“location good , but somehow old building” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Fenix Sukhumvit

You added Le Fenix Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Le Fenix Sukhumvit
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33/33 Sukhumvit 11 | Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #283 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“location good , but somehow old building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

stayed for 2 nights , location is very good ,, short walking distance to Nana station and the night life of Sukumvit ,room size is good , hotel have a unique design of the decoration , different shapes for the furniture , its look like an old building which been renovated recently , however still old , stayed in room 622 , the view was not something interested with the mini window they have , waked up at the first night to find our self in something like swimming pool ,, it was a rainy night and the window even its small , it was leaking a lot , HK came immediately and clean it , the floor have a lot of foot print and stains , bed is so comfortable , however u need to be careful as there is hidden edge which really can harmed yr legs , i think the management should pay attention for that . unfortunately the Tuk tuk was out of service during my stay else i guess it will be a good point for the hotel , the roof bar is the best , we really enjoyed our time there , swimming pool is small , but its ok , internet connection free of charge which is a good point , A/C is little bet noisy , not an issue for us , but maybe not suitable for the light sleepers the best is the team , starting from the nice security gentleman and the reception girls and guys , end with the bar team , they are all nice and good english speakers and offer a lot of assistance and information where to go around in the city , i usually stay in Ibis , but i choosed le fenix as am smoker and ibis Nana dont offer smoking rooms , so will i go there again ,, i guess so even i see ibis look more modern

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Denpasar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were delighted at the room and facilities even though only transit in Bangkok. Great location for exploring the city just up the street from Nana station. Breakfast was very good with many choices.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Waterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Le Fenix was a fantastic hotel. I stayed from September 29th thru Oct 5th. Coming from USA, I arrived at hotel around midnight, and check in was a breeze. I stayed in room 712, while my traveling friend was placed in room 713, which we requested in advance. Room was somewhat basic but very functional. The room has a small desk, 37 inch LCD TV with 70 or so channels. The bed was queen size, I think, with the mattress placed on a wooden base, and yes, you can knock your legs on the bed base, but as long as your paying attention, it's not a problem. I found the mattress to be plenty comfortable, and sheets are changed on a daily basis. The room has a safe, and a refrigerator that was stocked with various sodas and alcohol, which is a typical wet bar, you pay for what you use, and I found the prices reasonable. There was also other items for sale in the small space next to refrigerator. There was plenty of space for my clothes in the cabinets. Bathroom was standard, although shower is of open style, with no actually shower door. The hotel has wi-fi available, and you get the first 2 hours free. After that, you have to pay for either 24,48,.72 hours, or for 30 days, which only cost $1250 Baht, which is around $41 USD. There is an antenna outside room 712, so connecting was not a problem. I also saw people using internet throughout the hotel. The restaurants in the hotel were very good. The L3 Eatery on level 3 has fantastic food for all three meals. The breakfast buffett was simple, but delicious. There was a selection of cereal, breakfast breads, fresh orange juice, water, milk, and other juices. Also a nice selection of fresh melons. On the hot side, they have pancakes, crepes, stirred vegetables with rice, fried potatoes, bacon, chicken sausage, and also 5 different selection of eggs, which you have to order from the server directly. Lunch and dinner in the L3 Eatery, from what I saw was the same basic menu, which had a huge selection of thai, and western food. The BEST part of the hotel was the NEST, a very popular bar/restaurant, which sits up on the roof of Le Fenix, and on a weekend night, you can watch people go up to the Nest by the elevator full of people. They have a smart elevator, in that you must use your room key to get to room floors, while you can go express to the Nest rooftop bar without having to stop. The hotel staff was EXCELLANT, very friendly, and had a good command of english language. The hotel is literally 75ft from the entrance to the Q Bar, one of the most popular bars in all of Bangkok. You also get free admission to the Q Bar, and also the Bed Supper Club, which is less than a 2 minute walk from hotel. There is also a 7 Eleven right around the corner. The hotel is very up front about being a guest-friendly hotel, meaning you can bring back a date, and not have any problem or extra charges, however, I didn't notice this type of activity. The hotel seemed to have a health mix of nationals, I saw americans, indians, japanese, and koreans, and also british people. My only problem with the hotel would be, is that they advertise tuk-tuk service to Nana Skytrain station. It's supposed to run from 8am to 8pm daily. The tuk-tuk was not in service once. Now other posters have said the same thing, so if tuk- tim service is not ever available, they should just not advertise that they have the service. It's really no big deal, as Nana Station is about a 10 min walk, not a problem for me, unless it's pouring tropical rain out. When I come back to Bangkok, I WILL be staying at Le Fenix.

