“Cheap and very basic” 2 of 5 stars
Review of A-One Inn

You added A-One Inn to your Saves list
A-One Inn
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   25/13-15 Soi Kasamsunt1 Rama 1 Rd, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #244 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Cheap and very basic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

We chose this inn because it is very close to the maboomkong (MBK) shopping stretch. It's only 5 minutes away.

However, the rooms didn't have a very pleasant feel to them. The toilet was very small, and the floor always flooded after a shower. The drainage wasn't good, meaning that the pool of water on the bathroom floor actually stayed there for a good couple of hours.

But, there were no nasty smells in the room, which was a relief.

I used the public toilet on the ground floor once, and I will never forget how a cockroach's feelers were poking out of the holes at the base of the urinal. I was using the toilet bowl, not the urinal, and I didn't really dare to sit on the bowl.

However, my friend, who’s a guy, didn’t have any problems with this place. He said that I was more picky because I was a girl. Anyway, I think there's another motel that offers budget accommodation just down the same road, called Wendy House. It’s slightly more expensive but it looks brighter and more cheery. I haven't stayed there before but might give it a try the next time I'm in Bangkok.

• Liked — Closeness to shopping belt
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — Good location and cheap, but super basic rooms.
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2006

We arrived 15 minutes later then we’d told them by which time our room had gone – in spite of reconfirming 3 days before as they’d asked us. The owner’s response was “you should have phoned”, I think she thought I had some sort of GPS in my head and could predict the traffic conditions to give her a PRECISE time of arrival i.e. to the second. To that she replied “what do you expect when you haven’t paid a deposit” – I’m happy to pay a deposit love to secure my room but they don’t give you that option!

Then to add insult to injury she suggested I came back the next day! As if all would be forgiven and that I’d be happy to hand over my hard-earned baht to someone who’d just shafted me!

I cannot therefore comment on the rooms as I never got to see the inside of any of them but to be honest I’m quite glad judging by some reviews I'd read subsequently which were pretty average at best – we stayed at Muang something at the end of the same road – it doesn’t look like a hotel from the outside but was well run (take a tip AOneInn).

• Stayed February 2006
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

we stayed here- well actually we didn't. We ended up here as it was the only place in the area that I had headr good reviews of. Rooms are very basic- somewhat moldy. Bathroom was an add-on. The rate of $20 for an AC room is borderline- even for Bangkok. My favouriute part- whihc led us to another room even thought we had alreayd paid and would receive no refund, was the condom in the bin- indicating that maybe the room had not been cleaned very well.

If you are up for very basic, then it is marginally better than a hostel, otherwise, double your budget and stay somewhere nicer.

Stayed July 2005

Been to A-One Inn? Share your experiences!