“Horrible hotel.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Florida Hotel

You added Florida Hotel to your Saves list
Florida Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Phrayathai Road | Rajathevi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #689 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
“Horrible hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

First time in Thailand so my family decided to try this convenient and cheaply priced hotel. All I can say is convenience is the only good thing going for the hotel. Like other reviews, I thought the front desk and initial service to be not to shabby. At the price point I wasn't expecting much, the beds seemed clean, but the AC was old and physically broke, but could still run. The blinds looked old and dirty. The deal breaker was the toilet . All faucets, sink; shower; tap,spewed hot water! Scalding at that, and I only found out when I was showering. When I tried to call down I realised that the phone didn't actually work. I had to personally walk down to the front desk before they sent someone up. Apparently you have to flush the toilet bowl for any form of cool water runs out. Take it from me, don't come here.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for just an evening in order to get a shower and then a quick transit to the airport (it still takes like 30 minutes) with Skytrain when leaving the country to go back home.

They charged 600 bath for two persons staying ~5 hours and while i thought it may have been worth it while OK'ing the offer in the reception (as the hotel gave off a fairly exclusive feel in the reception), i quickly changed my mind when entering the room; they are simply awful. If you are not convinced then just take a browse through the user photos of the place, especially the bathroom would probably make pickier people puke when they see the shower curtain.

I can only imagine the more positive people on this site must have got another room, but then again, some of the picture i see among the user photos are from the same kind of room we stayed in. The whole room was three decades old with no upkeep what so ever.

The location was OK, close to the direct line to the skytrain to the airport. But other than that there's not much positive about the location - rather stay in Silom or Sukhumvit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Just great location at this hotel because this hotel is so close to airport link and BTS sky train phayathai in really short walking distance. Room condition is really bad for my stay. Shower curtain has mold black dot all over. Hotel is really really old. Water turn brown. I use drinking water bottle to watch my face. The bell boy in front of the hotel want to call taxi for you. He will pull your luggage and one taxi who look like know that bell boy will pick you up. It's scam. Old orange taxi cap , the taxi driver look drunk and try to talk to me. I'm a thai lady who travel alone at this time. The driver asked me "do u have foreigner husband" I say "no" and drive very long drive from about phayathai thai junction road to LadPrao 35... I knew its scam since driver open his mouth and talk to me. But ohh well.. I let him scam and at the end I told him I was born and raise in Bangsue , Bangkok where is very close to Ladprao 35, and I knew you took me for the longest drive ever. My taxi cost me 100bth. Anyway goodness I'm to next hotel safe.. And try not to deal with thai taxi .. Most I will take subway, sky train and airport link in Bangkok... Anyway call taxi by yourself. Study your information really well when getting around Bangkok. I'm bangkokian who was born and grew up in Bangkok and always get scam by thai taxi all the time. Know your information well.. Try to not ask but if u need to ask ... Try to ask thai student in uniform , Most those thai students will not scam you. I have lived in USA 8 yrs now and every time when I back to Bangkok I have always got scammmm....

• Stayed April 2013
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The location is very good, few steps to the airport express and BTS, the room size is good. However, the room is really old, there are spider web on the corner of the ceiling, the bath curtain is old, the shower cant stand properly on the wall, and the toilet light suddenly off. Highly suggest the hotel management to upgrade the cleanness of the room, and it could be one of the best hotel in BKK with its excellent location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

BTS and Sky Train station is just around the corner and with a direct line to the airport and to other parts of Bangkok. Although it is on a busy junction and near the trains we heard no traffic through the night. The room was very basic and I hate blankets on a bed, nor do I like plastic on the mattress and the pillows were so hard and large I stuffed my dirty clothes in the pillowcase and slept on that. Air Con was fine. The bathroom definitely needs updating with a high shower not a hand shower. Having said that it suited us to get to the airport easily. No free WiFi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night before flying back home. The location couldn't be better. When they say 2 minutes walk from the Airport Raillink it really is. It's also right next to the Bangkok Skytrain. The rooms are comfortable enough with good air conditioning and fridge etc. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Despites bad comments from many peoples About this hotel, we still love it because location, location which few steps away from the hotel to the BTS Phaya Thai Skytrain. The room was quite spacious compare to other budget hotels/inn and clean as they changed the bed sheet, pillow covers, towels everyday. The bed was hard after staying for 4 nights and need to change the curtain to block the neon lighting of the hotel$

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Florida Hotel? Share your experiences!