“Relaxing Spacious Room, Amazing View and Impressive Magical Services!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hilton Bangkok

You added Millennium Hilton Bangkok to your Saves list
Millennium Hilton Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Charoennakorn Road | Khlongtonsai, Khlongsan, Bangkok 10600, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #88 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Relaxing Spacious Room, Amazing View and Impressive Magical Services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were on a vacation; greeted by friendly staff who handled our check-in and guided us up to the executive lounge (coz we are livin in the executive floor); Served with refreshments and the lounge's view was breathtaking! Relaxing! (I wish they allow shorts and flip-flops at the lounge; though I understand it's to maintain the quality on the whole) We will guided to our rooms on high floors; Very spacious room; However Something happened at night; I was awaked by noises from pipes at 2 am in the morning; It was so loud and so frequent! So I inform the "Magic" service and they arrange engineers to fix it and offer us to a change of rooms and free upgrade! (They got me a foam pillow too) The new room was on the east wing; Amazing VIEW and the scent of their signature mint aroma was my favorite! The staff were very helpful and friendly! Breakfast was served on the lobby floor at FLOW. I recommend guest to sit outside on breezy days as the view is breathtaking! The variety of food is good.I love that they serve freshly squeezed fruit juice; I love the banana smoothie.
Also the boat to the BTS is quick and relaxing. The swimming pool was gorgeous; I could spend hours just being lazy; they even have a jacuzzi in the changing room!
Overall, I would say I would love to stay here again! Thank you so much to the staff that has served us; very professional and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Vicki L,

Your comments put big smiles on our team’s faces. I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the overall stay with us. With regards to your comment about the noises from pipes at 2 am, I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the night. In order to improve our services, I have shared your comment with our team to ensure comfortable stay for our guests.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Denis Richter
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The main impression from this hotel is really small standard rooms compared to other 5 star hotels in Bangkok and Asia not made better by some pretty bulky fittings and dark wood making a small room even smaller.

The standard and executive rooms are exactly the same as far as I could tell (I was upgraded as a Diamond Honors member) with only the benefits changing. I’d suggest if you want to pay more for a room, pay for a Deluxe Plus which gets the room size up to 40m2.

Despite the small rooms the hotel itself is good, but again I didn’t think it stood out from other 5 stars I’ve stayed in in Bangkok (and I say that as a very loyal Hilton diamond honors member).

The pool area has to be the outstanding feature of this hotel with a part covered, part open pool area complete with ‘mini beach’, hammocks, sun beds of every kind (soft, hard, sofa type, etc). Very European in design. The ‘beach’ as they call it also has very attentive pool boys who are always on hand if you need food, drink or fresh towels. Complete with stunning views.

This ‘inside outside’ feel is perfect for Bangkok where the constant changes in weather can make a day by the pool difficult. The gym is also good. From a leisure perspective I felt the only negative was the spa areas (jazuzzi, sauna and steam) in the mens (and I assume womens too) changing rooms. They seemed a bit ‘squeezed in’ and again not to the standard of other hotels in BKK.

I didn’t use the treatment spa, but other guests said treatments were good. I would have used them but they don’t have male and female therapists which seems strange in this day and age with different religions, customs, etc preferring a particular gender of therapists. Most other hotels in BKK offer both male and female therapists.

Location wise I normally stay in Silom/Sathorn which is well located. The Hilton is a bit isolated but does have a ferry shuttle to the shopping centre and trains.

Overall the hotel is nice but it pains me to say (as a loyal Hilton honors member) I think there are probably better hotels in Bangkok but if you can get a good rate here (as I did) it could be worth a try – particularly if you want stunning views, want to be on the river, and enjoy hotel pool areas.

Don’t write it off – but don’t book too quickly. Compare to others first.

Room Tip: Pick a room type with 40m2 or more, as the others are tiny
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Unlike the city hotels in Bangkok, the Hilton Bangkok by the river is quiet and somehow gives you a feeling that you are a distance away from the city. Although all the rooms have views of the river but do spend a bit more and get yourself upgraded to a club room on the upper floors. The views are fantastic!

The beds for the club rooms are positioned in such a way that all of them face the window overlooking the river. The writing desk is compartmentalised between the bed and the bathroom. Due to this design, the room is somehow much smaller. Jacuzzi bathtub for club rooms is a nice touch.

One thing that stands out in this hotel is the health and fitness floor - occupying more than one whole floor. You will find a nice sandy area (giving you a 'beach' feel), a few quiet couple open air jacuzzis, beach chairs overlooking the river that are partially submerged in water, gym with adequate machines and a separate exercise room and steam/sauna/jacuzzi at the male & female locker rooms.

