“Ok hotel in good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Siam Heritage

You added The Siam Heritage to your Saves list
The Siam Heritage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115-1 Surawong Road | Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Ranked #220 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Ok hotel in good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. The hotel is located close to Patpong Night Market and the bars and clubs in Silom. It is a little walk to the sky train. All staff were friendly except one reception staff who difficulty understanding English. The room was good but had no coffee or tea making facilities. Free Internet connectivity was good. The only thing I did not like was the additional surcharge of 900 baht ($30) if I brought someone back to my room. I booked the room for two people but if I had an overnight guest I would have had to pay the surcharge for having myself and my guest ( two people) in the room. There is no mention in their hotel policy of the guests visitors surcharge. You only find this out after you have checked in. They leave a piece on paper on the desk in you room advising of the 900 baht surcharge for guests visitors. On the basis of this hidden (expensive) surcharge I would not stay at this hotel again. There are plenty of other nice hotels in Silom that don't have this hidden surcharge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hampshire United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We chose the Siam after staying at Le Meridien opposite several times (which we love) however we wanted something better value as we took several rooms for this visit, overall it is a great hotel and is veru good value for money for a fantastic central location which is right by the famous Pat Pong night market, the hotel has a lovely little roof top pool but sunbeds are very limited, only about 7 in all so get up early if you wnat one, the food is great from the menu, breakfast is ok, more than adequate and good value for the overall price, rooms are spacious, we took a suite which has a kitchenette and separate living area, the rooms are quite dark as they face other buildings but you doont really stay in Bangkok for sweeping views, if you do go for one down by the river, the best thing about this hotel is the location, if you want to shop shop shop and enjoy the exciting buzz of Pat pong you cant get better than this, if your looking for a big resort complex away from it all, look somewhere else. Would stay again, must comment on the great hotel drivers we had that made our trip, we used the hotel limo service every day and our driver was super, showed us round and having been to BKK several times even i saw new things. Overall impression, great value in great location, dont expext 5 star luxury but clean, comfortable and very traditional thai which i loved

Room Tip: request one facing onto the street if you can, they are lighter as dont face an adjoining building
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Siam Heritage is a nice hotel in Silom, Bangkok. The lobby and restaurant are nicely furnished and the breakfast buffet is good. Our room however was a bit dark, but that didn't really bother us, since we were only there to sleep. Not sure if other rooms are brighter, maybe good to check that out if you find that important. There are lots of transport options in the close vicinity of the hotel which make it easy to move around Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The airport taxi did not know where is the hotel even though it's right at the Silom street. It's located at the very heavy traffic road. The Front Desk was warm and friendly. The team in the restaurant are very attentive, they made me feel very comfortable. Breakfast is good, live egg cooking station. The room is clean, great shower water pressure, free wifi access and it worked very well. The rooftop is where the pool, gym and spa, not a bad idea to chill in the evening. The bell boy very helpful too. But, the tour counter in the hotel, it's expensive and pushy. Walking to the BTS, sky train is not far.

Room Tip: 9 floors but 9th floor is the rooftop, so the highest floor for guest room is on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and wanted cheap option near nightlife of Silom. And cheap is what we got and we okay with that but excluding the location there were nicer hotels in same cheap price range available. So all that Siam Heritage has is the location. Location aside, here are the Cons and Pros for my cheap room. Lets start with some silom Tips:

Silom Tips (thus far)
- seafood outdoor resturant next to Meridian has fresh tasty food
- further on is Purity Spa for massages till 2am and clean private rooms too. Ask for Joe for professional service all the time
- next door is cool corner for breakfasts and late (up to 1am) meals. Try the coconut smoothie
- tip top resturant opens till 3am for tasty thai and italian foods. Positioned in patpong night market thanon on the left if walking from silom road
- Tom Tom on surawong road after passing patpong market. For coffee and freshly made snacks 24hrs
- patpong night market is okay. Nice variety but overpriced starting prices so be prepared to bargain. Though I think the stall keepers have huge attitude problem. Shop at Chatuchuk instead.
- shop on silom road walking away from patpong. Easier and friendlier.

