“mediocre experience - WORST in Bangkok to date” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Urbana Langsuan

You added Urbana Langsuan to your Saves list
Urbana Langsuan
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   55 Langsuan Road | Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #113 of 564 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Mumbai
“mediocre experience - WORST in Bangkok to date”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I first checked in they upgraded me to a 1 bedroom suite but I have a feeling they have charged me for it. I havnt got the credit card statement yet to verify this. IF they have charged me then they get 0 stars and I am going to chase them for a refund.. When i extended my stay thru latestays as they wouldnt match the price, they insisted i have to move to a studio as that was my original booking. I have never experienced being down graded for extending my stay in the same hotel. This was a first for me, luckily the studio was on a higher floor with awesome views. But quite a disappointment overall.
Staff was ill trained and non english speaking mostly except one lady at reception. Had a few issues with the safe, it stopped working when i was supposed to go to dinner with friends, went down to see what can be done, since noone at reception wud answer the phone. A very rude and useless looking fellow at reception was chatting away on the phone, i waited and waited for him to finish, which he refused to do, so I asked him if he would be long and whether I should comeback so he snapped at me saying" ONE moment" which was many many minutes. Needless to say I had to cancel dinner and wait for my safe to be fixed since they dint have a safe at reception.what a lousy evening it turned out to be. House keeping was terrible, had to remind them for things for 2 says before they brought it over.
I dint have breakfast as it wasnt included but peeped into see the spread and it was mediocre.
Overall very poor and restaurant staff are completely non english speaking, when i asked for NO Ice in my drink , he brings me a around 3/4 glass full of ice and when i asked to remove it, he brings me another glass full of ice. DUMB!!!! I would never leave a tip for this kinda service and an included service charge of 10 % is really criminal if u cant provide decent service.
Poolside was nice but no service there and not very clean.
Overall very poor stay with no sense of customer service. Can easily find better places in Bangkok for similar rates.

Room Tip: higher floor has awesome views and less noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the 2-bedroom Executive apartment for 4 nights from 13 Dec 2012 and another 3 nights from 20 Dec 2012. The apartment itself is fairly spacious, with the basic amenities provided. Checking in took a while, as we specifically requested for a apartment with a washing machine/dryer. It was strange that the staff do not know which rooms come with these, and that not the equipment level for the same room types are similar.

From the 2 periods that we stayed, I must say that we had to call housekeeping quite a few times. During the first period, the apartment was cleaned, but toiletries (among others) were not replenished. Imagine coming back to a apartment that run out of toilet paper.

When we checked-in the second period, the floor was sticky (did not appeared to be cleaned), and again, no toiletries provided. There we're also leftover food in both the refrigerator and the cupboards. When we called, we were provided a small bar of hand soap and a pair of hotel slippers (remember this is a 2-bedroom apartment with 2 toilets and a small kitchenette that we are talking about). At this point, I really suspect that the hotel is on a serious austerity drive. During this period, the dryer did not work, despite the staff coming in and explaining how we are supposed to set the machine. When we pointed out that the clothes were not even warm, the staff concluded that this particular type of washing machine/dryer does not completely dries clothes. This is absolutely nonsense as the machine in the apartment we stayed a couple of days ago dried our clothes perfectly (to be honest, this is the first time we heard of a dryer does not dries clothes).

The spread for breakfast is not fantastic but still decent. However, the dining area is too small and many guests have to wait outside until a table is available. Also, food that ran out were at times not replenished, and bowls and cups were not insufficient.

The plus point of this hotel is the swimming pool with good views and the hotels's location. There are 2 convenience stores and a few eateries nearby, and also a short walk to the BTS station. Like most other hotels in Bangkok, there are also several taxis perpetually parked outside, but you will need to really really haggle for the price, as they can quoted rediculous prices for a ride. It may make more sense to get the staff to get a metered taxi or flag one from the road side. Stay here for the size of the apartment and the location, not if you are looking for service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just 3 months back, I was very happy with my stay at Urbana Langsuan that I decided to return to the hotel. I am not too sure if I would return again now. The experience on these 2 occasions were so different, and I meant both in service and room quality.

Similar to my first stay, I booked a 2-bedroom apartment during my recent stay. The check-in took quite awhile even though it was already during the off-peak hours. Later, I was unpleasantly surprised to enter a room that was significantly smaller than what we stayed during our first trip in September. As we were in a group of 3 and I had highly recommended the hotel because of the spaciousness, I went to the reception again to see if a change was possible. It would have been fine if the staff(A lady, Micky?) acknowledged the inconsistency in the rooms offered but that was not the case. She insisted that all the 2-bedrooms were the same and seemed to disbelieve that I was a return guest. It was until I started looking through my phone for photos of our previous stay that she suddenly remarked that it may have been because our first stay was a room from the other tower. In this aspect, I do not feel the idea of 2 different guest paying the same rates for the same room type and wound up getting a different room size. It was almost as if half the living area was shaved away

After some verbal confrontation, we decided that we might be able to consider upgrading to a 3-bedroom out of our own pockets. She quoted us an additional 60000THB for the upgrade to which i remarked that such a top-up was a rip off. She casually pointed out that booking directly with them will be much higher than the rates offered on 3rd party websites. There was no offer to match the rates, nor any attempt to service us better as returning guests. While we were in consideration, she conversed in Thai to her fellow colleagues saying that we were trying to be difficult. She never considered that one of us were fluent in the language.