Food at the executive lounge is mediocre at best. Breakfast lacks variety. During the evening cocktail, there is only a few hot and cold dishes. However, they have a good selection of drinks. Snacks are also served during the afternoon tea from 3pm.

Room Tip: Get a club room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We chose to stay at the Millenium Hilton Bangkok as having stayed in other hotels in Bangkok we felt most welcomed and at home at the Hilton. We booked to stay for 5 nights.

We arrived at the Hotel at around 9am after a very long flight followed by typical Bangkok traffic. We were welcomed by extremely friendly staff at the front desk who checked us in swiftly and did not even mention that check-in was not open for another 6hrs.

They also kindly informed us that that as we are Hilton Honours guests we were upgraded to a large corner suite on the executive floor.

We were nicely surprised by the size of our suite and the large wrap around windows that offered fantastic views of the Chaophraya river. There was separate living and sleeping area, and it's decorated in a modern but elegant Asian style. There was a Nespresso machine in the room and a good selection available in the mini bar.

The benefits of having a suite are well worth it, there's access to the executive lounge on the top floor of the buildings. The lounge is open throughout the day for drinks and snacks. Breakfast is served in the morning, tea is served in the afternoon and then there is cocktail hour in the evening.

There's nothing quite like eating your breakfast on the 30th floor looking out at the Bangkok skyline.

We were invited to informal drinks with the management team on terrace, where we enjoyed chatting about the hotel while cooling down by the river.

The service we experience throughout our stay was impeccable, every member of staff we encountered from maid to manager courteous and beyond friendly.

The only downside (if any) of the hotel is it's location, it is said it's on the 'wrong' side of the river. It is a little further from the action, but in Bangkok taxis are plenty and the free shuttle boat and skytrain are very handy.

I would highly recommending staying here, and we will not stay anywhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked this hotel through online booking and got really good deal but later on had to get an extra bed and it was rip off. The best part is the hotel location overlooking the Sri phryao River, and loved the complimentary boat service. " Lantern " serves wonderful coffee and bakery products. Buffet breakfast is lavishly laid variety and highly recommended though not on everyday basis. " Magic" is a great help and Hotel conceirge is fantastic. You feel very well taken care. We stayed there for six nights and would love to go back.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are waterfront facing but executive rooms are good value for many.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We decided to come back to the Hilton, having had so many great experiences in the past. To us, when travelling to Bangkok, there was no other option (hotel wise).
And our recent experience (for 5 nights) has completely changed this.
Yet again, we booked the Executive Suite with club access, which we have always done. Again, we travelled there with our 2 yo son.
This was our 4th visit in about 3 years and yet again, THEY NEVER REMEMBER US! When we arrived it was hello, can I show you around the hotel and where everything is? Ummm, no, we know the hotel very well!!! A simple 'thank you for staying with us again' would have made such a difference. Or even a little note in the room. Hotels should be grateful for repeat business.
The hotel is still beautiful and we love the location. Brekkie has a heap of choices, as always, and the room is huge (although the bathroom is on the small side, for such a big room). The pool area is also, still, very good.
The service, has decreased so much though, that next time we will choose to stay elsewhere.
Some of the staff are very good - majority, were not. At breakfast - the first few days in particular (over a weekend), were very hard to get served. We also called the 'Magic' phone line from our room to do things like order drinks, or get coffee pods for our coffee machine and it was always so hard! From them, it was, 'No, we cant do that', which considering 'Magic' sells that they can do 'anything,' is just not good enough. I remember one night, when I was ordering a cocktail over the magic line (to be delivered to our room) that I had to tell the staff member that yes, you do make the cocktail. And that I had it downstairs at Christmas time (when I was here last)!!!!
I am disappointed to post this review as overall, I am quite a positive person. Sometimes I see people whinge about the craziest things on trip advisor (at some of the great hotels I have stayed at) and I think that people are pedantic. But I am not being pedantic. Probably more disappointed, than anything else...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonBangkok, Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear ThreeBueys

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your residence during your recent visit in August and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Your feedback is an essential part of our efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations, particularly in reference to your 4th repeat visit and the service shortfalls of our Magic Team. We have taken note of your preferences to ensure meeting your expectation during your next stay. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant department heads and will be addressed immediately.

Rest assured that we will continue to work towards improving our services with hospitality in mind and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Denis Richter
Hotel Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. Took my girlfriend here for her 30th birthday and she said it was the best hotel she`d ever stayed in. Staff were very friendly and always helpful. The pool area was pretty good with the private jacuzzis being excellent. The rooftop bar was a really cool place to have a drink but prices were extortionate. Overall though, a great stay here...would definately come back if I could afford to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hilton Bangkok? Share your experiences!