Travel dates: 22-24 Oct 2010
Travelled with husband & another couple. This was a last minute hotel pick cause i didnt have time to scout for a low, and hotels.com first choice came up with this as best price. Here is my review:
1. I got a junior suite - with a spacious living room, a fridge with only 2 mineral bottles, 1 tiny bathroom (with only shower gel, shampoo & handwash) and 1 very nice bedroom with an awesome view of Bangkok
2. The entire apt was clean and spacious.. huge! u can throw ur stuff around and never trip on them
3. A TV & DVD player provided in the living room (with only 1 couch though)
4. Water pressure was strong so that was nice
5. U get 2 airconds - one for the bedroom & one for the living room. Both are individually controlled and it's in pretty good condition
6. Bedroom was with a queen size bed, very clean sheets and with a tiny balcony. we slept with the drapes open so that we can view bangkok's city lights
1. Bathroom was small - cant fit 2 people if u need to use the sink etc
2. The safe was TINY - cant even fit my notebook laptop.. so instead, we didnt let anyone clean the room. Not that u require lots of clenaing unless u wanna party like crazy
Yeay points - very easy webpage to be used. u can always call up to reconfirm ur booking. staff speaks english quite okay...
1. Super near to Ratchatewi station - 2mins walk
2. Near to MBK - bout 8 mins walk
3. Supposed to be near to the canal too but i didnt go there.. supposed to be 2 mins walk too..
4. From aiport it will take u about 30 mins to arrive, 1 hour during rush hour. About 300-400 Baht. I suggest u take the train from airport all the way to Phaya Thai and then board the Sukhumvit line to Ratchethewi and walk from there.. cheaper and faster! 15 baht per person until end of 2010.. and max 45 baht afterwards.. that is if u dont have a LOT of baggage.. cause at ratchathewi, there's only stairs - no escalators etc
1. For first timer, it's hard to find the locaiton. Even the taxi driver had a hard time. From the main road, u have to take a really tiny road to the hotel. U can hardly see the "Evergreen Place" signboard cause it's not on the main road. If you see a 7 Eleven before the Ratchathewi station, then take a turn to the tiny road there.. and it's there!
1. We paid RM200 per night with breakfast there.. that's about EUR50 per night.. not bad...
Internet is not free.. u have to pay and get a login id.
Breakfast wasn't great at all... but i loved the coffee.
No restaurants nearby, but there's a CocoWalk, similar like a bar area- but we didnt go there.
I would recommend it for big groups going and can share the apartment... the only other place i stayed in was Siam City Hotel, which was nice, but very much pricier. I will most likely try other hotels on my nx visit to Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evergreen Place Bangkok offers 119 one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites in an ideal location just 2-minute walk to BTS Ratchathewi Station, 8-minute walk to Siam Paragon shopping complex and 10-minute walk to MBK Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Evergreen Place Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Place Bangkok Hotel Bangkok