We eventually gave up on the idea and went back to the allocated room. We noted that the furnishing were getting old, and there were occasional cockroaches scampering around the kitchen counter. To be fair, the other staffs seemed to be fairly ok if you don't expect a 5* service. I find the location great as well since there were many food stalls during lunch times along the road just outside and a 7/11 not too far away. Central Chidlom was just down the road as well.

I would recommend this hotel if you travel in a family and require a spacious living area. However, take this as a simple serviced apartment and don't expect much in service. If you are checking-in during the early afternoons, be prepared to face a long waiting time due to the inefficient reception staff. Personally, I may look at other serviced apartments(plenty in the same vicinity) for my next visit.

Room Tip: There are 2 towers, apparently the rooms from each can be different in room size. Ask for the one on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chandigarh, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have selected this hotel by reading some positive reviews on booking.com. This hotel gets 5 star rating on booking.com, I am unsure that how do they rate the hotels? I would say that location is really great, good lobby area, rooms are spacious, but not well maintained. The sofa was dirty and you cannot sit on it, Shower holder was broken, bathroom amenities are horrible, utensils in the rooms were not clean. They have done a great job by providing a mini-kitchen in the apartments with Microwave & big refrigerator. All the shopping places are easily approachable and just a 5 minutes walk away. Breakfast was not great, very few options, congested space to sit, but the staff was working hard to manage it. They have stopped many people outside as it was full and asked them to wait for 10-15 minutes. I could see the angry faces while coming out. Checkout was very slow and the worst they lost my USD 100 deposit and offered me to accept Thai Bahts at a lower conversion rate. I am going to stay here many times so I accepted, but asked them to pay the banks conversion rate of today. They did that generously. I have seen few peoples complaining about A/C not working and one or another issue. It can be a great property if managed properly. They need a little bit efforts to improve it, which they are not doing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious but just find out some great hotels around. In the less price, you can fi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

1. Reached BKK Airport, can't find hotel transport at Gate 5. Help from a Limo Staff who calls the hotel and was told hotel did not arrange for transport. But hotel had ask him to take care of us. Waited 25-30 minutes before we are on way to airport (1.5 Stars) Was previously informed during booking that someone will be there standing by when the flight land. Time from Aircraft landed to boarding the Limo - Between 1 hours 15min to 1 hours 30 minutes

2. Reached hotel. Hassle free check-in was given the option to pay cash or credit card. But previously had asked the hotel if i can pay by cash but the answer was "No" Self contradicting. Service is above average - good. Was told 2 bedroom suites full. Free upgrade from 90m2 to 137m2 2 Bedroom Premier Suite which is a Wow ... (4 Stars)

3. Reached the Suite. Door was a double door. The moment stepped into the room it was Wow ... the room was huge and newly renovated. Show room styled. 1 general restroom with no shower. 1 small room restroom with shower and 1 master room restroom with shower and bath tube. 2 balconies, full kitchen accessories with induction cooker, fridge, oven and basin. On working desk most connectors will work. Washing machine. Nice good sized LED/LCD TV. Great view on 26th floor. Individual room aircon control. Cool !! A great place to return to after a hot day. (4.5 Stars)

4. Now for the things i found not too great. Master bedroom shower "Hot" water not working and the plug to switch to tap not working. Small room tap to shower plug very very tight. Walked around the house and realized all our sole are all black (Floor not clean) and PREVIOUS customer's leftover cakes are still in one of the kitchen cabinets !! (2 Stars)

Now average is 3 Stars.
Lets see how it goes tomorrow. (Will post 2nd review tomorrow)
Will be going for:
1. Complimentary breakfast quality
2. 43rd Floor Swimming pool area
3. Morning staff services
4. Transport from hotel
5. Might head for the 42nd floor SPA

Hopes my reviews helps.
Time to sleep ready for Day 1 Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and got a very good deal including breakfast and wifi for £50 GBP. 1 top tip I have for Thailand and Cambodia is to always book hotels direct as you will get better value for money than through booking.com, asiarooms.com etc.

Our standard room was large, seemed clean and as other reviewers have said somewhat worn and tired. We did see 1 cockroach.

The gym is good and the pool looked lovely.

The reception desk area is a bit scruffy an the staff inefficient and not particularly friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
UrbanaHospitality, General Manager at Urbana Langsuan, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear SouthernLassy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Urbana Langsuan.

I am delighted to hear that you valued the great deals our hotel has offered on our hotel website and the spacious and clean accommodation.
I would like to apologize for the service of our reception staffs and the cleanliness of the rooms, the departments concerned have been informed of your comment already.
We always appreciate constructive feedback such as yours in order to improve our services further.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we look forward to be of your service the next time you visit Bangkok.

Kind Regards,
Ophaphan Wangmontri
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

very average place. unefficient and messy reception staff.
the room although large was not pleasant. the air con is quite noisy. the bathroom water pipes are very noisy too. the room was not properly cleaned, the sheets not changed (4 nights), the bathroom amenities not replaced.
all signs of a poorly managed place.
in the same street, Cape House and Center Point (where I stayed before) are better options (for similar price)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Urbana Langsuan? Share your experiences!