even on checking out they noticed our privately booked driver did not arrive. They went to a lot of trouble trying to contact the driver and when that failed arranged a taxi for us . All done with a beautiful smile. Trains were brilliant better by far than our Queensland transport! Everything was so close by and airconditioned,very comfortable. The only slight negative was the stained carpet in our room,I guess not all guests are perfect. Definately booking The Grand Millenium Sukhumvit next time. Might even take my husband!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed 5 nights in a Club room and found this to be one of the most comfortable hotels I've stayed in in BKK. The king beds have nice pillow tops but with good support. Pillows and duvet are feather and down filled. The rooms was immaculate and everything worked fine. The reception and lobby staff were attentive when needed and otherwise discrete. Breakfast has a wide slection of choices, western and asian. Evening entertainment in the lobby bar was nice to start the night. A fantastic gym with top quality equipment was a joy to use. The pool is very small though, but enough for a quick dip.

Room Tip: The hotel features a full-height attrium, so the upper floors can become quite warm in the corridors...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I originally planned to stay for two nights but ended up staying four. The Grand Millennium is a modern comfortable hotel that is relatively quiet and serene inside in contrast to the busy road outside. It is located near the Asoke BTS and underground stations which I find useful for travelling to other parts of Bangkok.

The room that I had was very comfortable and well appointed, it was spacious and had all the amenities I required. I had a wonderful view over Ratchadaphisek Road and the huge nearby shopping centre Terminal 21.

The customer service was pleasant and the hotel seemed to be quiet and relaxing, as in it was rare to really see too many other guests. I didn't eat at this hotel so can't comment on the quality of the food but I had way too many cocktails in the downstairs bar. This was due mainly to the fact that each cocktail was expertly made and tasted amazing and there was live jazz music playing some nights, lending a relaxing ambience. A buy one get one free happy hour exists in the early evening for the cocktails, I can't remember the details, just ask the staff if you're interested.

The one gripe I had with the hotel was the room they first put me in on level 10. Despite asking for a non smoking room I noticed that there were large burn marks all over the carpet and that the furniture was torn; obviously quite a party had happened in this room previously. This, coupled with a non functioning television had me calling up reception to swap to a more acceptable room, to which reception were happy to oblige.

Overall a nice hotel, hopefully will stay here again one day.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room ask to see another one. There are great views available from the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Witney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

From the moment you pull up to the front door to the moment you leave, the staff put you at the top of the feel good factor pile. Every member of staff from the doorman to the masseur to the hotel manager, everyone I spoke to was very polite, and nothing was too much trouble, the only door that I had to open myself was my room door. Food at every meal was top class and always served with a smile, it was a real pleasure to have stayed at this fantastic hotel, thank you Grand Millenium Sukhumvit, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, go for the club rooms as the extras that you get are well worth the extra
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Millennium Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!