“Quiet, clean and lovely room decoration” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
You added Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Thewet Soi 1, Krungkaseam Rd. | Bangkhunprom, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand (Banglamphu)   |
Ranked #4 of 806 Hotels in Bangkok
Taiwan China
“Quiet, clean and lovely room decoration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I felt very comfortable in the Phranarkorn Norlen hotel. The staff was very attentive and polite. I liked the individual room decoration very much. The rooms are also very clean and welcoming. The beds were a bit hard but you could still get a good night sleep. Very quiet location in an old district of Bangkok. I liked that it is within walking distance from a large temple worth seeing, and just as close to the ferry. In the area where the hotel is located you can also explore some narrow local streets and the small market nearby if you have the time. I would stay here again for sure and I happy to recommend this place to anyone who’s looking for a place to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
PhranakornNornlen, Front Office Manager at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review : )

Nice to know that you had a great time with us. Regarding the bed, we were recently changed those hard beds and hope guests will feel more comfortable. There are many interesting places in the walking distance. Those who don't have much time to explore the area, please feel free to ask for more advice from our staff who are willing to help you.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Lativa Riga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I love this place! It has a vintage motif and a very relaxed feel. I really like their idea of capturing a specific market that really appreciates nature and strongly believes in its preservation. They offer vegetarian meals and fresh juices. Their rooms are vintage-inspired from the mundane items like hangers to the vintage camera decors. I also like how it's like an artistic yet natural all at the same time. The furniture is made from natural materials, the rooms are hand painted with beautiful designs and most of all, their garden view is amazing! I felt like coming here was not just to relax my mind, but also to cleanse my body and my soul. It was such a spiritual journey coming here and I love to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Renee E
PhranakornNornlen, Front Office Manager at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time write us the review : )
We care every details here for guests satisfaction and relax so it is great to know that you like our place : ) All the staff also willing to help you anything you need and want you to feel like home when you stay here.

Hope to see you again when you come back to Bangkok.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

ditto to all the previous positive reviews. My wife and two teenage daughters fell in love with this hotel/hostel. The people are amazing - friendly, humble and willing to to what it takes to make you feel important.

one note for future travellers - we had a room that was opposite the main stairwell that led to the rooftop and down to the ground floor. As late as 11.30pm and and as early as 6am I could clearly hear people walking and talking up and down the stairs in their thongs/flip flops.
For me personally, this was not a problem as i am an early riser but if we were staying any longer than two nights i would of asked to move to a more secluded area for my wifes benefit. Again, this is not a negative or a complaint - this is a one of a kind place that should be experienced. This is more hostel than hotel so if you are expecting a sleep in or peaceful early night and you are a light sleeper, I would recommend a room away from the stairwell.

Also my wife wanted to mention that she had the best massage here that she had in the whole of Thailand. Unfortunately we left it to the last day so couldnt go back for me! I think the massage ladies name was penny or penn?

Room Tip: If you want a sleep in or peaceful early night, I would recommend a room away from the main stairwel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

It is really great that you had a good time with us, and sorry for the inconvenience regarding the room.
Hope to see you again if you have a chance to come back to Bangkok
and come try the massage : )

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

There's not much I can say about this place which other reviewers haven't already said! Phranakorn Nornlen was such a pleasant, welcome surprise, very offbeat and quirky, something wonderfully different from the usual generic hotels and guest houses. I've never before stayed in accommodation with so much creativity and loving attention to detail. For Southeast Asian travellers the room rates are somewhat pricey (definitely not budget accommodation), but I felt that it was great value for money, and as the entire time you spend there is an experience in itself, I didn't mind paying extra. Service was great and food was delicious, although if you want more eating options (including Western dishes) and a proper drinking bar, you'll have to search for cafes and pubs elsewhere. The only slight downside is its location further north from the Old Bangkok area, which makes it a bit of a walk away from all the main tourist sites. 15-20 mins walk away from Khao San Rd, 30-40 mins walk away from the Grand Palace area. As we tried to walk everywhere as much as possible to save money, we were exhausted after only 2 days! However the hard mattress in our room had surprisingly magical rejuvenating properties - every morning I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for more action, with all my aches and pains having melted away! And, as I have a bit of a retro obsession, I absolutely loved the painstaking recreations of vintage scenes from a bygone Bangkok, which reminded me affectionately of old-time Malaya. Would definitely return - in fact I'm not sure we would even bother looking for anywhere else to stay in Bangkok!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheema A
PhranakornNornlen, Front Office Manager at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time write us the nice review : )
It is nice to know that you enjoy your stay and love to come back. To visit the tourist attraction area you could you the public transportation such as, river boat, tuktuk, taxi or a bus. Feel free to ask for any suggestions from our staff, they always have some tips for you : )
Hope to see you again next time you come back to Bangkok

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

A thoroughly enjoyable and excellent hostel - and most of that was down to the staff themselves. We were greeted warmly when we arrived, with a complimentary drink, and help to take our bags upstairs to our room. Our room was a double - not huge, but completely adequate for our needs, and had an en-suite toilet and shower, and a balcony over the street below. The CD player with funky french music cd was a nice addition!

The location was great - out of the way down a side street, but the market stands and shopping area were within walking distance, and we were able to see about with no problems.

I cannot emphasis enough how impressed we were with the staff. They allowed us to store our luggage at the hostel after we checked out to enable us to go into town before our evening flight, and also booked taxis for us on request - and most importantly, spoke to the taxi drivers AND us, telling us what we should expect to pay based on the length of our journey, which saved us being ripped off, which happened elsewhere!!!

Would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil A
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for you nice feedback : )
We all willing to help you feel comfortable as much as we can,even you travel far from home but you will feel like home here.
Hope to see you again if you have a chance to come back to Bangkok.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

One of the best place that I have ever stayed. I love everything about the place - the vintage theme, the cleanliness, the food, the friendly staff, the cozy atmosphere. My 5 days solo travel is sort of a retreat. There were days that I just stayed in the hotel, and reflect. The ambience of the place helped me reinforce my thought process when I wrote my journal.

I also appreciate how they prepare their food. I'm not a fan of vegetarian dish, but the vegetarian meals here are really good.

I also appreciate the staff. They are very helpful and friendly. You can really see that they are trying their best to assist you. And I love it when they make you feel at home.

And try their cooking class! The complete your travel with the authentic Thai experience, you should try their cooking class :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Carpediemist
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review : )
Great to hear that you had a nice stay and also like the cooking class. In the future we will provide more class for guests, so stay with us you could get more experiences.
Hope to see you again someday if you come back to Bangkok

Grenoble, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We went there 3 years ago and found this place just perfect. When we meant perfect, we meant perfect according to our criteria, which still explains why there are below 'excellent' grades to this place (which still baffles me...). And our best argument this time is just that we came back. I must state that we are not lazy people, i.e we did not came back here just because we knew it! We spent a month in Thailand this time, landed in Bangkok and booked 5 days there, went to Cambodia, then came back to Bangkok, and booked one night there, then did a round trip in Thailand, and came back to Bangkok before living, and booked, again, 3 days there.
For people who need more specific details : the whole crew is very kind and helpful and is always ready to help whatever you ask for (provided they can do something about it!), breakfast is delicious, rooms are clean and comfortable, the place is very nice and original.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ben_isa_38
PhranakornNornlen, Front Office Manager at Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your stay and the lovely review : )
It is always good to see old friends here. We try to keep the slow ambiance so after you come all around the city you could feel like home when you back here.
Hope to see you again and again.