“Excellent stay! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok

You added Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 / 23 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Sukhumvit Road | Khlong Toei Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly Swiss Park Hotel Bangkok)   |
Ranked #116 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
“Excellent stay! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Compass Warm Hospitality. Great location, near Nana BTS no problem with food at restaurants nearby. New hotel with spacious rooms and good breakfast variety. Especially like to thank Khun Gift (Hotel Manager) for confirming and extending for us an additional room for one day although the hotel was fully booked.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I am surprised by numerous comments about the good customer service in this Hotel because I must have missed a lot of it during my stay here from 10-13 December 2014.

1. I had to switch back to a standard room from my initial booking of a suite as my family did not make the trip as intended. I explained this point to the front desk and she nodded in acknowledgement. I got my room, only to find that it was still the suite that I initially booked. By then, I was too tired from the flight and it was night, I ended up with paying extra for the suite.

2. I called room service to order a salmon sandwich and cucumber. It wasn't a special menu I dreamt off in my non-existent culinary imagination, I was reading off their menu word for word. The person on the other line insisted that there is no such meal available, and "Did you read our menu?". I was hungry, and I became angry.

3. When Room Service suddenly woke up to the reality that there was indeed such a meal, they called me up. I was hungry, less angry now. I asked her not to add the salad, and substitute it with more fries (remember, I was hungry). She said No, if you want more fries.. they will charge 200 bahts, instead of 130 bahts. I was hungry, and I am definitely angry, and I was disappointed.

4. The service provided by the bell-hop was inconsistent and dependant on the person working. I had to be in the office by 9am on the mornings of 11 and 12 Dec, and the inconsistency is as follow:

11 Dec, 8am - When I asked help from Bell Hop to get a cab, he went out to hail a cab, and I stepped out of the Hotel door to a waiting cab that understood where I wanted to go.

12 Dec, 8am - When I asked help from Bell Hop to get a cab, he assisted me out of the Hotel door and pointed me to the main road and said there are many cabs there. (True Story).

I spent another 20 minutes flagging 3 cabs that had no clue of a word in English, and didn't know where i was going. I had to google an image of my destination building and showed it to the 4th cab driver who unceremoniously charged me an additional 100 bahts after detecting my hint of desperation.

5. Loud music from street level bars and restaurants reached my room on the 12th floor on the Friday night that I was there. Those who need absolute peace or with babies ought to check ahead on this point.

6. Wi-fi in the room is spotty and super slow. Face time was constantly interrupted and this was frustrating.

Summary: While I am under no illusion that everyone in this country should be well versed in English, I was expecting that those who work in the hospitality industry should be capable of communicating effectively.

Verdict: not returning to this hotel, unless absolutely necessary.

Room Tip: Between the standard room and the suite, the former surprisingly allows more natural light due to fl...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We liked the room and the service provided. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous. However, on the second day they did not clean our room inspite of our request for room cleaning, we had to make many calls to get it done.One annoying thing was that they tried to charge us for some bedsheet stain that was never put by us, in any case isn't housekeeping supposed to launder sheets? We refused to pay for it, they were gracious and accepted it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Reims, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at Grand Swiss for a week in September 2014. When we initially arrived, there was an issue with our reservation from booking.com. At this time, we cannot remember her name, but the front desk reception staff member that checked us in was very kind and professional. She booked us another room and made us feel very welcome at the hotel then and throughout the duration of our stay, helping us with any questions we had about Bangkok or the hotel.

Our room was perfect and the hotel cleaning staff kept it clean and tidy every day for us. Every morning the breakfast was great and we especially enjoyed the time that we spent in the early evening at the top floor lounge and bar. The food and drinks were excellent and the staff were more than friendly with us. Having stayed at various hotels throughout many years of international travel, it was nice to have been treated in a very hospitable manner by all staff wherever we went.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at Grand Swiss and plan to stay there again when returning to Bangkok.

