“Rooms very small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok

You added Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 / 23 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Sukhumvit Road | Khlong Toei Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly Swiss Park Hotel Bangkok)   |
Ranked #125 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 134 Reviews
“Rooms very small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed for 3 nights. The rooms were very basic and the ceiling of the rooms very low and with beams, giving a very cramped feeling.
Rooms alloted did not have proper view and was opening to a building under construction.
The breakfast had limited options for veg. food and no Indian veg food available,though the restaurant staff accomodated to get us some veg food.
The reception staff and travel desk were friendly and helpful.
Pluses are good location to nearby veg restaurants and walkable to Nana BTS and good WIFI and reasonable room rent.
Sanjay Parthasarathy
Bahrain

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear sunjayps p,

Thank you for sharing your feedback to us. We were glad to hear that you found the hotel was in a good location where it was nearby many vegetarian restaurants and easy to walk to Nana BTS station. It was also good to know that you found the room price was reasonable, good WIFI, staff and tour desk were friendly and helpful to you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Compass Warm Hospitality. Great location, near Nana BTS no problem with food at restaurants nearby. New hotel with spacious rooms and good breakfast variety. Especially like to thank Khun Gift (Hotel Manager) for confirming and extending for us an additional room for one day although the hotel was fully booked.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kenneth O,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback during you stayed with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. It was with our great pleasure to know that I and my team could represent you our warm hospitality culture of Compass Hospitality Company. We were glad you enjoyed our location, spacious room with variety choice of breakfast.

I and my team will look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Swiss Hotel soon. Should we can provide you with similar service please feel free to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am surprised by numerous comments about the good customer service in this Hotel because I must have missed a lot of it during my stay here from 10-13 December 2014.

1. I had to switch back to a standard room from my initial booking of a suite as my family did not make the trip as intended. I explained this point to the front desk and she nodded in acknowledgement. I got my room, only to find that it was still the suite that I initially booked. By then, I was too tired from the flight and it was night, I ended up with paying extra for the suite.

2. I called room service to order a salmon sandwich and cucumber. It wasn't a special menu I dreamt off in my non-existent culinary imagination, I was reading off their menu word for word. The person on the other line insisted that there is no such meal available, and "Did you read our menu?". I was hungry, and I became angry.

3. When Room Service suddenly woke up to the reality that there was indeed such a meal, they called me up. I was hungry, less angry now. I asked her not to add the salad, and substitute it with more fries (remember, I was hungry). She said No, if you want more fries.. they will charge 200 bahts, instead of 130 bahts. I was hungry, and I am definitely angry, and I was disappointed.

4. The service provided by the bell-hop was inconsistent and dependant on the person working. I had to be in the office by 9am on the mornings of 11 and 12 Dec, and the inconsistency is as follow:

11 Dec, 8am - When I asked help from Bell Hop to get a cab, he went out to hail a cab, and I stepped out of the Hotel door to a waiting cab that understood where I wanted to go.

12 Dec, 8am - When I asked help from Bell Hop to get a cab, he assisted me out of the Hotel door and pointed me to the main road and said there are many cabs there. (True Story).

I spent another 20 minutes flagging 3 cabs that had no clue of a word in English, and didn't know where i was going. I had to google an image of my destination building and showed it to the 4th cab driver who unceremoniously charged me an additional 100 bahts after detecting my hint of desperation.

5. Loud music from street level bars and restaurants reached my room on the 12th floor on the Friday night that I was there. Those who need absolute peace or with babies ought to check ahead on this point.

6. Wi-fi in the room is spotty and super slow. Face time was constantly interrupted and this was frustrating.

Summary: While I am under no illusion that everyone in this country should be well versed in English, I was expecting that those who work in the hospitality industry should be capable of communicating effectively.

Verdict: not returning to this hotel, unless absolutely necessary.

Room Tip: Between the standard room and the suite, the former surprisingly allows more natural light due to fl...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Yusman I,

Thank you for sharing your feedback to us on Trip Advisor. Please allow me to provide you with more information.

1. Your reservation confirmed for the executive suite room and you wanted to change to the normal room upon checked in. Since we had no normal room available on your requested at night time so had changed your room on the next day. We were sorry if this cause you an inconvenience. Should this information had been provided to us prior to the arrival we were sure that we could provide you with more efficiency service.
2. I sincere apologized for the room service taken order with an unprofessional process. Please ensure that we will train the staff to ensure that it was not reoccur.
3. I was glad to know that our room service staff did change you the salad side dish to the fries as requested. However, I have taken note and will share to the staff on how to satisfy guest's order when they were hungry.
4. I apologized for the bell service team. We had the meeting with them and we ensure that only high service standard will be served our guest.
6. We just changed the new internet service provider company with more speed given. We also invested on all floors for the new boosters. We believe that our internet is better now. However, the new company has been address to recheck the system.

Thank you for bring up the above points to my attention. Please ensure that we will do the best to improve it to our highest standard level. Should you reconsider to return your visit with us please feel free to contact me directly at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We liked the room and the service provided. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous. However, on the second day they did not clean our room inspite of our request for room cleaning, we had to make many calls to get it done.One annoying thing was that they tried to charge us for some bedsheet stain that was never put by us, in any case isn't housekeeping supposed to launder sheets? We refused to pay for it, they were gracious and accepted it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Poonamdk,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Grand Swiss Hotel with us. We were glad you liked our room and the services provided.

