One of our group booked the Old Bangkok Inn because it sounded more authentically Thai than the polished (and quite nice) Chatrium Hotel where we stayed previously, and in a good location. Here's the good and bad:
1. The staff is very nice. Really want guests to enjoy their stay.
2. Complmentry computers/wifi in room, the computer availability being unusual and appreciated.
1. The rooms are small.
2. The location is not all that good, tho that depends what one is looking for. We liked the fact it was a half-block from the big political contretemps, which were more Woodstock than Protest.
It is what it is: a fairly cozy, musty, non-elegant, non-gorgeous more B+B than hotel with no facilities except the computer. I didn't have breakfast so couldn't comment on that. If you want fancy, skip it. If you don't want fancy, consider it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recommended by Conde Nast, The New York Times and TIME magazine, we are an award-winning ten-room boutique inn set in the charm of Bangkok's yesteryears. Family owned and operated, we are located a stone's throw from Bangkok's major historical landmarks. We are a green and socially conscious establishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Old Bangkok Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Bangkok Hotel Bangkok