“Disapponting” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Disapponting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Typical business class hotel, I decided to try this property to save a little on accommodation costs as I normally use the Grand millennium Sukhumvit, an excellent hotel by the way. A friend of mine usually stays here so I thought I'd give it a go.

Sadly, the room I am in has a cockroach infestation, you know, those little baby roaches which have been given birth by the thousand or so by mummy roach? Not nice to lift the toilet seat and find little roaches scuttling around!

Also, I drank a fruit juice on the first night and on the fourth night it still hasn't been replaced by Housekeeping. I can't be bothered to inform them to please replenish the apple juice, it should have been done automatically. I call this sloppy housekeeping.

Also, when you check in, there's no shaving kit or toothbrush in the bathroom, so I went out to buy some. But on my return I found a small annoying sign in the bathroom telling me these items are available upon request. I've already wasted my money buying them, oh well.

Today there was a power outage of electricity and air conditioning for one hour. This may not have been the hotel's fault, but the power company. But when I called down, they didn't think to inform me it was a problem with the whole tower, not just my room, so there I was waiting for a housekeeper/technician to call and no one did.

Room service menu is limited for all-day dining. I'd have liked to eat a steak this morning, but there were just burgers and Thai dishes. I can get a delicious steak over at Grand Millennium Sukhumvit.

The staff are friendly and attentive mind you, but that doesn't make up for the shortcomings of the hotel property as a whole unfortunately. Shan't be using this place in future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without baby roaches!
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a typical business hotel: great rooms, business center, located near one of the financial districts of Bangkok. The Service is correct and rooms are clean. Swimming pool in the 7th floor. Excellent breakfast in the morning: buffet with western and thai food.

• Stayed September 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

we recently stayed in the pleasant hotel right in the centre of the city and although only for 3 nights - we would definitely go back. The breakfast was good and varied and although we ate just once in the restaurant, the food was excellent even though the waiter has almost no English at all and could not understand our simple questions such as 'does this come with rice?' nevertheless, we had a great meal and we could say that added to its charm. I would say that the sunbeds around the pool are very uncomfortable and designed for a very short time as they have no mattress and are incredibly hard. All in all - good value for money

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice looking hotel with a big lobby and a smart look. Close to the main road, Starbucks nearby and close enough to the local nightlife. Room was spacious, nice bed, good wifi and attentive cleaning staff. Found it a little strange that the front desk staff asked me to pay for my 3 night stay as soon as I arrived, quite unusual for a 4 star hotel. Apart from that, recommended for a comfortable stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kualalumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Me & my husband stayed here in a Grande Superior Room with a very wonderful view for 3 nights. I would say we were lucky to get a room like that. The hospitality and service by the staff are on par with what I saw in Bali, which I would say is the most welcoming place I have ever visited. Only problem though would be , they don't understand much of English and so you won't understand their language. But which tourist spot doesn't have this problem ....so its OK :)
One thing , we were not much happy was the internet connectivity speed @ the room. My husband had to work due to some issue @ his work all of a sudden and the internet speed didn't help much. But thats not a matter to crib on a holiday ..isn't it ? They are going to bring in a Kebab factory , would love to visit next time. Centralised locality, near to Siam Paragon & Central World mall. Take the tuk tuk to go nearby ... Overall, for me it was a very pleasant stay . Thank you Majestic Grande. Felt like home after touring the whole day.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the upper floor with a view of the city. View in the night with the glowing ci...
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days during a recent trip to Bangkok and I was pretty impressed.

Splendid location (just a 10 min walk to the nearest BTS station), hotel food was OK, staff were generally friendly and helpful. And the view from my room (19th floor) was just awesome.

Overall a pleasant stay and I would highly recommend to everyone.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Hotel the last night of my trip to Thailand. I had the impression to be not welcome from the beginning on. I arrived at the hotel and the first question was if I would like to pay upfront. As soon as I have paid they gave me a room that did not match with my booking. I booked a non-smoking room and did get a smoking room. As I told them that I cannot stay in this room they tried to sort this out but it seemed that they actually did not want to change it and tried to convince me to stay in this room. Afterwards they offered me a room below the catogqry I booked. As I did not agree they eventually gave me a another room.

The room was actually very nice on one of the upper floors and it seemed that it was renovated within the last few years. So there is definitely nothing to complain about the room.

However my booking included a late check out, because I had a late flight back. But already at check-in they asked to check out at noon latest. On the date I was going to leave they called twice in the morning and asked again if I can check out at noon latest. The time was not really a problem for me, but I found it quite strange that they called me twice within 5 minutes and asked me to leave.

Maybe I was just unlucky for whatever reason. The room I had finally was very nice. But because of the staff I cannot recomend the hotel at all.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Majestic Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!