“Great hotel (if you don't mind small rooms).” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LUXX

You added LUXX to your Saves list
LUXX
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   6/11 Decho road | Bangruk, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Ranked #327 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great hotel (if you don't mind small rooms).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

We have stayed at the Luxx on Silom Road twice now, and keep going back for the clean, small rooms, low (relatively) price, and excellent location.

To be clear, the rooms are small. The Compact S room is quite tiny, by since my wife and I don't go to Bangkok to sit in our room, it is plenty for us. However, if you need lots of room to move around, this is likely not a good choice for you. If all you need is a place to sleep and drop off your shopping bags, it's perfect.

Some people have complained about the wooden tubs; we have not had a problem with any smells or mold. The bathroom was tidy and well laid-out, but again, small. As in one person in it at a time small.

Breakfast is consistently excellent. Each night of your stay, you can fill out the breakfast form, and have the option of eating either in their lounge area or having it delivered (for free) to your room.

Probably the best thing about the hotel is its location. A ten minute walk gets you to Patpong, around five or so to the Chong Nonsi BTS station.

We found the hotel to be generally quiet at night. If you find yourself with a night off, the hotel has movies and books you can borrow.

One tip: print off the map that the hotel has on its site and give it to your cab driver. They may have a hard time finding the place otherwise.

Overall, we have enjoyed our stays at the Luxx, and will certainly return again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

Absolutely lovely. Good location in Silom although we didn't spend much time in the area. A taxi to Siam Paragon is around 50-70 baht but you'd be pressed for luck getting taxis to take you there since its around 2km away. In Bangkok weather, believe me it was indeed necessary. Exceptionally clean and staff are super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is awesome and can be eaten in your room should you choose tht option. Quiet area as well, occasional motorcycles whizzing by but then again, its expected in the city. We stayed in the studio which is on the top floor. This hotel has no lifts (only 5 floors tho) so if you have difficulty going up stairs or are jst plain lazy, try and request a room on the lower floors. Bear in mind this hotel isn't brand new so their finishings and fixtures are a little worn out but nonetheless, its an absolute gem for the price you're paying. Good comfortable beds and free wifi is available. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We were there for over a week and found the hotel to be small and personal. The staff was friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed breakfast being brought to us daily. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The location was convenient to everything.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed at LUXX during last month reading from the reviews under this website and found it will be interesting to try this property. I am familiar with Bangkok and normally travel here once every month and normally stay in the small properties in Sukumvit area.

I booked through the hotel own website as I found the price was attractive at less than 2,000 for the smaller room and I found that its price was the same as I checked from a few well-known hotels booking websites.

It was such a small property! I would say it is more of a bed and breakfast than a boutique hotel, but hey everybody going boutique these days (only a few deserved) and admittedly, despite the small size of the property, I found its minimal Scandinavian style suit my taste. The smaller room that I booked for is just enough to have some space to move, though their bed is king size and the bathroom is sufficient and the decoration is really stylish for the property at this size.

I have to order breakfast the evening before. Nothing much to say about the standard egg and bread, but the good thing was their illy coffee was freshly brewed so that I do not have to run out for the Starbucks to really wake me up.

This is no perfect standard hotel. But I found this small property has offered some of the quality details that I prefer in many ways. This small property has some character and I would definitely like to be back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

I am a regular at this small unique property. Luxx is located near Silom road, the Sofitel is just about the opposite of it. Luxx is no 5 stars property, it is actually more like a bed and breakfast, and I did not mean that it is bad.

Decoration and style wise, this is one of my favorite in Bangkok. The minimal Scandinavian style is appreciated especially when it comes with this size of the property.

Coming home to luxx is like coming to stay at my own place. It is so small that I feel I actually own the place for my own self.

The room is decent in size, though I usually opt for the studio/or up. Their bed is comfortable and quite harder than usual which is good for my sensitive back. The room is clean and the breakfast serve in bed is a nice touch and is hard to find free with other properties. '

The value is very good now. The price for low-season/low economy now is almost half the price I paid at the beginning of the year. I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We stayed at the Luxx Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for two days. Overall we were happy with our stay. The location was great, the price fair and the rooms clean.

Rooms: They are done with a modern flair, but are starting to show some age. Mostly finishing touches like knicks in the furniture, cracks along the crown molding. They have a neat bath/tub situation, but need to paint the shower walls in an oil base paint to deflect the shower water. The rooms was clean and comfortable with modern convenience such as a safe, minbar, AC, DVD player, TV and desk.

Amenities: Free wireless everywhere in hotel. A cooked to order breakfast each morning delivered on time to your room. A nice book exchange and collection of travel books to borrow while at hotel are located in the lobby.

Staff: Was attentive, helpful and friendly. One staff member even let us borrow his personal Iphone charger when we needed to charge our IPODS.

Location: Located on Decho road it is just off Silom in downtown. We often walked the 10-15 minutes to Patpong Market, night market or the river ferry at Oriental Place. It felt like a safe and well travelled neighborhood with a variety of small hotels and shops along it.

Price: We traveled in June (rainy season) in 2009 (world economic downturn, swine flu and political unrest in Thailand (neither of which were any issue for us, but has hurt tourism)). We paid a rate of 2800 baht per night including breakfast and taxes

Overall: We had a nice stay but would continue to try new hotels if we went back to Bangkok. Hopefully the owners will focus upkeep of a nice product (they were painting the lobby as we were there so I expect they will). If the price is right I think you will be happy with the Luxx.

About us: We are in our 40’s and live in California. We have travelled a great deal through our lives and continue to make a big trip or two a year. When looking for hotels location, independent reviews (that is why we post reviews on Tripadvisor – please do the same after you travel), price/value play a huge part for us. We have little loyalty to chains for personal travel (although I travel domestically in the US for work a few times a month and I am very loyal to Hilton).

We focus on independent travel, supplemented with a well placed personal guide for overview. I have a Business degree with a Hotel specialization. I spent 15 years in the Hotel Industry in San Francisco/California in a variety of positions working from Desk Clerk to VP of Operations for a hotel management company. We understand service and we do not have unrealistic expectations of perfection as long as people try, are honest and care.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

One of the smallest, nicest and best-looking hotels we visited. Room (basic) was not spacious, but just OK and the bathroom with wooden bath was very stylish. There is no view form the windows, but remember - this is a city hotel. The location is great (easy to get from the airport and in the central part of Bangkok, close to one of many local markets).
The service was great and staff was very helpful. The taxi ordered through by them was much cheaper than the one we took at the airport.

We do recommend the Luxx – nice, clean, stylish and friendly city hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to LUXX? Share your experiences!