“Excellent Hotel - will stay again.” 5 of 5 stars

Majestic Grande Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #142 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Maui, Hawaii
“Excellent Hotel - will stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in November, 2013 and will stay here again. It's a notch up from some of the others, and it's off Sukhumvit Road. If you want to avoid congestion and noise on Sukhumvit Road, stay here. The price is reasonable, the staff is friendly, and we booked some activities at the concierge activity desk at good prices. I did not have a great view, but that's 'ok'. The bathrooms are big and clean, the Wi-Fi works great. I did not try the restaurant here, but there's a famous massage place across the street that is an adventure. It's down a street that is not noisy and full of bars and massage parlors, and there's always a taxi out front. It's worth the money!

Room Tip: Tray and get as high up as you can. The elevators are fast and I think we were on floor 8.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

940 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After a brief search on TripAdvisor and Hotels.com, I came across this cute hotel. From the pictures, it looked stunning and with the reviews given, I booked this hotel.
Knowing it was in central Bangkok helped as myself and my boyfriend planned to have a weekend there.
I was absolutely shocked to only find out the location of this hotel was bang in the middle of pretty much everything!! And not that far from the airport! We paid 450TB from airport to the hotel!
As we arrived, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't ready as we got there early so we left our bags for them to look after as we familiarised ourselves with the area.
As we got back, we were given the keys to our room and 2 complimentary drinks vouchers in the hotel bar. I booked the Grand Superior Suite and what can I say, perfect for the weekend. Had everything we wanted! Although we didn't eat or drink anything from the minibar provided, the costs for them were pretty cheap considering the hotel rating and its location.
The staff were very prompt with room service as my boyfriend needed an iron and ironing board; after calling the reception, the staff came with the equipment asked within a minute!!
Breakfast was great too! Selection of bakery, hot and cold drinks and food and a chef who made fresh noodles and eggs of your choice!
The only fault I'd give was the air con can get a bit too cold! But thats a minor and not worth whinging over.
Overall, the staff were extremely kind and helpful. Really smiley people (mainly the ones by the door!) Would definitely come back again.

Thank you Team Majestic!! :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Majestic Grande Soi 2 Sukhumvit is located in a quiet Soi about 300 metres from Ploen Chit or Nana. BTS. Yet less than 100 metres from the madness which is Soi 4 Nana.
The staff here were very pleasant and efficient. Room maid always had room done on return after morning outing, and never failed to top up eg. Free water, shampoo, coffee etc. so many places you have to chase them for something they forgot. Reception and concerge efficient and good attitude. The gym I used regularly and a pleasant pool. Didn't use food outlets, didn't even get chance to take complimentary drink from lobby bar. Walking through lobby of evening had a nice atmosphere with a chap playing 'the good tunes' on the piano. I enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Had a grand delux king, as wanted that loung, desk area for comfort and computing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Patong, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Kind of reluctant to recommend this hotel bcs I dont like it too full.
I have been staying there since it was built and if anything its getting better for me.
Everything works well: location,value,service,food
And its nice to be welcomed by staff plus if u get to the lobby from 5 to 7 pm
John, the impeccable English piano player will welcome u with your favourite tune.Just seeing and hearing him is a wonderful addition to this
very comfortable hotel.
I hope not too many people read this for selfish reasons.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Location is good but i would think is more conveient to go to ploenchit station rather then nana station.
Check in and check out is fast and good.
Conceirge service at hotel is awesome.
The toilet in the room is big but the bad thing is the water heater will suddenly turn too hot and turn too cold again.
Service of staff at dine 7 need to be improve, some staff seem like sleepy while working and when asking for tea or coffee seem reluctant to attend to you. but clear away the plate too quick that i haven't even swallow my food. could have more variety.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Given that Bangkok is a bit city I would have expected such hotel to be in a slight more central location. A taxi ride to the Grand Palace is more than half an hour away whether you get the boat taxi after getting off the train or whether you do the ride on a car.

Just generally I thought it was a bit distant from anywhere else.

Like other guests we checked in at 8am which was good as our flight had come in at 630am in the morning. However when we went upstairs the room was not ready and the cleaner started shouting at us.

I found their concierge service terrible. They were not helpful at all and when I asked about markets or roads the guides recommended and how we could work around then in terms of efficiency and how best to plan it to get done as much possible in a day or two he started laughing at me and said 'What are you going to do there' or 'this is not for you'.

Breakfast is quite rich so be prepared to be full until dinner time.

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The first few nights of my trip, I wanted somewhere in Bangkok close to the action and to the shopping so chose to stay here.

I arrived late (almost midnight) and was glad the hotel was easy to find, taxi driver had no problem picking it out. Check-in was very quick and I was on my way to my rooom in no time at all.

I'd booked one of the larger rooms, which was on the 10th floor. the living area and bathroom were both very large. Main living area consisted of a large bed facing a large wall mounted flat screen tv with some seating and a large desk in front of the large windows that faced out onto Soi 2. This led round to a large wardrobe that housed the mini-safe and followed into a dressing area and then onto the bathroom. Bathroom was also very big with a separate bath area and a large shower cubicle tucked around the corner. Good range of products on hand too. Free w-fi was very fast, with no problems about connecting a number of devices.

I did manage to take a quick dip in the pool on the 7th floor, it's quite nice as sheltered from the sun for a lot of the day although quite small for those of you that like to do a few lengths.

Unfortunately due to jetlag I didn't manage to make breakfast on either day, but the ground floor restaurant where it's served looks very nice.

They offer a buggy service to the end of the Soi, where you're able to walk a few minutes in either direction to use either Nana or Ploenchit BTS stations. It's a few stops from here to Phaya Thai BTS where you can connect to the Airport rail link.

If you're into the more hectic side of things in Bangkok, Soi 4 can be accessed by cuting through the plaza directly outside the hotel and the street markets on Sukhumvit Road are also close at hand.

A good relaxing spot, no problem to stay here again when I'm back for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Majestic Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!