Jean & Armand

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here 3 nights the hotel room was basic and very small. There are too many ornaments on the tables and pictures which make the room feel very claustrophobic. The standard room which appears on the website is not how it appears in real life. All standard rooms also have very poor views. Our view was a multistorey carpark. The rooms were clean. The standard rooms only come with a double bed which are hard. The main thing that disappointed us about this hotel was the poor customer service. If you had any enquiries we always received a negative response. Musty smell on the 4th floor. Top floors had a more fresh smell. The hotel is rated 4 star but this hotel should definitely be a 3 star hotel or possibly lower. Positive points are that rooms are clean and location is good as it is right next to the bts station. We only stayed 3 nights however if anyone is likely to stay 5 nights or more i would stay in another hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jiten N,

I regret to hear that you were not happy during your stayed with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apology and to clarify on your room reservation.

Your reservation was confirmed for the room type called “deluxe room”. It is located on the lower floor 4th – 5th which only few rooms in our inventory. The main lead room category which available on the website called “ Premier Room”.
Please accept my sincere apologize if you were not explained clearly during your reservation with travel agency. We had feedback to your travel agent to update all information on their site as well.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. If I can be your assistance in the near future please contact direct to me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

With warmest reagards,
Noppamassiri Ruanpech Ms
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I always stay on Soi 11 when I travel to Bangkok, the atmosphere and sheer number of restaurants and bars are fantastic and Nana BTS is just around the corner.The Aloft hotel is normally my hotel of choice however on this occasion I decided to try somewhere new and Grand Swiss did not disappoint. I have been working in hotels for over 10 years so I am a little picky when it comes to choosing a new hotel!

The Grand Swiss is a newly renovated, modern hotel in a perfect location towards the end of Soi 11 and within a 5 minute walk of Nana BTS. I spent 3 nights here and had a great stay. I arrived around 11:30am to find that my room was ready to check-in, and not only that, they had kindly offered me a free upgrade and honored my request for a room on a high floor. I checked in to my Grand Executive room which had great views from the 17th floor. Staff were all very pleasant, friendly and helpful from the bellboy who brought my bags up to the Housekeeping ladies that cleaned the room. Talking about Housekeeping...one minor hiccup was that one day I forgot to turn off the DND button and returned late at night to find the room still dirty (my mistake I know), the next day I left the room very early with my make up room button pressed and returned around 4pm and the room had still not been serviced so I had to make a quick call to Housekeeping to get it done. There was also no nightly turn down service. Not big issues for me but normally club guests are given a slightly higher priority.

Club benefits were generally very good, the 180 lounge was very nice, new and trendy and the staff here very friendly and efficient. Not really much atmosphere here in the evenings but the free drinks and snacks between 5:30pm and 7pm were greatly appreciated!

Generally the food served in the hotel was ok... The Room service menu was small but well priced, breakfast again was just average, but the coffee was soo weak it nearly tasted like tea!

A few comments and suggestions.. TV has only 30 channels with many being foreign channels so could do with some more (I've stayed at very small and far cheaper hotels in Bangkok that offer well over 70 channels), no magazines or reading literature in the rooms (except for the BKK Post delivered each morning), No iPod/iPhone connectivity/docking stations, no Pool attendant service. Also, perhaps the hotel needs to find a better way of differentiating between club and non club guests, for example, the first day I used the club floor I was accidentally charged for a coffee because the staff did not have my name/details nor was I informed that I needed to sign the register on the bar before I ordered. One last thing... The WiFi needs looking at especially on the higher floors. The WiFi was so slow in my room that it took probably 30 seconds to post a small Facebook status! Sending messages, emails, photos, etc was just impossible.

Overall, a great stay and I am sure that I will return again next time I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

While reading the comments of lawipop below, it prompted me to remember my experience staying at the Grand Swiss back in late May early June. I was travelling on business from Geneva, via BKK and on to Brisbane. I enjoyed my stay here, convenient location off soi 11 and to the BTS. The well appointed room was very comfortable, I especially liked the big walk in shower stall! Great! Breakfast was excellent, good choice and in a nice atmosphere. Equally so the executive lounge on the 19th floor, I enjoyed the view in quietness and comfort. Overall the hotel staff were very helpful. Often there is one notable person that really stands out, I remembered Miss Nim, as mentioned in the review below, she was highly professional in her duties, spoke very good english, even had a wonderful warm sense of humor to make guests feel welcome in Thai culture. She politely recommended places for me to visit. Her kindness was exemplary. Hotel staff can make a huge benefit and contribution to a hotel's business. The Grand Swiss is a good hotel. I hope management recognises the professional skills of Miss Nim !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!