Room Tip: Had no problem with my room, 712.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Arranged a stag do for a mate and 22 of his closest friends and stayed at Le Fenix. Perfect base, right in the thick of Sukhumvit, close to all the action.

Hotel was modern, clean, great value and very efficient when it came to initial booking, check in and dealing with our various requests.

Restaurant and Bar was very good and staff were always attentive and patient with us.

All in all, exactly what we wanted and a good experience and will recommend to friends in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Kapaa, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have seen Le Fenix over the years, but this was my first stay here. It's a typical boutique hotel in the thick of things in Sukhumvit.

As I'm a frequent business traveler to Bangkok, I have my wants and I have my needs. My needs are a clean, comfortable hotel that is close to the UPS office at Soi 7 and to have wifi access in my room for email and managing my websites. My wants are a workout room and a nice buffet for breakfast.

Le Fenix met my wants and my needs without much trouble. It is very clean and comfortable. The wifi in the room varied in speed, but was adequately fast. I wasn't bothered by any street noise or rotten cigarette smoke, and the workout room was simple but sufficient. The pool, like most BKK hotel pools, was small but refreshing and clean.

The morning buffet was excellent. It was not included with my room, but I took full advantage of it. At around 350 baht it was reasonably priced and had lots of options including eggs, meats, Asian fare, pastries, fresh fruits and juices. It did get a little crowded one day, but the staff were excellent and very friendly.

This was a nice hotel, but a bit far from the Skytrain. Only about a 10 minute walk, but do that a couple times a day and it can get tedious. Also, their tuktuk was not working while I was there, so had to hoof it for all six days. Not a deal breaker though.

This was a decent, clean, affordable hotel in a safe area with not too much craziness at night, from what I saw. No working girls except up near Villa Market (decent grocery store), but they are easily avoided by crossing the street.

I would recommend this hotel for a variety of traveler types to BKK.

Room Tip: Villa Market is a good, cheap place to get staples and refreshments for the room as a nice alternati...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Le Fenix Sukhumvit, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear KauaiMike

First of all I would like to thanks you for your review of the hotel, we are glad to have met your standards. Regarding our Tuk Tuk, it is now fixed and running.
I am glad you enjoy our buffet breakfast and the general facilities of the hotel and hope to see you soon, on your next trip to Bangkok

Have a great day
Le Fenix Team
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I've been to La Fenix only once and i was positively impressed by the fresh athmosphere of the place, part of it due to the location: very young comminity all around.. as per the All Season sub chain of Accor, this is a Basic hotel with a touch of colours and some nice detail: altough basic, the bathroom tiles/shower is very interesting.. the bedroom is not so different from an Ibis/holiday inn express (watch your head: there is something funny about the headrest that you risk to get hurt.. pillows, hidden edge i can't really recall: just be carefull) As you would expect from a chain, it's all clean, tidy and in working order (apart missing batteries in the remote.. but for that i blaim young guests), that for me is the main thing, as a start. I much prefer a basic hotel, new and clean, that an elegant one but rusty and decadent.. so in that perspective, with IBIS, Holiday inn express, All season, La fenix.. you never go wrong.
Another additional positive point is: generous buffet breakfast and a by the pool lounge bar.. that distinguish this hotel from a boring standard Ibis..
Altough is a basic hotel, you can ask the concierge to get a taxi to anywhere and in a minute you will be bargaining with the driver price and destination... Smile!!!: thai people love it.. and is a positive message always.
Will i come back? well, cannot complain about the hotel neither about the area, is the buzzing area of BKK where all the westerns go, so.. no, i probably they will not see me again: in Bkk i prefer other places, altough if you get a good price, why not?
There is nothing negative about this hotel, but i won't give it 4 stars.. is a pretty basic hotel under some aspects and in BKK the competition is fierce, for what it is and for what you can get with the same money, is a little over priced.. you pay the location, that is 2 steps away from one of the clubbing areas of bkk. I'd rather take a taxi after my night out and get a more peacefull place, but that is me. Aircond is efficient, but as i remember, a little bit noisy.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the opposite side from the clubs.. you cannot escpate the noise, but at least is less n...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dear Flying Blue Boy

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and we are glad that you liked our product in general as well as our Breakfast, regarding the Buzzling side of the area please let us know next time you come as we can always try to get you our most quiet room, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.
Have a great day and hope to see you while your next stay in Bangkok

Le Fenix Team

Been to Le Fenix Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!