This place does not have recent reviews and there is a reason why as
there are probably few people staying here. I was desperate from a bad
couchsurfing experience and regret (except for the travel agent I
met)very much that I didn't do my due diligence as I have in the past,
and read reviews before staying here. Even though this place had positive reviews in the past, always go by the LATEST reviews.
This place does NOT have doors in their lobby, so anyone can enter.
The night clerk when not busy at desk naps on the couch, the night
watchman is NOT alert looking around, rather he sits and reads or writes (why is he
there??) I left my money vest on the chair facing computers, both
said they saw nothing (the vest was left there but money was gone so
the person had to have removed it while sitting there) despite both in
close proximity, had the n.w. been observant he would've noticed the
vest left there a long time possibly before the other person sat there
& turned it in. They have cameras but none directed towards the
computers which are closest to the openings in the lobby. The worse
thing was the complete lack of help, the n.c. speaks VERY poor
English,and watchman NONE (this is a hotel that's in area only for
foreign tourists and marketed in English so they SHOULD hire someone
who can communicate well) they didn't know the # for the police much
less the tourist one, and the manager was very unhelpful, and not only not sympathetic to my plight but downright hostile towards me as if I committed the crime .According to other websites
(and the travel agent who works there who is NOT employed by the hotel
and the ONLY reason to go there as she's very helpful,) there are many
complain of the manager's surly, unfriendly attitude. (I am sending this review to the chains website saying they should probably contact some of their booking sites to see if feedback from people they referred complained as to why they wouldn’t come again.
The walk in rate is 1100 baht way overpriced for the area and the
quality of the place (you can get MUCH nicer with swimming pool etc for that price.)
All these factors reflect as to why the place seems empty and why they
market heavily with discounted prices ( I had one night free with
payment of two) but with all the options in the Khao San area, I'd
advise you to go elsewhere. Even the people who run the adjoining
restaurant are unfriendly which is why they aren't crowded either. The place is located near a bar which is quite noisy until late at night (where my room was which was next to the employees quarters as I wanted the first floor but fairly clean, and for MY price (which was only a special and NOT the regular price) it was a good value so gave it that rating. All the things that Philison mentioned are available at an EXTRA cost.
The last straw was when I had booked a taxi driver to take me to the airport. I was in the lobby waiting so I got on the computer, the clerk said the taxi driver was here but I looked around and saw nothing (thinking because of her poor English, she may have meant that he was coming or something else) so continued on the computer. While waiting I went to my room and came back and saw another person there, I asked if he was the taxi driver,but received no answer, he was at the counter with the clerk, he may not understood the English but as poorly as she speaks it, she had to have understood me and said nothing to me and when he left (which was another reason I didn't think he was the driver). I continued waiting and kept asking the clerk if we should call and she said she didn’t have the number, finally I understood that, that WAS the taxi driver, and he had gone outside to walk around!!!
I didn't give it the lowest rating for some things because the room was decent and because of the special got a fairly good value and as for the service, the clerk Balloon who was
wonderful and should work elsewhere where the service is on par with hers and the housekeeper gave me what I requested each day but because of the theft and how they treated me because of it, I had to give it the lowest rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn is only a 2 -minute walk from the famous Khaosan Road . It offers simple accommodation in a homely atmosphere with a buffet breakfast and 24 hours receptionist . Featuring simple décor . All rooms at Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, refrigerator , minibar , hair dryer. There is also air conditioning and a private bathroom with a hot shower. Sofine Bar &Restaurant open at 7 am-midnight . There’re serving varieties of Thai & international foods . Room service also available at the place . Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn is a 15 minutes walk to the Grand Palace and easy access to get public transportation to downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Banglumpoo Hotel Bangkok
- Hotel Sawasdee Banglumpoo