“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PJ Watergate Hotel

You added PJ Watergate Hotel to your Saves list
PJ Watergate Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   467 soi watanasil, rachaparop rd., makkasan, ratchatewee, 10400, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #550 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Rethymnon, Greece
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this hotel by chance. First impression of the my room was not the best. Next day (after my complainings) they gave another room as I was going to stay there for 1 week. Except front desk the rest personnel is very kind. Breakfast is very good and especially the cook who makes omelets on demand. The location is also good as the hotel is close to everything. Another plus in this hotel is the gym and in the night the life music at the bar.

Room Tip: Don't choose standart room. Pay little more for a superior room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Been staying in Bangkok for 2 months and decided to stay here for a change in scenery. The location is good but the hotel itself is in total disrepair. One of the toilets on my floor backed up and continued spewing water for hours which flooded the entire floor. I requested a room change but was told that musty smells and wet carpets were not reason enough. No need to set an alarm because you will be woken up for breakfast with the soothing sounds of drills and jackhammers at 9am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel experience is reasonable for its price. The breakfast is delicious. The location is 2 blocks from the train station, which makes it accessible. There are a lot of malls that are cheap nearby for shopaholics

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel looks nice at night on the outside but the lobby and rooms really need improvements. The hotel was a bit expensive for the poor quality.

SERVICE
Was ok. Bell boy is polite. Reception desk was good until the last day they tried to charge us minibar when we took nothing. Didn't say sorry. Just avoided eye contact. At least we got our money back. Housekeeping I think was so-so. They do very minimal cleaning and didn't give us new shampoo and shower gel.

ROOM
Horrible........ I cringed when I first our room. We stayed at room 301 (something like that. Last room to the right). I wanted to get out asap but we had already paid 2 nights. Our door was already opened when we first entered so that "could" explain the minibar problem. I thought it was because the room smelled which it did. Carpet was old, window was pointless (faced a brick wall), A/C took FOREVER to cool our room (it did eventually cool), bathroom was ok but the worst part was the bed. It was old, the sheets are worn out and not white anymore (they need to really invest a bit more!!) mattress was horrible.. I can feel the wires... the bed was so old I was afraid to sleep on it as it might have bed bugs. Found hair on the bed which made me assume our sheets wasn't changed. Wifi was acceptable. They also have TV and a phone and complimentary water bottle everyday (sometimes!)

BREAKFAST (buffet)
Go before 9am if you want a seat. Otherwise you'll be waiting a bit. Asian breakfast and fruits selection is good. My husband said the western breakfast was always cold. Last day of my stay congee was just cooked rice and water (not over cooked enough) so that was disappointing. They have an egg station and they bring it to you once cooked so that was nice. Staff was generally nice there.

If you like shopping and don't mind how old and run down beds (I think they did a paint job though so that's good to see) then it's ok to stay here. Otherwise you want a good bed?.. get... out...

Oh they have live entertainment at night at their bar lounge but unfortunately I saw it was empty at around 9pm... the singers weren't bad!

PJ watergate hotel, I'd love to stay but you guys really really need to invest and get new beds and sheets!! Really!!

Room Tip: Have a look at the room first.. It's doable but I'd never come back until they've inves...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Insects infest this whole building. Namely mosquitos and tiny moths in the rooms. Carpet was one of the worst I've ever seen. Bed sheets seemed to have not been changed from the previous guests. Breakfast was cold and strictly Muslim affair despite the same room catering for liquor at the bar. Window view is litarally a brick wall. Bed feels like wires. To cap it all off they attempted to charge a drink from the mini bar that we hadn't touched. Air con took forever and stopped working completely in my relatives rooms.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was my first visit to Bangkok, we were suggested this hotel by the information desk at the airport.
Pros clean rooms,friendly staff,best location for shopping,indian irani restaurants at walking distance,hot shower,working ac and gud wifi signals,not at all noisy,good variety in breakfast
cons dont expect much of a luxurious room or a beautiful view.. tv furniture everything is old, smell in room after a night or two
i might come back if i dont find a better one in the same location

• Stayed January 2013
Colombo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were there for 6 days in November with the entire family. Location was the best and good malls like Big C, central world, India mail, Watergate pavillion etc etc were just walking distance. Friendly staff. Buffet seemed to be good initially but after a few days you realize that they serve you the same menu without any change which makes you sick. Restaurant staff were staring at you as if they are suppose to ensure that you don't over-eat or waste food. But taste of food was not so bad. Rooms were ok but the wing facing the hotel front yard was better. You'll find basic needs fulfilled such as warm water, daily room services, good A.C., WiFi. But some rooms were dark. What my sis n me got in 2nd floor was dark but what my mom got in the front wing was better. Almost no view through Window. Bathrooms were cleaned daily but a bad smell continued may be due to drainage system. There was a Sri Lankan restaurant called Manel Lanka near hotel which offered awesome Indian n SL food. Thanks to that our meals were sorted. Prices were affordable, clean n vegetarian food

Conclusion-if your expectation is to do shopping through out the day n return for a sleep then this place is good. But if you expect a lot out of a hotel then this isn't the place for you. Don't forget to go to dream world, safari world n chaopraya river cruise. And also Siam ocean world if possible. I may not return to this place in my next visit purely coz I want to have a different experience.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to PJ Watergate Hotel? Share your experiences!