Please accept my apologized on the notice extra cost regarding the stain on the bed sheet found. The housekeeping need to responsible for the best cleanliness of all items in room. However, if some stains or spots were not been able to remove, this item will call as damaged item. We will not allow to put it in the guest room. Should I can be one of your service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reims, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at Grand Swiss for a week in September 2014. When we initially arrived, there was an issue with our reservation from booking.com. At this time, we cannot remember her name, but the front desk reception staff member that checked us in was very kind and professional. She booked us another room and made us feel very welcome at the hotel then and throughout the duration of our stay, helping us with any questions we had about Bangkok or the hotel.

Our room was perfect and the hotel cleaning staff kept it clean and tidy every day for us. Every morning the breakfast was great and we especially enjoyed the time that we spent in the early evening at the top floor lounge and bar. The food and drinks were excellent and the staff were more than friendly with us. Having stayed at various hotels throughout many years of international travel, it was nice to have been treated in a very hospitable manner by all staff wherever we went.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at Grand Swiss and plan to stay there again when returning to Bangkok.

Jean & Armand

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean & Armand,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.com. We delighted to know that we could create you an enjoyable experience.

I delighted to hear that our front desk team delivered you with a professional service and made you feel a very warm welcome every day you were with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. Thank you for your recognize on the back of the house team, house keeping service. Please ensure I had shared it to the team as your comment was encouraging them to continue their good job. I would also like to thank you for sharing that you our breakfast team to their good job and you also enjoyed our night evening cocktail at 180° lounge.

Thank you for your time to share feedback to us once again. We all at Grand Swiss Hotel will look forward to have you with us again in very near future. Please feel free to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here 3 nights the hotel room was basic and very small. There are too many ornaments on the tables and pictures which make the room feel very claustrophobic. The standard room which appears on the website is not how it appears in real life. All standard rooms also have very poor views. Our view was a multistorey carpark. The rooms were clean. The standard rooms only come with a double bed which are hard. The main thing that disappointed us about this hotel was the poor customer service. If you had any enquiries we always received a negative response. Musty smell on the 4th floor. Top floors had a more fresh smell. The hotel is rated 4 star but this hotel should definitely be a 3 star hotel or possibly lower. Positive points are that rooms are clean and location is good as it is right next to the bts station. We only stayed 3 nights however if anyone is likely to stay 5 nights or more i would stay in another hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Jiten N,

I regret to hear that you were not happy during your stayed with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apology and to clarify on your room reservation.

Your reservation was confirmed for the room type called “deluxe room”. It is located on the lower floor 4th – 5th which only few rooms in our inventory. The main lead room category which available on the website called “ Premier Room”.
Please accept my sincere apologize if you were not explained clearly during your reservation with travel agency. We had feedback to your travel agent to update all information on their site as well.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. If I can be your assistance in the near future please contact direct to me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

With warmest reagards,
Noppamassiri Ruanpech Ms
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I always stay on Soi 11 when I travel to Bangkok, the atmosphere and sheer number of restaurants and bars are fantastic and Nana BTS is just around the corner.The Aloft hotel is normally my hotel of choice however on this occasion I decided to try somewhere new and Grand Swiss did not disappoint. I have been working in hotels for over 10 years so I am a little picky when it comes to choosing a new hotel!

The Grand Swiss is a newly renovated, modern hotel in a perfect location towards the end of Soi 11 and within a 5 minute walk of Nana BTS. I spent 3 nights here and had a great stay. I arrived around 11:30am to find that my room was ready to check-in, and not only that, they had kindly offered me a free upgrade and honored my request for a room on a high floor. I checked in to my Grand Executive room which had great views from the 17th floor. Staff were all very pleasant, friendly and helpful from the bellboy who brought my bags up to the Housekeeping ladies that cleaned the room. Talking about Housekeeping...one minor hiccup was that one day I forgot to turn off the DND button and returned late at night to find the room still dirty (my mistake I know), the next day I left the room very early with my make up room button pressed and returned around 4pm and the room had still not been serviced so I had to make a quick call to Housekeeping to get it done. There was also no nightly turn down service. Not big issues for me but normally club guests are given a slightly higher priority.

Club benefits were generally very good, the 180 lounge was very nice, new and trendy and the staff here very friendly and efficient. Not really much atmosphere here in the evenings but the free drinks and snacks between 5:30pm and 7pm were greatly appreciated!

Generally the food served in the hotel was ok... The Room service menu was small but well priced, breakfast again was just average, but the coffee was soo weak it nearly tasted like tea!

A few comments and suggestions.. TV has only 30 channels with many being foreign channels so could do with some more (I've stayed at very small and far cheaper hotels in Bangkok that offer well over 70 channels), no magazines or reading literature in the rooms (except for the BKK Post delivered each morning), No iPod/iPhone connectivity/docking stations, no Pool attendant service. Also, perhaps the hotel needs to find a better way of differentiating between club and non club guests, for example, the first day I used the club floor I was accidentally charged for a coffee because the staff did not have my name/details nor was I informed that I needed to sign the register on the bar before I ordered. One last thing... The WiFi needs looking at especially on the higher floors. The WiFi was so slow in my room that it took probably 30 seconds to post a small Facebook status! Sending messages, emails, photos, etc was just impossible.

Overall, a great stay and I am sure that I will return again next time I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, today
Dear Xaviar84,

We appreciated your valued time to write the constructive feedbacks to us on Trip Advisor.com.

First of all, we would like to thank you for reconsidering to try the new hotel, Grand Swiss Hotel. We were glad to know that we did not disappoint you. It had been nice to hear you enjoyed our room, friendly staff and the club benefits from 180⁰ lounge.

We have noted for the areas improvement which you had points out. Please note that we recently changed the new internet service provider company with the speed increasing. Besides, we changed all new wifi boosters in all floors. We hope we could make your next trip even more pleasant stay with us.

Thank you once again, we all at Grand Swiss Hotel hope to be your destination in Bangkok whenever you return please feel free to contact me directly at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!