“Excellent little find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drop Inn Bangkok

You added Drop Inn Bangkok to your Saves list
Drop Inn Bangkok
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   392/28-31 Sukhumvit Soi 20, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #140 of 467 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abu Dhabi
“Excellent little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

If all you are after is a clean room in the right location with free wifi and is fairly cheap then this is it. A super little place where we spent a wonderful 3 nights. I think the sign of a good place is whether you would use it again and I certainly would.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DropInnBangkok, Owner at Drop Inn Bangkok, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Simon K.

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review and I am sorry if my response arrives quite late. We really appreciate your kind comments and your feed backs about Drop Inn Bangkok, it will definitely motivate us to improve more. Please feel free to send message to us anytime if you have any more complaints or comments. Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Laura Salamone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very hard to communicate with the staff who only spoke a litle bit of english. Instead of accepting this the staff misguided us on several occasions. The breakfast was terrible. Located at small street with several ladies bars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Daniel S,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review. We are sincerely sorry that you did not have a great time at our hotel and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and difficulties you had encountered especially with communication. We will surely take your complaints and study them to improve our hotel.

Best regards,

Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Located about 50m down a quiet street just pass soi 18. A 5-7 minute walk to both the metro and skytrain as well as the Terminal 21 shopping mall (which has a great food court). This area is a great improvement over the Kao San Street "backpacker/white tourist" ghetto. Lovely lobby with computer available (free) and of course WIFI in room. Super nice staff with good English skills. Great rooms with huge windows for morning sun. Very pleasant breakfast. This ones a keeper! When back in Bangkok will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with morning sun...wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review, we really appreciate your kind comments for us and they will surely motivate us to do even better in the future. Please feel free to leave us any comment or complaints anytime.

Kind regards,

Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

this is not a flash, new hotel. it's worn on the edges, but it's clean, quiet, and the juliet balcony lets in a lot of light. the dining area is nice, the breakfast was nothing special but sufficient (they had bacon!) as hotel breakfasts tend to be.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The room was ok, small problem with the drains. Restaurant staff very polite especially at breakfast. Also lift seemed to be broken and one of the reception staff was a touch too familiar.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was travellinhg from Beijing to BKK and couldn't find anything better online. I was looking for somewhere decent but definitely not expensive. It's not that the budget is tight. I really don't like paying 1st world prices for 3rd world accommodation

I know it's not The Drop Inn's problem but it's really not well known. I landed at Suvarnabhumi after 7pm and got the Skytrain into the city and got the taxi from Makassan. The driver passed it on the left and drove on down the road, turned 360 at the end and back up. Stopped to ask a security (actually my little honey did the asking) guard who said "no drop in here". I had to insist on him driving on up the road and spotted the sign on the left. It's directly opposite the sports bar down a lane.

I was expecting the wall of chill when I entered the lobby but they don't have the AC on in the lobby area. They hadn't got the booking details from Agoda when I got there so check in was somewhat delayed. The staff were very good, I know I can be a difficult customer and I feel they handled me well. They had room so there really wasn't a problem and we got up to our room on the front of the building. The room was clean and comfortable. the double bed was in fact 2 singles put together so when I cuddled in behind her I was lying on the divide and somewhat uncomfortable.

Breakfast was "included" but I went down on my own (for the second time in 12 hours) to the dining area off the lobby. Again no AC but the brekkie was ok. The bacon was all streaky, the eggs were all sunny side up and raw on the top side (no problem flipping them on the pan) and the sausages looked raw and pasty but tasted pretty good. All you can eat cereal and toast and coffee and whatever fry up you want.

The location is quiet and still convenient. I found the sports bar at the top of the lane and was able to watch Green Bay play San Diego in a real thriller (Nov 2011) and the action in BKK is a couple of Skytrain stops to the east at Nana.

I had booked it because I couldn't find anything betterbut I was staying in Thailand for 3 weeks. I asked them for a price for another week and the said to get back onto Agoda. No authority to negotiate there and then. Their loss. I'm in the Grand Inn BKK now. See my report after the weekend.

So the place is OK but not really great value, but then their job is to get as much as they can out of us and our job is the get the best value we can.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Good price for the location near BTS. It's simply, clean and very comfortable. We got softly service from lovely staffs as we're at home. The breakfast's delicious and fresh.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Drop Inn Bangkok? Share your experiences!