“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok

You added Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 / 1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
4.5 of 5 stars 1,203 Reviews
Beijing, China
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My stay in that hotel was in last August. Central city location is the reason I chose it. Facility was very new . Concierge people really counted, and seem to know the basic of service. However, the front desk was not satisfying. I sent pre note to the hotel and guaranteed a twin bed room since I was travelling with my mother. Instead of providing any explanation or consuling with me first, I was given a king bed room, and I didn't know that until I got the key asked asked the agent. His saying of that was "the hotel didn't have enough twin room today, and it is an upgrade for you". I felt like I booked 200 twin rooms in that hotel on that day, so that I couldnt get one for myself.

For my departure, the check-out took like forever!! I really hope that hotel could get some focus on how the front desk is working there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Annie Z,

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay but I am extremely disappointed to hear that you did not leave us completely satisfied.
I hope that you can accept my sincerest apologies for failing to live up to your expectations in regards to the Front desk services and the requested room type.
Please be assured that this will be looked into and shared with the team.
We value you as a customer and your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and I sincerely hope that we get another chance to welcome you to Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Sanne Emborg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Bangkok for three nights. Room was extremely nice and appointed with lots of unexpected amenities (the shower was wonderful). Service was impeccable and comparable to the type of service and attention to detail that you would receive at a five star hotel in the United States. Buffet breakfast was also very good. Hotel is located in a very nice area and five minute walk to the Sky Train. Also situated right down the block from more pricier hotels such as The Four Seasons. Hotel represents an excellent value and if I return to Bangkok would definitely stay there again. Even though protests were going on during our stay we were not affected as the hotel provided a quiet oasis in the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammy Z,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our Hotel and Services. We are very excited that you enjoyed your experience and will choose us once again when you are back in Bangkok!
Looking forward to welcome you back and serve you again!

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here three times over the past couple of weeks. One night before heading to Brunei, three nights after my return from Brunei, and one night after visiting Chiang Mai. All three stays were great.

I was lucky enough to have a corner room for two of those stays, which was a big, lovely room with great views of the city. There's an in room safe, a couple of free bottles of water, a great bathroom, and nice decor. As mentioned in some of the previous reviews, it's comparable to a regular Marriott in the US, not comparable to a Courtyard.

The lobby space is beautiful, and there's a business center just off the lobby.

The staff could not have been more helpful. I was corresponding with the operations manager about the status of the hotel relative to the protest locations prior to my visit, and he could not have been more helpful. Jay at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful, as was the rest of the front desk and concierge desk and security staff. I felt very welcome and well taken care of during all three of my stays.

The location is great...easy walking distance to two of the skytrain stations and some large shopping malls, as well as Lumphini Park. The protests made getting around a little bit more challenging, but no big deal at all, and I always felt safe.

When I return to Bangkok, this will be my first choice for my hotel.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on higher floors rock!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The location is great 5-10 min walk to the nearest Sky train. It is also a walking distance to the big shopping centres. They also offer a free tuk tuk ride to the sky train, however it goes every 30 or 15 min (cannot remember). So not worth waiting when the walk is only 5 min. The staff was friendly. We stayed at the 14th floor and had the afternoon tea and evening snacks included.However the evening snacks may need some more variety.
If you stay there for the New years, the fireworks cannot be seen from the hotel. Too many high rise buildings around.
The room was spacious and modern. We were happy with the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is pretty nice at a dead end street, which is good and quiet (especially in Bangkok). Its like couple blocks from the sky train. But tuk tuk or taxi is cheap enough to just take that. The service is awesome. When going to Sensation Thailand a couple years ago, it was raining and the hotel went out in the rain to get a taxi for us. The room is pretty big size. Security is good. Free breakfast is even better. Stayed at this hotel for couple of years now as we always book it there when we visit Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Minh O,

We thank you for reviewing your experience with us while in Bangkok. We truly appreciates you great feedback and we are happy to keep welcoming you back to our quiet, but fantastic location in the heart of the city.

Hope to see you soon again!

Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time in this hotel I always stayed at Renaissance near chitlom, it is far away from bts station a long walk. The staff is very young and cold. There is a Tuk Tuk but I hardly fin fit running. I had access to lounge and during evening serving hours I hardly find anything to eat. It is a very average hotel although rooms are new and comfortable. The view from lounge is fantastic. All in all it is an oK hotel but I may not choose it next time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Mohammad Z,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, it is to my regret that the choice of food served in our Lounge during your stay, were not up to your expectations. We will definitely look into this with the team and truly hope to that you choose to come visit us again next time in Bangkok, then I would hope we can meet up personally to gain some more details on your personal preferrences.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great Rooms: quite spacious and comfirtable
Great Service: Room service was nice and prompt. There is a tuk tuk service taking you to the nearest metro station (3 -4 mins away).
Great Food: The breakfast was lavish and nice
Great location: Very close to all the downtown malls.

No complaints. A great hotel

Room Tip: - Even though you can take the Tuk-Tuk back and forth from the hotel to the station, be aware that y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jhunjhun 1981,

Thank you very much for your review, we are very happy that you enjoyed and found everything from service, food to location great.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Sanne Emborg

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!