“Overall, this is a good hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of I-Residence Hotel Silom

You added I-Residence Hotel Silom to your Saves list
I-Residence Hotel Silom
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   93 Narathivas Rachanakarin Road Soi 3, Silom | Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Ranked #394 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Overall, this is a good hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for leisure purposes for 4 nights on 9 Aug 2013. My reservation was made through Booking.com.

The location is very good as it is located right next to BTS Chong Nonsi Station. Once you leave the train station, you just have to take less than two minutes to get to this hotel on foot. Further to this, there are so many local restaurants surrounding the hotel. You don't have to worry about eating. Room check-in was very smooth. When the receptionist gave me the room key, she told one king-size bed was in my room but when I got into my room, there were two single beds. According to the description shown about this hotel on Booking.com, room payment can be settled by American Express but I was told it couldn't be used for payment. Luckily, I had other credit cards. The receptionist told me the Internet was complimentary for 24 hours but unfortunately, it did costs me THB80 upon my departure. Never mind, it's not a big amount.

The room was fine but a little bit dusty, especially its floor and sofa. The air conditioner is cold enough. On the first day, when I checked the window, I found that it hasn't been locked. For security, I am afraid they have to improve it as it is their responsibility to ensure the room is safe before my arrival. On the forth day, the housekeeping department forgot to refill shower gel in my room. No toothbrush and toothpaste provided during my whole stay. The room safe cannot be unlocked once it is locked but I am lucky enough not to have put anything in it. And most important, its shower stated it run warm water but I am afraid the temperature is like cold water.

Gym room was bad as its running machine seems broken and the weight machine was broken. If you expect to have a good work-out there, you must be very disappointed with it. Swimming pool was very good. You can order drinks and have it near the pool. So relaxing. Room Service is very good and efficient. All items are cheap. A Club Sandwich with French Fries is cheaper than a McDonald's set.

Overall, I am satisfied with the service provided in this hotel. Its room rate is reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and found the location (near Sky train, Silom, etc), breakfast (buffet of western & eastern foods-hot&cold), rooftop pool, staff, rooftop dining and the room to be very good and suited to our needs.
It is not a 5* resort, so don't come expecting that.
We will stay here next time we are in Bangkok and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is well located in front of a sky strain station. To go to the touristic center we took the metro to the river and from there the boat. It is also at 20 minutes walking distance of the Lumphini park. Around the hotel you also have a market and street restaurants.

The breakfast was disappointing. Not that we expect a big buffet, But we had very little fresh products. We even had canned fruits. This is a pity as in the street of the hotel we used t buy fresh fruits at a affordable prices.

The swimming pool is very pleasant after a day of walking.

The Wifi is not free, which is a pity nowadays. However there is an Internet corner with PCs.

The room noise isolation is not very good. We had to call the reception for noisy neighbors. The staff was prompt to react.

We would have appreciated more shampoo. The one small bottle was not enough for 2 occupants. Otherwise the room was clean and comfortable.

Our room had a big window but as right in front we had other rooms, we had to leave the curtains closed, so at the end the room was a bit dark.

I feel this hotel is more for a business/conference/meeting trip.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the upper levels and ask to not have other rooms as a view, but rather the sky train an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Terrible reception service, room service... worst of all, the rooms are with old furnishings, noisy aircons and shower tap... I requested change of room, and still the same... Basically, I wont want to touch anything.

Only the location is very near to Chong Nongsi BTS

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sierre, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best hotel you can find for the transport (and price) reason in Bangkok. Bangkok is known for its traffic jam, the best thing is get your hotel location as near as BTS. Don't trust the tuk-tuk driver, most of the time they just want to used tourist to get more money, while they bring them to expensive shop, boat rental, reataurants, etc...
I highly recommended this hotel. The staff is correct. The room is very spacious too. The breakfast is poor

Room Tip: deluxe room on higher level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the I-residence Silom for my 2 night stay in Bangkok. I have to say the location was perfect. It's got the skytrain literally next to the hotel and so easy to get anywhere in Bangkok. Unfortunately I missed the breakfasts both days due to busy schedule and early itinarary that started before breakfast so unable to comment on that. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The only problem I encountered was on day 2 when checking out, it took the reception staff over 45 mins to do this. She was clearly very stressed out, however I had a taxi booked or the airport and needed to leave. She asked over 5 times the room number and kept getting it wrong. She would then leave me and go on to see to other guests whilst I was waiting. The reception area needs to staffed by more than one member of staff to deal with busy situations. Other than this it was an enjoyable stay with a great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a by well located hotel, next to CNS BTS, and steps aways from Silom. With the BTS, u can practically go anywhere n Bangkok.

The rooms a big and spacious, and everything nice. What sucks is the service:
1. They closed the restaurant and room service for the day without notice. The notice in the room clearly said that the room service closes at 10.30pm, but they insisted it as 10pm. And my call was only at 9.50pm.
2. I asked for a non-smoking and even mentioning it 3X. The girl insisted so, but my room smelled as if it was just razed. Come on, how can it be non-smoking with a smell like that, and an ash tray in the room.

Room Tip: If unwanted a non-smoking room, insist so, and don't let go until l they get it right. They shou...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to I-Residence Hotel Silom? Share your experiences!