“Tranquility in the Bangkok rush!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Eugenia

You added The Eugenia to your Saves list
The Eugenia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   267 Soi Sukhumvit 31 | North Klongtan, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #179 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Delft, The Netherlands
“Tranquility in the Bangkok rush!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I spend 5 days here in februari of 2013. Hands down one of the most relaxt and ambiatic hotels I have ever visited. The Cononial interior is extraordinarily well sought together and feels like it has been there forever, even though the hotel is just short of a decade old.
The staff is really nice and very friendly. It is a magnificent environment to work in, so I can only imagine were their ethic comes from.
The in house spa is worth visiting. A most refreshing Thai massage after a long trip was soothing and very welcome!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugenia-HM, Manager at The Eugenia, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear tgeraedts,

Thank you for taking your time to write such an amazing review of our hotel.
We indeed want to transport anyone back in time to the era of the olden generation and colonial times the moment the person walks through our door. I am happy to know our decor and theme is successful.

I have encouraged my team and the Spa team with your kind words to keep up their good work in assisting our valued guest as much as we can.

Thank you once again and please do not hesitate to contact me at am@theeugenia.com should you come to Bangkok again.

Till then, take care and send our well wishes to the entire crew.

Best regards,

Michiel
Assistant Manager
The Eugenia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
SINGAPORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Since i have been to So Thai Spa before somewhere last year and i never forgotten the best Spa treatment i had but recently i was invited to try their new outlet at The Eugenia Bangkok, a lovely colonial looking architecture style gave the feeling walking into a really special place and that feeling stayed with me through out my time there. I'm actually an antique lover myself so by coming here reminds me so much about the colonial architecture's I've seen in some part of South East Asia especially In Singapore and Malaysia. The staff at this Eugenia gave me a VIP welcome and my massage was just perfect,not too strong and not too soft,just nice. I couldn't be more thankful to the wonderful staff and i wished all the best to their new Spa in this little lovely Eugenia. I really much admired all the antique decors they hang all over the place and whoever the owner is,i must say you had a good taste indeed

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Eugenia definitely had a special charm about it that we didn't find any any of the other hotels that we stayed in,
The bath tub, rickety four poster bed and squeaky floor boards all added to it. The staff were very helpful and added to the ease of our stay.

The one downside was that it was a little bit tricky to find, we did get lost a couple of times!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is just a beauty, a jewlery and that's very rare to find a so original place in a big city like Banglok.
Quiet, luxury and volupty will summerize very well this place.
Every detail is a big pleasure for your senses!!
Most of the time, i'm not used to be in that kind of places and i must admit it was a very, very beautiful present for my birthday! The team is great and very helpful.
Bar, restaurant, swimming pool, entrance, stairs, doors and windows, decoration of the room, everything is organized with a lot of taste!
i love it!

Room Tip: i have loved the room 304 but it is the only one i know!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at The Eugenia, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear frederic1280,

The Eugenia thanks you for your lovely feedback on our colonial home.

We are very grateful for your mentioned on your room, decorations, service and product.
The team indeed had a great time celebrating your birthday with our special dessert and sparkling wine ready for you. I am glad that we can be a part of your memories in this beautiful city of Thailand.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and perhaps we will have the privilege of celebrating another birthday with you! Till then, all the best and Happy Birthday again!

JohnHans
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Highlight of the whole hotel for me was the antique bath, which was really beautiful. Lots of other nice furniture and decor in the room and around the hotel, I think the designer who chose all the pieces did a great job of choosing all the pieces and putting them together to create an authentic colonial setting - stepping into the hotel was like stepping back in time, in a good way of course.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at The Eugenia, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Angel E,

We are happy to know that our decorations and theme of the hotel has left you satisfied and impressed.

Thank you for pointing out positively on our hotel's colonial setting. The antique bath is certainly a favourite and a pride of our hotel. Just for your information, we have 6 antique bathtubs in aluminium and 6 in copper. They are individually hand hammered and takes 8 months per piece to make.

We thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
All the best!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Recently attended an event here, which was my second chance to look inside (after meeting a friend who was staying here in the summer). This time I got to know more about the hotel and it is really is a great story and such an interesting place. It is a unique (one of a kind) hotel with lovely staff. I still haven't seen the guest rooms but I am sure they are good, as the public areas are all decorated wonderfully with interesting antique artefacts from around the world.

• Stayed November 2012
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at The Eugenia, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear BritBangkok,

Indeed we have been having many weddings, birthday parties and corporate events at the Eugenia. We are happy to know that we have successfully managed to impress and satisfy both the organizers and the individual guests.

Thank you for your kind words towards our hotel, decorations, fixtures and service. My team is encouraged by your positive remarks and it will only drive us to perform better each day.

Should you ever need anything in the near future for events, to dine or to stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at hm@theeugenia.com . We look forward to having you over at our home in the near future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Although only for 1 night, my experience at Eugenia was very good. As a fan of the Asian-colonial fusion style, the hotel's design really impressed me. The best way to describe is that it was like a grand mansion from the colonial era. The theme was supported by the staff's smart uniform, as well as the professional service. In addition to being professional, the staff made me feel welcome with their friendly smiles. I also loved the beautiful shaded area around the pool, as well as the fantastic dinner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at The Eugenia, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy to know that we managed to capture your heart with our colonial home despite it being 1 night only. We are most appreciative of your kind words towards our hotel, fixtures & fittings, food & beverage and service.

The team is encouraged with this review and we will continue to up our standards of excellence at The Eugenia.

We hope in the near future you will be able to stay with us longer than 1 night and we look forward to welcoming you back. Till then, all the best and take care.

The Eugenia

Been to The Eugenia? Share your experiences!