“OK hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #371 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Helsinki
“OK hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I arrived to the hotel at 2100 local time only to find out that my reservation was not valid I had booked room for something like 35euros and after receptionist long searched my reservation they found out that booking I had made was for thai-residents only and never been confirmed by the hotel even thought my travel agency confirmed it. (not completely hotels fault?) Well after some hassle..i decided to stay anyways even thought the room rate was almost double of what I expected, I came straight from the airport so I had no money and had to go raise it only to find out that the nearby atm's didn't work for my credit card (visa , wtf?)... well I managed to buy the room with my credit card straight from the hotel in the end. Its OK hotel, although in my opinion not really good value for money, service is great and tuktuk service is good but I still would have expected something more for the price. I have to give minus for the poor sound insulation, you can hear the hallway and next room and the wifi that uses 3 or 24hour (24h never worked for me) keys instead of just the standard unlimited access.

Room Tip: First floor room are good cos elevators are really slow and you can use the stairs instead.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
PEMBA Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

This hotel is fine. I'd give it average ratings. It's really fine. In fact I might even go for good.

The problem is this- the BUDDY TRAVEL AGENCY is incompetent and a rip off.
When the agency lets you down about something small- they start shouting at you and the hotel. Being shouted at is unacceptable. Then the receptionists start shouting back! (at you too)

So sorry- but the hotel has to get a terrible.

When you quietly take the front of house aside to say that this is not beneficial for the hotel - I was told- oh- just "write to trip advisor."

Make your own minds up- Hotel absolutely fine. Travel agency awful- staff of hotel unable to deal with western guests - affects the stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Sunshine Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We booked Hotel De Moc as part of a 3-day promotion, without knowing anything about the hotel. Our surprise was only exceeded by our pleasure with a spacious, immaculate room with free fruit bowl and balcony views. Buffet breakfast was included, while swimming pool, beer garden and free tuk tuk to the nearby markets were available. The staff were magnificent, especially the travel consultant who worked overtime for us when disaster threatened our travel plans. The original promotion had included a river cruise which was not possible due to the flooding and was replaced with a Thai Banquet and evening tram tour of the city, both of which were thoroughly enjoyed. We were touched by the gesture and would happily stay again.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I very impress in this hotel, staffs very friendful and helpful, housekeeping cleaning my room very good, when I come from outside at lobby bell man or door man will greeting and helping. I stayed for 2 nights for sure I will recommend in this hotel to my friend and will come back again in next time.

Room Tip: Good Service & Helpful
Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The Hotel De’ Moc Discriminates and ORBITZ left us stranded in Bangkok!

After booking a 3 night stay through ORBITZ at Hotel De’ Moc in Bangkok we received a conformation number. However, when we arrived in Bangkok at the hotel we were told the reservation would not be accepted and should we like to stay at the hotel the rate would quadruple. The explanation we were given as to why our reservation was being denied was due to the fact that we were not Thai Nationals.
The hotel De’ Moc adamantly denied our reservation. We were discriminated against based on our nationality! We were astonished, hurt, enraged.
We then asked to use the phone to contact ORBITZ. We felt strongly that ORBITZ would not allow us to be turned out onto the streets without some since of support. We spent 1hr 45min on the phone being transferred between 4 separate people. ORBITZ customer service spoke with the hotel manager and was told the same thing that our reservation was being denied.
ORBITZ bounced us between 5 different people. Not a single employee was willing to assist us in establishing alternate accommodations. We were absolutely stunned. Not only did we entrust ORBITZ with our reservations, we believed that a reputable company would not partner with a hotel that DISCRIMINATES! My husband and I had faith ORBITZ would rectify an unbelievable injustice and minimally relocate us to reputable hotel. Instead ORBITS did not help us at all. My husband and I found ourselves in Bangkok of all places on the street.
Only well after our very unfortunate experience with both Hotel De’ Moc did ORBITZ send an email communicating that they would not be able to honor our reservation. Far too little, far too late.
All in all we had an absolutely miserable experience with both Hotel De’ Moc and ORBITZ

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BuddyGroup_Thailand, Manager at Hotel De Moc, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Ms.jbowbo ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel De’Moc. Reference to your post, please kindly let us clarify:
- The rate was clearly mentioned in our terms & conditions and in Orbitz’s website "Flooding Rate strictly for Thais and Thai residence only" because our purpose is to offer such low rate is to help the flood victims. Trust you would understand our purpose for this rate. (pls post 2nd attachment in as a reference)
- We turned down your booking from the beginning due to the above terms & conditions.
- Our Reception was showing our care to you by trying to sort this case out such as calling to your oversea agent at bill cost B.1692.- and, moreover, we also offered a special rate which was lower than normal walk-in rate for your option.

Hopefully you would understand this situation.

Hotel De’Moc
Zanzibar, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The Hotel De Moc must have been built in the 1960's. A really great retro building with not too many rooms, a car park in front, coffeeshop, cafe in carpark, and pool in the carpark. Now this probably does not sound ideal, but if you want to get a real feel for south east asia- then it is. You feel as though you are on the set of the series PANAM or Phnohm Penh in the early seventies.

In summary:
* The rooms are reasonably sized, with bathroom and balcony!!!
* Floors are linoleum but who cares, all is clean.
* Beds comfortable and sheets great. (Super clean- that is my one hangup. It must be clean! And this is).
* The service is THAI perfect. The food and breakfasts are first class.
*Internet is all pervasive and free
* It is walking distance from Rambutri, the river pier, Khao Sahn Madness.

So in general, this place is to be thoroughly recommended.
I give it very good rating, as it is a hotel with a hundred rooms, and is not for everyone.
For the price ($60-100 depending upon how you book) it is fine.

Room Tip: high up and the view are fun!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room we had was clean and adequate but could probably do with a refurb at some point in the not too distant future. Very helpful and friendly stafff and nice pool area. If we return to Bangkok we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel De Moc? Share your experiences!