I have hesitated before rating it 4 and not 5, but since it is not on the cheaper side It should be near perfect to get a 5.
Quiet, about 400m walk from Terminal 21 (which is a very enjoyable mall) and Asoke BTS station. The street itself is ok, but you might see a rat here and there in the night as there is food stall along the street which may leave left-over. (seeing rat is bangkok is quite common, it is not specific to that street!).
100m away from the hotel there is the amazing Health land massage center which is cheap and clean and have very professional masseur, you may get a 1 horu therapeutic massage from 300baht...up to 1000 for a 2 hours mixed massage.
There is always taxi around the hotel, if not a 1 min wait should make it.
The common area:
Fairly new hotel, standard but nice lobby, corridors, small underground parking, fast elevators.
I would have never plunge in the swimming pool if it was not an Accor properties. I trust accor and its GM to do all the relevant test and treatment to their pool, but I have to say the water in the pool is not clear at all...even with glasses, you can't see more than 1m away.
The gym is acceptable, even if a second bench and fixing the second treadmill would have been appreciated (was broken for the all week).
Great large 1 bedroom rooms, bathroom is large and nice, sofa, kitchen and bedroom are very usable. Enough wardrobe for 2.
Don't get me wrong, overall the room are GREAT! but there is some flaws which can't be ignored:
-The quality of the TV is so poor! The image is crap, the selection of channel average, the tv screen are still cathodic screen...Dear GM it is time to act!
-There is nowhere to hang clothes apart from a one meter wire above the bathroom! Why not providing a proper facility on the balcony?!? Or change the washing machine for a washer dryer, but the current solution is not working.
-No free internet, and expensive per hour...but if you take a week it will cost you 1000baht...(30 euros), not so bad. But I am still amazed we need to pay internet in 2012.
Very courteous front office, fast, good and "invisible" housekeeping, you feel like your room got cleaned by ghost! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in Bangkok's trendy Sukhumvit Area, 3 minutes walking distance to Asoke BTS skytrain and Sukhumvit MRT subway stations, GRAND MERCURE Asoke by AccorHotels, is located in the city centre. It offers an easy and quick access around Bangkok in a calm street, with bright Suites, apartment like, from 71sqm. Discover Terminal21, a famous shopping centre around the corner, then relax and enjoy the view at our rooftop swimming pool or dive into the great nightlife only steps away. GRAND MERCURE Asoke is pet friendly and our WI-FI access is complimentary. We have 40" smartTVs with Japanese, Chinese, French channels. Ideal for a family or couple stay. Each Suite has a full kitchen, a private balcony and luxury standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Bangkok Asoke Residence
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel