“Great Location & Nice Service in Express Style” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #143 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok
“Great Location & Nice Service in Express Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel is my type. All express in the best way of service. The hotel is not far from the BTS Skytrain, just walk about five min and easy access to all nightlife area of Bangkok"Silom Street" You can enjoy for all area nearby the hotel. Bed is very comfortable, great value to stay and free breakfast for all booking. Mr.To-ey - Guest Service Agent is very nice. He is very helpful and always smile. Don't miss to greet him upon arrival

Room Tip: Twin bed is good for two persons, if stay alone I would like to recommend for queen bed
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
bombinobkk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Pannathorn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn and appreciate your great comment about my team, Khun To-ey.

Holiday Inn Express stands for great value for money, great location with the Express Start Breakfast included, free WiFi and a great sleep experience. We are glad you recognized us for all of our great benefits we offer.

We look forward to have you with us in the near future. Stay Smart with us!

Suchada Saengarun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is my first time with Holiday Inn Express, elsewhere. I quite like the "Express" concept here. Although it is "express", the staff here are professional and friendly. They never leave the famous Thai hospitality and smiles behind.
The hotel is on Soi Narathiwat 3 just off main road where BTS Chongnonsi station is. I could notice the hotel sign from the station platform, so that's easy to find.
Check-in was quick and informative with friendly smiles, of course. The hotel asked for a THB2,000 deposit on credit card (which I got it back when check-out).
Our room (419) was on the 4th floor and facing the back with neighbour buildings but no problems with lighting nor noise at all. The standard queen bed room was not big, but good size for us. The bed, pillows (choices of firm & soft), and duvet were so comfy I never wanted to leave!
However, the next morning while I was brushing my teeth, I have noticed water leaked under the sink down to the bathroom floor. Okay, perhaps because it's brand new, understand that this sort of problems might occur. Then a few hours later, while using the sink to shave, the water leaked again, all over the bathroom floor. I had to use all the towels to stop it. I called to the Front Desk, and they quickly sent maintenance staff to fix it. Unfortunately, they informed us it would take time to repair, so the Front called and told that they would change a new room for us. The new room was only metres away, facing the front side of the hotel (438), still no problems with lighting nor noise from outside, there was a bit of sunlight around noon which was great.
For the bathroom, I think the shower cubicle was a bit small, but still no problems with it. There was only shower gel dispenser in the shower, so prepare your own shampoo & conditioner. There was also a hand soap dispenser at the sink. Toothbrushes & tooth paste, shower caps, female sanitary bags provided. There was a sign said if you need other stuff like comb, disposable razor, shave cream etc., you can ask from the Front desk. Hair dryer was also provided.
There was a fridge, with nothing in it. Two bottles of water were provided each day. A kettle, coffee cups, tea/coffee making sets were there. You can get mini bar stuff from the Front desk (I think with some costs). Or just walk to a 7-Eleven round the corner!
For the "Express" breakfast, it was a self-service buffet style with a few choices of main dish each day such as fried egg, sausages (yummy with Dijon mustard!), fried rice, noodle soup (or rice soup). Fresh fruits, choices of cereal with a few kind of milk (soy, non-fat, fresh) suit your taste and health. A selection of toast, bread rolls, croissant (yummy), and pastries. Personally, I think if the croissants have been lukewarm a bit, they would be fantastic! There were butter, a few kinds of jam, Nutella (yummy) and honey for the bread as well. The drink counter was great! with choices of fruit juice, chilled water, hot tea (selection of tea bags), and of course the coffee machine which also provide hot chocolate (super!). Another great idea was that they also offer "Grab & Go" breakfast for a guest who is in a hurry, with a take-away set of drink & bread.
Walking around the hotel lobby, I also noticed that the public area restroom was nice & clean. There was a self-service laundry machine, ironing board also provided. A gym with some equipments. A meeting room was also there. What I really like were those bright colour paintings about everyday in Bangkok. They were not only colourful but lively! Love them very much!
Despite the "express" concept, I found the staff here very polite & friendly, everyone always smile. I would like to thank K.To-ey (who always mentioned my name), K.Mary, K.Pear at the Front desk for your professional work. And K.Miguel, a young lady at Great Room (breakfast) and the chefs, for being so friendly, attentive, and helpful.
The neighbourhood nearby, you will find lots of street food stalls along the main road (BTS station) and also along the sub streets, shortcut to Silom road & Sathorn road. McDonalds, Little Home were just around the corner. Dean & Deluca was on opposite side. Lots of local eateries in the area. And the famous Lalai Sap Market (ซอยละลายทรัพย์) is only a short walk via Trinity Complex towards Bangkok Bank Head Office.
Overall, my two-night stay at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn was fantastic! Minor problems have been erased away by professional staff. I would definitely come back, and would strongly recommend to both leisure guests or guests with business purpose.

Room Tip: Personally prefer a room on a higher floor, and facing the front side.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
bombinobkk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Patrick-Syd,

We appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review following your recent stay with us.

We are thrilled that our Holiday Inn Express concept appeals to you and that you were impressed not only with our location and facilities offerings but also with the service of our team members. It is always a pleasure to learn that our efforts are being translated into your experience.

Despite your positive comments, I must offer my sincere apology for our room condition which we will improve on that.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcome you in future.

Khon Kaen, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I travel to Bangkok a minimum of once a month and was excited to hear that the new HI Express was opening within walking distance of everywhere I usually go while in the city. Please be reminded that this is an Express property - no frills - but the rooms are immaculate (as they should be since the property is brand new) and the service is comparable to that of any higher rated hotel. In fact, the manager of the property comes from a hotel in the eastern part of Thailand who remembered me as a past guest. Now, that is great service! There are some kinks in the hotel to work out for sure, as it is new, but on the whole it was an enjoyable stay. I would point out the hotel itself is on a very narrow and busy street in the heart of Sathorn and Silom. There is no sidewalk about 250 meters, so you are literally walking with the cars. Anyone with extreme mobility problems might have a problem - otherwise - that is a small price to pay for the location AND price. It can't be beat. Kudos to the staff for making me feel welcome as a Platinum member. Cheers and best wishes -

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jansonuz,

Thank you for being the first guest to review on Tripadvisor and being our IHG Platinum member.

We are very pleased to hear that we were able to achieve our aim in providing you with comfort room, convenience location, great service all at a value price.

We look forward to welcome you in near future stays in Bangkok. STAY SMART with us!

Suchada Saengarun

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn? Share your experiences!