“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel

You added Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel to your Saves list
Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel
46 Thewet Soi 1, Krungkaseam Rd. | Bangkhunprom, Phranakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 761 Hotels in Bangkok
Ayutthaya, Thailand
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

There's a really relax atmosphere which makes you feel at home.
Every morning starts with delicious breakfast and good coffee.
Watch out with the Thai massage. It can be a bit painful if you're not used to it as we are.

Also extra bonus points for:
- one free laundry
- fast and free wifi
- beautiful hotel decoration

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at PN in 2009 and was delighted to return again. I arrived from Chiang Mai after a 15 hour train ride, and even though it was early (7.30am) and my room wasn't ready, Naam was so kind to allow me to check in and take a shower before storing my luggage.

The room I was given at PN was very clean and I was delighted to note that the same laidback atmosphere that PN exudes is still there. I slept so well!

PN also has a larger shop now (it was much smaller back in 2009), producing their brand of spa products. I was given a complimentary soap and lemongrass balm, the latter an excellent insect repellent - a real, high quality product that deserves a mention. Their products also make excellent gifts.

I felt so welcomed and happy to stay here, even though it was only for an overnight trip. Before I left for Don Muang airport the following morning, I was even given a bottle of cold water to bring along for my journey. After arriving home, I received an e mail notifying me that I had left my phone charger behind, and the staff were offering to mail it back to me. Personal touches like these are precisely what makes PN my absolute favourite place to stay in Thailand.

Khab koon kaa, PN! I will return again :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

WAHT AN AMAZING AND QUIRKY HOTEL. From the road you'd never guess there was a complete oasis of calm hidden in Bangkok. Great and friendly staff. The rooms are all individual with lovely murals. We had temples painted on ours but others have elephants and fish etc, all unique. We went in a party of 17 ranging in age from 4 to 70 and it suited all our needs. The rooms and indeed the whole hotel was extremely clean and the gardens a delight, great for the children with a lovely play area. In a perfect spot to sightsee and some great Thai restaurants in walking distance. Would not hestitate to stay again.

Room Tip: none of our group had a bad room all great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Everything is in the title of this review, our travel began once arriving in this wonderful place. Thanks to the team which is so nice and helpful, for example they provided specific breakfast for me suffering from food intolerances. The garden is wonderful, our daughter loved to play there with other childrens while we were quietly talking with other guests. Please don't change everything !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

PN is a fantastic hotel. It's a great place to stay to escape the business of Bangkok - but it's still so central to get around and explore.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and make beautiful soap and ice cream.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend the place to anyone visiting Bangkok.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Really couldn't have asked for more, first night in Bangkok, arrived to a delicious meal, lovely room and hot shower! The staff were so kind, welcoming and helpful....what more could you want!
Totally relaxed hotel in the mayhem that is Bangkok!

Thanks!

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very original and beautiful decorated rooms; peaceful garden; delicious food and drinks; very friendly and helpful staff; good location (in a green and calm neighbourhood and only 10 minutes walking to the Chaya Prao River Express); etc. I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Phranakorn-Nornlen Hotel? Share your experiences!