This place was formally called Pantip Court Residence and is now called Pantip Suites.
We are staying here because we are traveling with an american tour company (OAT), that pretty much uses this hotel exclusively when traveling in Thailand and through southeast asia with stop overs in Bangkok. On our own, we definitely would not choose this hotel.
When we first got here we were set up in a room (804) on the 8th floor. Yes, the room is very spacious. It's like a one bedroom apartment with a large living/dining room area and a small kitchenette area. This room and another room I saw on the same floor, and likely all the rooms on this and many other floors were old, dated,tired looking and run down. The carpeting everywhere in the unit was old, dirty and stained everywhere. The walls were dirty and stained as well. The kitchenette, living/dining room and bedroom areas were all in desperate need of updating. The bed(s) itself, was the only thing that was tolerable. The worst part of the unit was the bathroom. There was mold and mildew everywhere, in particular the shower and tub areas. I suppose it's a difficult area to maintain due to the high humidity, but still, disgusting.
We quickly requested a room change and pretty much knew before hand that it would likely happen from reading the tripadvisor reviews. The room change to the more renovated rooms on the lower levels were available the next day. There was an upgrade fee of 1,000 baht per day at the time of this writing. The public living areas in these rooms were updated with dark wood like floors and newer more modern furniture and decorations with an updated kitchenette and 2 flat screen TV's. The bedroom still had old tired dirty carpeting but not as bad as the ones in the upper floor rooms. The horrible thing is, no matter where we were, renovated or not, the bathroom and shower floors were still black with mold and mildew. They let us choose between 2 rooms that were available and both bath and showers were the same with the mold. The upgrade was still worthwhile.
Sadly, the room was given to us reported as cleaned but when we walked in, the carpeting was not vacuumed and the bathroom floor was not cleaned because we found toilet paper scraps on the floor and hair and shoe prints all over the floor as well. The housekeeping staff is not up to par here but the front desk and dining/breakfast room staff are efficient and attentive.
How Tripadvisor gave this facility a 4 star review in 2012 is beyond me. OAT needs to revamp this hotel or their
choice of hotels here in Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bangkok's prime business district of Sathorn Road, Pantip Suites Executive Residence combines the convenience of home with the luxury of a five-star hotel - all within a short distance from the Bangkok's premier office buildings, embassies, entertainment, and shopping zones. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, Pantip Suites is also close to Lumpini Park, the largest park in the central business district of Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Pantip Court Serviced Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Bangkok