“Cute little hotel in the heart of Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel

You added Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel to your Saves list
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
46 Thewet Soi 1, Krungkaseam Rd. | Bangkhunprom, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,522 Reviews
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cute little hotel in the heart of Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We stayed here recently for one night in Bangkok, and wished we could stay longer! The hotel staff were so helpful, and brought us a welcome drink and treat when we arrived, and even packed our breakfast for us because we were leaving too early to make the normal breakfast time! Our room was adorable, with a cute little balcony, hot shower, and organic bath gels. Would recommend taking the nearby ferry down to the palace area and wandering around, its a short, fun trip! Will definitely be staying here next time we are in Bangkok!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

As the title says, the character of this hotel was lovely.
The whole openness of the guests were interesting and took a little bit to get used to it.
Like getting massage while the kids running around you-the massage is the centering relaxing moment I always felt therefore it was weird at first but as usual kids bring the joy anyhow. :)
The staff were great and I felt safe there.
e.g) Even though there's no safe in the room , I didn't feel like I need one as I don't usually keep things in the safe in my life.

I really appreciated other previous guest's comments to convince to try this place even though I already know a few places I feel comfortable staying everytime I visit Bangkok.

I would especially recommend this place to a family traveling with young kids.
They're free to run around and play together.
As a solo traveler who would like to escape from the daily routine and find a chance to listen to themselves again, it can be a little bit challenging to focus.
I woke up 8am for the kids laughing happily running around that I felt so bad to feel angry.

But it is a place I will always think of when I'm visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Munster, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

A place to come back to. Too bad the flight to Bangkok is so expensive, otherwise I would love going there once in a while to reaload my bateries. Very colourful, lovely decorated hotel....quiet, very friendly stuff....for me the perfect place. Very special and familiar...much better than staying in one the big hotels that could exist in each large city of the world.
The two nighnts in Phra-Nakorn Norn-Len Hotel made my short Bangkok stay in the end of my Thailand trip very special – THANK YOU!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

great place to visit with children. lovely garden with a childrens playground, very quiet at night (not usual in bangkok at all) and very friendly staff. the perfect place to stay with your family in busy bangkok.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
West Bay, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed at Phranakorn Nornlen twice, for a few days in December and again in January. We really enjoyed our stays in this eclectic hotel where hand-painted murals decorate most walls and the ambiance is peaceful and relaxed. Both of our rooms were comfortable and had everything we needed, although no TV (if you're into that - we're not). The internet was very stable and quite fast and available by wi-fi throughout the hotel. We had the traditional Thai breakfasts which were unusual and delicious and beautifully-presented. The hotel is located on a sidestreet in a neighborhood that feels like you're really in Bangkok and not in a tourist area. Within walking distance are numerous small, local restaurants and foodstands, although we didn't encounter anything very fancy. There is also a 7-11 a block away. One of our most outstanding days in Thailand was Christmas day when we went on the Floating Gardens tour led by Tukta from the hotel. Tukta is a wonderful guide and the tour was a great mix of marketplace, riverboat ride and lunch, with stops along the way. If you are looking for a non-traditional hotel that is comfortable, friendly, peaceful and a bit unusual, this is a terrific place to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and I just stayed at the PN for three nights. It was A-MAZ-ING!!! From the welcome drink and cool towel when we checked in, to the exceptionally amazing breakfasts, internet access, smoothies and food....everything was just quirky enough to be fun, comfortable enough to be worth it and a sanctuary in a crazy city.

We had to leave in the early morning, to catch our ride to Cambodia and the PN met us, helped us with our taxi and provided us with juice (fresh, of course) and sandwiches for our trip. I just wish that PN was in my own backyar instead of 6,000 miles away!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Really cute hotel, great view on a Gold Buddha from the roof.
Nice breakfast in a nice "garden".
Really like it, want to go there again !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel? Share your experiences!