Overall experience at Phranakorn Nornlen was very good. Staff and gardens are absolutely beautiful. However, whatever you do, DO NOT USE their airport transport service (more below).
Now, top/bottom three features of the Hotel/B&B.
1. Staff. Absolutely wonderful staff. From the front desk, down to the Housekeepers, everyone makes you feel right at home;
2. Food. We felt the breakfast was very good. Alternating between an English/American, to what is close to a light Thai breakfast on alternating days; the breakfasts were a good way to start the day. I also believe that the food and drink is locally sourced;
3. Location is very good. In Bangkok, this hotel is not in the proximity of the SkyTrain or any type of Metro, but taxis and (the fun!) water transport (from the Thewet station down the street), will get you anywhere to the tourist sites in Bangkok. Boat ride is only 15 Baht!
1. DO NOT USE THE AIRPORT TRANSFER SERVICE. Overpriced and may be a Thai scam. I notified them three times of our arrival. Pre-paid them (a mistake) an exorbitant amount of 1,250 Baht ($42 USD) and THEY WILL NOT refund. Followed their instructions, and wandered around the airport for over an hour. Guess what? No one to be found. Took a taxi for 300 Baht (yes, one quarter the price), and got delivered right to the doorstep of the B&B. Just make sure the taxi drops the meter;
2. No electronics. No TV, radio, or even radio. So don’t expect any of that. A little disappointing given the price one pays to stay there;
3. Little inconveniences. We were in room 313 and were woken up every day around 5:00 am by a dog barking (now, that is the alarm clock).
As mentioned, overall positive experience. Thai people and food is excellent. Few words of note. If you go in March/April, expect heat. Was 40C in Ayutthaya. If you are Caucasian, EXPECT to be scammed if you walk the streets (it will happen). Not as bad as India/some parts of China, but you are a target. We loved the Blue Sapphire scam (and whatever you do, don’t go into a tuk tuk that drives right up!). Very elaborate and you will be caught up in it if you are not careful. And these scammers can be real good.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time write us the feedback, it really helpful both to us and other travelers.
Regarding the transfer service, I am apologize for any inconvenience, maybe some misunderstanding as if they didn't show up because of their mistake they must refund the amount you paid. Please contact the reservation about this issue and we will help you talking to the transfer as we are difference company. The transfer service price is more expensive than the normal taxi. however those who need this kind of service; pick up at the gate, drive direct to the hotel without confusion, nice driver, the pick up service is could be one of your choice.By the way the taxi from the airport is also convenience and of course the price is cheaper : )
About the scam, I also would like to warn everyone about that, there are good and bad tuktuk driver (not all), if they convince you to go somewhere that you don't want to, just say no to them. Be careful, especially the tuktuk at the tourist place such as the grand palace or some temples.They will not force you or do bad thing to you, they just convince you. For the price, please find some information before you go that how much should it be, please feel free to ask at the reception : )
Finally we really appreciate your comments, it really useful.
Have a slow life.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.