Cons (with some counter ideas)
- dreary old rooms. Makes one feel depressed in the modern world. Maybe the more expensive room options are better. So if you find discount deal at Siam Heritage then this may be the dreary room you get
- lighting in room and bathroom was terrible. Adds to the depressing aging interior. Just making sure you are prepared for your stay.
- the bathtub shower has one of those ecosaver shower heads which sprays slow and gently to save water. All it does is make one take twice as long to shower. There goes the economy.
- Room Window faces the side of another building and no voil (2nd curtain) so you cannot get natural light in unless you okay to let next building strangers peak in
- Bathtub is spacious and it's Fitment is such that there is a wide lower gap between the tub and the wall nearly all around. They even have a drain for that gap. Amazing someone tried to solve the problem. But they failed. Water from show still makes it's way around the tub and onto the bathroom floor. I asked hotel for more floor towels but those just got soaked. Even after I took the face towels and tried to block the areas where the water travels around the tub. I failed and failed again. The hotel actually failed. For not doing something about this. Wet shoes and feet just makes the old wooden floors worse.
- had to ask for soap to be replenished. Ask for more if you shower with their soap as it really nice but cannot last many showers. So ask for your extras early.
- fitness centre was aging too. No straps on any peddle bike machines. Aircon works and so does the tv. Maybe this should be under Pros. Nice view of rooftop bar and garden
- room was actually built as twin as you can see the seperate head boards. I appreciate they gave me a big bed in the room but in the middle of the bed your head can make contact with two plugs in the wall for the side lamp shades. Just pull them out and tuck then under bed. Safer now.
- rooms were not cleaned properly. We made sure all dirt ended up in the small bin. But sometimes the bin overflows. And they just were not careful to ensure all dirt was removed. I even got the feeling that the bathtub was not cleaned well.
- fridge can freeze your water. Leave water in the fridge door but definitely do not leave the glass bottles of beer to freeze either. Make a plan
- aircon is loud so tv needs to be louder and I feel sorry for the people next door after midnight when we watched the Olympic highlights. Be careful as aircon takes long to cool and if you sleep the aircon might reach that cold temperature you don't really want. So you might start to freeze. It has wall mounted controls and therefore no remote. Sorry, you have to get up in middle of night

Pros
- friendly staff on arrival and at reception in level 2 lobby (got to go upstairs but bags are well handled for you). Lovely feeling on arrival
- I did not complain about anything cos I did not want to upset my stay in any way. So all my counter measures were requested politely and the staff provided what I needed in a friendly way. To make sure I got what I wanted I wrote it down for them and they nicely went through my list.
- breakfast lacks here and there but overall gave us a great start to our day. Excellent egg station. Variety of breads and fruit. Even a salad section. Warm American breakat stuff with some local dishes. Not much service or staff available but you can do everythIng yourself. Make own toast and even heat up the croissants in a small oven. Same place I heated our cold chicken viennas (sausages)
- departure was smooth and fast. They knew what time I was leaving and was ready to take my bags from room
- they tried to give me late checkout but they were amazingly fully booked. The senior lady at reception gave me a brilliant option to store our bags and when we come back we can shower at their spa before our flight. And she still have me an hour later checkout. Think she realize we were late sleepers.

So staff are great and covered for the poor investment by owners. I don't think I will stay here again. The tawana hotel ( across road) cheap rooms are poorer because bathrooms are very small. So will surely find another good priced hotel for my future silom visits. Maybe Siam Heritage have better rooms on the higher price range. Didn't check so not sure.

Make sure to try our purity spas private clean rooms and ask for Joe. Always accepts whatever tip you give with a smile and ensures customers are treated well. Sometimes he's in demand so be patient to wait. Hope the above helps you. Maybe you can work with the cheap room with good service and good location.

• Stayed August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great location, super staff. Room is a bit dated but good size and very clean...older TV......excellent breakfast with a combination of western and Thai food......would stay here again in a heartbeat.......you get a nice feel for Thai culture....you are two blocks form Patong market area and the entertainment district and 6 minute walk to the train

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a good value hotel which is situated next to Patpong Night Market. The hotel is not very modern and is looking tired. Breakfast which was included was very basic. There is a strange smell in the corridors but not in the rooms, the rooms are also needing updated. There is a nice small pool on the top floor which is quiet and nice to use. In our bathroom the water flooded the floor every time we had a shower. Overall you get what you pay for. This is not an expensive hotel and generally speaking if this is the area of town you want to be in then you get a decent room for a good price.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the road at front.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Siam Heritage? Share your experiences!