This hotel in the heart of Bangkok serves a purpose. Here are the key positives:
1. Great place for budget travelers who don't want to spend all the time in the hotel room
2. Buffet breakfast (included in every package) is very good
3. Located in the heart of Bangkok's retail shopping district (sukhumvit) which has way too many shopping and eating options
4. Hotel is very close to the subway (a 5 min walk away) that can take you anywhere in BKK
5. Hotel has a decent bar / restaurant to entertain but is definitely not the Fortune 500 kind of business hotel.
6. The gym and pool on the 7th floor are good options. I used only the pool to cool off after walking out in the sweltering heat
Good to know:
1. I always carry my toiletries because I don't like the ones you get in most hotels. This hotel is one of those.
2. Ask the front desk for a late checkout if you have a late flight out of BKK. They help as much as they can
3. They provide a complimentary tuk tuk (the local ride for up to 4) for Nana station
4. Also complimentary wifi which isn't published in hotel booklet
5. Cab from airport shouldn't cost more than 400 TBahts including all tolls
6. Street food around the hotel is amazing
7. my favorite nearby joint was restaurant Suda for a splendid Thai menu
8. Infinite number of Ozy pubs / bars near the hotel to choose from just as many massage places
9. Terminal 21 is the nearest mall and worth a watch and some window shopping. I got some great deals inside just as much as I got a few on street
10. Drinking in public in Thailand is legal! What more can a tourist ask for? :-)
Nothing stood out per say to point any negatives. For the price I paid, I would stay again if I am traveling on a budget to BKK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Fenix Sukhumvit is located in the heart of Sukhumvit, a central district of Bangkok with easy access to the skytrain.The surrounding area is well known for its vibrant street markets, bars, restaurants and shopping malls as well as for the consulatesand embassies, making it a popular destination for holiday visitors as well as for corporate and business guests.The hotel features 147 stylish designer rooms with WiFi Internet, a lobby bar, a restaurant and a fitness centre. Enjoy Free buffet breakfast, Free unlimited WiFi and 15% discount on our Rooftop Bar. Exclusive only through hotel website! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Le Fenix Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Fenix Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Le Fenix Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
- Le Fenix Bangkok