During my business trip to Australia I had a short stop of 2 nights in Thailand which I repeatedly spent at Livingstone's Lodge in Bangkok.
Compared to my last stay, which I spent with my girlfriend and for holiday, I was able to recognized many different positive improvements around the hotel.
After checking in, the first thing I noticed was the blue shining swimming-pool. Looked like a complete renovation of the pool which turned the color of the pool from green back to a shiny blue.
I did not book a room in advance because I felt it was not necessary but when I walked in, I realized that I have been very lucky that there was still a room available. Looked like the hotel is more busy than before so I would recommend to book early.
I again had a Superior Room which I was very surprised about when I walked in. The room was equipped with a new LED flat screen, a DVD player which includes a docking station for ipod/iPhone. Same as last time the room/bathroom was very clean and it smelled freshly.
Since I really enjoyed the food at my last stay, I had dinner at the Hotel Thai restaurant. Even here I again was able to realized improvements compared to my last stay. The service was even more attentive and the food was very, very good.
The management realized me and welcomed be back, which I was very surprised about. Again the management was very helpful with giving some advice for site seeing and night life activities in Bangkok, too bad I only had two short nights.
All in all I am happy that I chose Livingstone's Lodge again because I think that the management did some major work and improvements around the hotel.
I again can really recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean at Livingstone's: THE only Urban Boutique resort in Bangkok. An Oasis in the Heart of the city. Built into an old Thai residence this boutique hotel offers space and ambiance, a large area in the middle of Bangkok, with an outdoor swimming pool and high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the complex. Livingstone's Lodge is Western-managed. It is a 5-minute walk to Prompong BTS Skytrain Station and Emporium Department Store. Offering air-conditioned rooms, the hotel is equipped with an outdoor pool, a tour desk and a 24-hour front desk. The property is a 10-minute drive to Terminal 21 Department Store and Asoke MRT Subway Station. Suvarnabhumi Airport is a 40-minute drive away. Rooms at Livingstone's Lodge are fitted with parquet floor. Each room comes with a TV, a minibar and a safety deposit box. Free toiletries are included in an en suite bathroom. The Livingstone's Restaurant offers a great selection of traditional Thai and international dishes. Guests can enjoy beverages at the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and EasyToBook so you can book your Ocean Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Livingstone`s Hotel Bangkok
- Livingstones Hotel Bangkok