Pantip Suites (formerly Pantip Court) is a serviced apartment, witch means you get the comfort of a large private apartment, with all the service in a hotel. All suites and probably the largest rooms in Thailand. All have large balconies (unfurnished) with great views of Bangkok city (check out the sunrise), beds are medium/hard (soft/medium/hard) and the rates are almost a give-away. Strong and quiet air condition, adjustable in all rooms. The kitchen don`t have an oven, but two stove tops, micro and simple basic pots, pans and cutlery. As no renax is supplied, they do your dishes every day. Breakfast buffet is included, basic+, but in/outdoor option. Doorman is legendary in this hotel (he got new trousers now) and arriving/departure is always a treat. L-shaped cold pool outside, but few sun loungers. Seldom any crowd. Located in Sathorn, easy access to shopping, nightlife, sights and dining. Nearby you have dining options, 7/11 and 24/7 restaurant (Malaysia Hotel) and Babylon. In walking distance you have LifeSenter with Starbucks, hairdressers (good/cheap, his/hers), dining, bookshop, pharmacy, dining and the MRT, underground train. Pantip also give free transport to Lumphini Park, Skytrain station.
* Smoke Friendly *
* Gay Friendly *
The thing about Pantip is that you can get a two bedroom suite (162m2), with two and a half baths, kitchen, storage, plush sofa seating, dining table, 3 TVs and a very large balcony with fabulous view. Often as low as 3500B in the upper executive floors. The best bargain in town! So what is the downside?
Don`t expect someone to help you with everything, but always welcoming and friendly staff. Forget e-mail requests or problem solving. It do not happen. Room-service (overall not that great food, but the Paneng is one of the best in Asia and soups are great) close at 24:00 They never seems to update this at their website, even after the new layout, and the cleaning should be much better, at least between bookings. They don`t change the linens as often as stated either. You have to ask (and watch). The rooms are worn down, old furniture (very comfortable, though) and there might be missing a light here and there. Don`t expect faults to be fixed quickly and make sure you have some extra time with the returning of laundry. The art-of-class cake-shop and chocolatiere on the first floor, is sadly closed.
I must admit that I love this place. I have stayed at The Peninsula, Oriental and Lebua, but always return home to Pantip Suites. Some of the faults might irritate me, but the size of the suites, the friendly, but all so unwillingly, staff and the view from the large balcony is something you seldom find in Bangkok at this rates. Clean enough, very comfortable and the service is only on a need to know basis. The walls are thick and almost soundproof (almost). I have stayed here over 10 times (NO bedbugs) and will for sure return again. It`s more like a home and I just want to stay there for a long time. Free Internet and one TV-channel also surveillance the reception area. Cool :-)
ThePenthouseSuite (Three bedrooms) is only by request and cost 20 000B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bangkok's prime business district of Sathorn Road, Pantip Suites Executive Residence combines the convenience of home with the luxury of a five-star hotel - all within a short distance from the Bangkok's premier office buildings, embassies, entertainment, and shopping zones. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, Pantip Suites is also close to Lumpini Park, the largest park in the central business district of Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pantip Suites Sathorn by Aspira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Bangkok