“Convenient and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Centre Point Hotel Chidlom

You added Centre Point Hotel Chidlom to your Saves list
Centre Point Hotel Chidlom
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Soi 1, Langsuan Rd. | Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Formerly Centre Point Langsuan)   |
Ranked #117 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
4.0 of 5 stars 414 Reviews
Miami Beach, Florida
“Convenient and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Excellent value hotel. Thanks to the Expedia VIP program, I was upgraded to a room with a washer/dryer, which was extremely convenient. The room was clean and spacious and also included a full kitchen. The location was very nice and close to the Chit Lom BTS as well as several restaurants, coffee shops, shopping centers, etc. The breakfast was incredible -- better than some of the 5-star hotels I stayed at. The service went above and beyond -- they organized my messy pile of clothes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Christina M,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

We are delighted to hear you have appreciated our room with kitchenette, our unique location and its surroundings. We are also very very happy that you impress our personalized service including your kind words in regards our breakfast.

We try the best to bring five star services here and participate in vary worldwide loyalty program to ensure our guests will receive the most appropriate benefits whenever they choose to stay with us.

Lastly, we are looking forward to welcoming you here in the near future.

Always a good time!

Centre Point Hotel Chidlom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is located in Chidlom, which is very close to the major shopping district..Central World, Siam Paragon, Siam Square, MBK are about 15 mins walk away. The hotel also has a free shuttle to the BTS station and they also pick you up form the BTS. The hotel service is very good and staff are very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended place to stay for business or leisure !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rbsing,

We are so happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us from our unique location, Tuk Tuk service and service of our staffs.

We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Always a good time!

Dallas, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Located less than a 10 minute walk from 2 BTS stations; 12 minute walk from Central Department Store; 2 to 5 minute walk to several good restaurants; and 15 to 20 minutes to some of the finest shopping in Bangkok.
The staff could not be any friendlier and helpful. Even minor problems were dealt with immediately. The breakfast buffet is full of various hot foods, both western and Asian as well as lots of fruits and juice. The dining room is also open for lunch and dinner and we found the selection a bit limited, but tasty.
We have traveled to Bangkok many times for at least a month at a time, and we have found the serviced apartments like Centre Point to be the best value for the cost, especially if you take advantage of a promotional offer.

Room Tip: After 4 stays at Centre Point Chidlom we found room 2207 to be our favorite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Notagoodytwoshoes,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom recently.

We are delighted to hear you have appreciated our unique location, our breakfast, taste of food as well as service from our staffs. For the selection of lunch and dinner, I definitely will look into it. Thank you so much for your comment which is always beyond valuable for us to improve.

Lastly, we are looking forward to welcoming you here in the near future.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel is just wow....especially when you look at the price. The rooms are very spacious & clean. The breakfast is excellent and the property is very centrally located. The front desk is very helpful.

They have a free pick-up & drop service to the Chidlom metro station which makes it fairly convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Manik_1981,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

We are wow to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that you like our tuk tuk shuttle service to the metro station.

We hope to welcoming you back here again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in late November, 2013. My primary reason for staying here was the balcony and the fact that you could open the windows for fresh air.

The hotel really accommodated me by giving me a one bedroom Suite #2207 which has a huge balcony on the front of the building. Others have a tiny balcony but all units, I believe, you can fully open the windows. When the weather was dry I could turn off the air conditioner and really enjoy the night air. And surprisingly I had no mosquitos.

This was a big deal for me as I had stayed previously across the street at the Marriott Residence which you could not really open the windows and no balconies. I felt like I was staying in a cave.

But to be sure Centre Point is not a luxury hotel like the Marriott Residence or the Cape House a few doors north. The service is on par with these other properties however. Every request or inquiry was responded to immediately. From someone to show me how to run the washer to how to turn on the electric stove.

There are two major issues that you should be aware. First, their wifi will drive you crazy by constantly asking you to sign in and give your username and password. Even when I went to a number of sites I had to sign-in again. You turn off your device you have to sign-in again. You leave the hotel and return its sign-in time again. You can imagine my frustration with 3 devices. The hotel explains that this for security. But I have stayed at 3 other hotels on this street without this frustration.

Secondly, this hotel has rates that are twice those of the other hotels on the street. They have tremendous promotions that get you down to the rate everyone else is charging,about 3,200 baht ($105 US) for a 1 bedroom unit. But to get this rate the hotel billed me for the entire stay of 10 days when I made the reservation about 2 months before I was to arrive. I thought they were just using the credit card as a guarantee. "Surprise"

I found previous positive reviews of this hotel to be accurate so I will not repeat them. Just to say that if the above two issues are not deal breakers for you, you will be well pleased with this hotel. I certainly enjoyed my stay and plan to stay here again in about 2 months.

Room Tip: My room on the front of the hotel was excellent. But I enjoyed the street noise that some may not.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear agia,

Firstly, I have to say thank you very much for taking your time to provide feedback which is beyond valuable for us to improve our service.

I truly apologize in regards the inconveniences about the wifi access and the prepayment which I definitely will look into it.

However, I'm really delighted that you like our balcony, the fresh air in this area even we are in a very central location of the city, as well as our staff responsiveness.

Lastly, we are happy to learn that you will come back staying with us again. Kindly let me know personally, when your itinerary is finalized. I definitely will ensure that your next stay with us will be the most enjoyable and comfortable one.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had a great time, as the property is so central. Everything was easy reachable. The rom set up is very user friendly.
Very friendly and helpful Staff. The Restaurants and shops are in walking distance. The public Transport is just 2 min away. A gem in this busy city!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear NovoArt,

We are so happy to learn that you had a great time while staying with us from our staff friendliness to location of the hotel and its surroundings.

We all hope to welcoming you back staying with us again.

Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The CP Chidlom is an excellent place to stay. Simple as that. I stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed every moment of it. I arrived late in the evening from Singapore over the weekend and it was great from the check-in to me leaving! Checking in was quick and efficient and my luggage had disappeared. The chap at reception escorted me to my room (my luggage was already there) and showed me the facilities of the room. I had booked a studio room, so in the kitchen there was a fridge, microwave, cooker and also enough utensils and cookware to cook for myself, which I did on a number of occasions. The studio itself was not massive by any means, but it was spotless, very welcoming and cosy and you didn’t feel as if there wasn’t enough space, if that makes sense. And the internet was complimentary and very quick.

The location is really good in that it’s not far from the Chidlom BTS, but you can get a lift in the golf cart which runs a service to and from there throughout the day. Around the location there are also lots of restaurants, convenience stores and massage parlours (clean) and a little further in one of the department stores, there is a large supermarket in the downstairs area if you are also staying in a studio and want to cook for yourself. Suggest you get a taxi or tuk-tuk back to the CP though as you might be a little thirsty and in need of a shower by the time you get back to your room!

I don’t think I can actually add any more to this review apart from to say that this is where I would come back to stay for business or if I was on holiday. The prices are very reasonable and tie that in with the service and location and you can’t go far wrong. I have heard that the prices have increased due to its popularity. I hope this isn’t the case because as prices go up, so does the expectation of the guest. The reviews on here are good and the stats on the traveller rating says it all. If the price becomes prohibitive then the reviews definitely won’t be as glowing custom might be affected. Just a thought.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crouching_Hippo,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent visit with us at Centre Point Hotel Chdilom.

We are very happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay from arrival to departure and that you like our unique room with kitchenette. Hope that you can now cook some Thai food.

We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Centre Point Hotel Chidlom

Been to Centre Point Hotel Chidlom? Share your experiences!