“Filthy pool, dirty hotel, rude staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza

You added Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza to your Saves list
Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 Soi Ram Buttri, Chakkra Phong Road | Phra Nakorn, Bangkok 10200, Thailand   |
Ranked #352 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
bklynyoga
“Filthy pool, dirty hotel, rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the absolute worst we have had in 7 months travel of Asia!
-The pool was disgustingly dirty. It had what looked like sperm floating in it. A bunch of it. We alerted the front desk and told them it was a health hazard to which they laughed! See my photos.
- The staff is beyond rude. Unhelpful, mean and downright horrible.
- There is trash everywhere! See my pics.
- Drunk backpackers passed out all over the lobby.
- Small ugly rooms with moldy shower heads. See pics.
- rooms ALWAYS smell like cigarettes as people can smoke in all rooms

We paid for three nights but left after two.
RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here 12-17th March. The location of the hotel is good, Soi Rambuttri we found preferable to Khao San, as it is quieter, but only a 2 minute walk to Khao San anyway, so the location is really very good. Our room was basic, but clean. The room cleaning staff were the best in the building, always smiling and wishing us good morning. The reception staff on the other hand were EXTREMELY rude, arrogant and uncaring. They looked at you and spoke to you like you were something nasty a street dog may have dragged in!!! I don't care how much you pay for a hotel, there is no reason for any establishment to treat their customers like Rambuttri do. I would also call into question the maintenance of the pool, which could quite honestly have been cleaner.

I cannot believe you cannot find better for your money. I wouldn't return and I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We arrived at Rambuttril Village at 1:30am, after a long 25 hours of traveling from Canada. My husband & I had been to Thailand previously, but it was our friends first time visiting and we were all excited to spend our first night in "the land of smiles" at Rambuttri Village after reading the good reviews.

We quickly recognized that although we may be in "the land of smiles", the customer service at this establishment certainly did not follow suit. The lady who checked us in was rude and entitled, never making eye contact or coming close to smiling. She told us that our booking was only for 1 person for room and that we had to pay an additional 250 baht per room; despite us showing her our booking confirmation which clearly stated that we had booked for 2 people per room. She actually walked away from us and proceeded to ignore us until we finally agreed to pay the 250 baht per room. We were stuck, having already paid for the room in full ($45) and given the time of night. In retrospect, we should have asked for a receipt for this additional fee, as she probably just pocketed the money.

The room was very basic, small, and quite run down. The bathroom was clean. We thought that for the price, this hotel was very poor value. We have stayed at much nicer hotels for significantly less.

The location of Rambuttri Village was excellent, just a block from Khao San Rd and even better, near restaurants & shops on Soi Rambuttri.

We checked out of the hotel early the next morning, paying a charge to have them store our backpacks for a couple of hours while we ate and the guys got fitted for suits.

Because of the horrific staff member, and expensive price in comparision to the state of the rooms, we absolutely would not return to this hotel, nor can we recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel after 10 hours of travelling we were looking forward to staying somewhere nice. While checking in we were given no kind of warm reception there were 2 women on reception and neither of them smiled at us once. My booking confirmation was demanded off of me and then I was made to pay the 1000 baht deposit on top of the overpriced room rate. We were then handed a key and not told where our room was not even a point in the right direction but we were told there was no lift and also were given no offer of help with our bags when we finally found the right staircase we had to carry our bags up 3 flights of stairs not knowing where the room was. Finally we made it in to the room and it was ok, average no better than places where we had paid a fraction of the price but it had a pool so we gave it the benefit of the doubt. Then we get to the best part upon trying to have a nice hot shower we realised there was no hot water coming out, the electric shower wasn't turning on. We happened to come across a cleaner in the room opposite when on our way to go down to reception so asked her to help and she called reception when unable to do anything about it. A man was then sent up obviously some sort of maintainance and he went in to the bathroom armed with a screw driver whilst the electricity was still on and he was running the shower we saw a flash on light and a scream and hed got an electric shock obviously! He got the walkie talkie out and fliddled again and once again was shocked at this point the cleaner told us to go to reception as we were going to get a new room. We dragged all of our luggage down the 3 flights of stairs to reception where we were greeted by the happy twins again rudely we were told 'wait here room not ready' and then 'I need paper' assuming this was the reciept I was given I went and sat at the sofas to find it in my bag where she called after me and loudly demanded again in which I replied I am getting it the look I was given was disgusting. I then had to sit in the lobby for 10 minutes surrounded by my luggage at half 10 at night! I was then told the room was ready so I asked could we please have some help with the luggage as we had already carried them up and down 3 flights of stairs and we were going to have to do that again as we were only being moved to the room opposite that we saw being cleaned (at least we knew it was clean I guess) I was looked at by the woman who I asked with disgust and evilness that I would dare ask for help from the hotel and the woman next to her gave me an even more foul look. I by then had had enough and after my girlfriend was reduced to tears by the attitude, rudeness and plain obvious hatred. I was given one man to help carry one of our backpacks who obviously did not want to help, whilst I had to still carry the other. The rudeness of the staff here is something I have not yet experienced in my whole 2 months in se asia I have received much better service at a place where I have paid a fraction of the price and I honestly would not want anyone else to go through the pain of having to deal with the sour faced women on reception. Finally I do have one good thing to say the cleaning staff who helped us in the first place with the shower were brilliant and also the man who was willing to nearly kill himself by electricuting himself we thank him for trying.

• Stayed March 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for this hotel - right next to Khao San road but my room was perfectly quiet! Hotel rooms are nothing special and the pool on the roof is nice enough, although I would be intrigued what results a water test would show as it had a bit of a river smell to it. However, that didn't stop me going in every day to escape the heat. Rooms are cleaned every day if you want. Some rooms only have access via stairs so disabled travellers may want to consider this.

My only complaint is that the staff ask you to leave a 1000baht deposit when checking in which, if you're like me and budget really well this can mess up your finances! The staff are like robots and at times very rude. I had a couple of arguments with them but, to be honest, the height of their rudeness is actually amusing. I wish I knew one woman's name as I would like to be responsible for her losing her job her customer service was so appalling.

This would not dissuade me from staying here again though as location and price were both perfect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location is excellent for Kohsan Road and surrounding Area. Cheap, really basic, exactly as expected really, there are far nicer places to stay, but you get what you pay for. Had a hostel feel to it, but the rooftop pool was a nice retreat. Noisy at night, and aircon was poor. Found staff ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Willaston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Loved the price and the location. REALLY close to Khao San Road and pretty much all the amenities you'd need - little market, convenience stores etc. The courtyard means it's set back a little from the main noisy street so you can opt out of city Bangkok for a bit if you want. Loved Rambuttri street way more than Koh San though. It had a better blend of street markets, massage places and restaurants.
Stayed in this place a couple of times now and would definitely go back there. It's great for the price. We stayed there on a tight budget as a treat after sleeping in huts on some of the island in the south and were so happy with it we extended our stay both times by two nights.
It's a bit annoying that the swimming pool isn't open in the evening, but that's really only a small gripe!
Essential plops you right in the heart of Bangkok life without too much noise and fuss.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the courtyard are quieter.