“Great Location and A Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok

You added Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 / 23 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Sukhumvit Road | Khlong Toei Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly Swiss Park Hotel Bangkok)   |
Ranked #122 of 765 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location and A Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The highlight of the hotel is the location- on Sukhumvit, Soi 11, just walking distance from lovely bars, restaurants and shopping. The hotel has a brand new, squeaky clean feel and is staffed by some very efficient folks-mostly ladies. The breakfast was excellent but the best part was the internet that never logged out from any device in the 3 days that I was there. All in all, great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear saber13,

Thank you for your compliments regarding the location, cleanliness and breakfast. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our room, facilities and services.

We are truly happy to know that we have met your expectations, especially for internet connection as we know it is very essential in nowadays.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about your stay with us. We look forward to welcome you once again on your next visit soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lerum, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Me and my family stayed there 3 nights in the beginning of July. From first impression (the security guard) to check out we felt welcome. Lovely staff in all positions. Everyone tried to cheer up my youngest doughter who was a bit tired from the heat and the long flight from Sweden.

The location are perfect. Real close to the BTS. The rooms are great and from 17th floor we had a great view.

The pool area is nice, breakfast is good and all common areas are nice and clean.

So I strongly recommend this hotel. And we will come back for two more nights next week so see you then.

Br Jens Nilsson

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Jens N,

Thank you for taking the time to write the wonderful review regarding your stay at Grand Swiss Hotel. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our rooms, facilities and services.

I have shared your comments with the team and it certainly brought smiles to all of them especially the front desk staff as they remembered your pretty daughters very well. We are truly happy that we were able to make your stay a memorable one.

Thank you once again for strong recommend Grand Swiss Hotel to the others. We all will look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soonest.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Recently opened boutique hotel.....I stayed there this month and was very pleased with the room and staff. It is located directly off Soi 11 (soi 11.5) which adds a bit of quiet from the raucous soi 11 taxi and foot traffic. The rooms are well appointed and decorated and the black out drapes are excellent. The bathroom lighting is adequate but women may find it disappointing for make-up purposes. The mattress quality and air conditioning were very good. Handicapped individuals may find accessing the elevators challenging as there is a staircase leading to them (not sure if there is an alternative access elevator though). Check-in was efficient including an escort to the room. Check-out was a bit extended due to staff not being familiar with their CC machine functions...but overall the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The price point was excellent at approx 1700baht/nt however i have noticed subsequent dates I wish to booked were significantly higher (possible due to Ramadan Holiday) Further tracking will be necessary, but at 1700 baht, the hotel is a very good value....at higher rates i would rate it as an average value. About my only disappointment in the property is that it does not have any form of loyalty program.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear gasman1125,

Thank you for your time to write the review of your stay with us at Grand Swiss Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our room, services and location.

Regarding to your comment on the lighting in room which its designed may difficult for the lady to make up. Please be informed that we are planning to increase the voltage of bulbs very soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Swiss Hotel in the near future.

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Brand new hotel! Fit out is amazing

High quality fit out, good colours and a real homely but posh overall

Absolutely love the hotel

Staff were great, I thought the breakfast was too expensive at 400+ tax

It's located near the entrance of soi 11 down a side street which is a bit messy due construction

The only minor drawback I found was that as soon as you leave the lift you are faced with stairs in front of your face which makes it feel a bit like a business hotel

Ps love the minibar that came with the room, looked like a wine fridge

Thanks grand Swiss, I've rebooked the hotel for this week again

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear losttravellerfromoz,

It’s always with our great pleasure to hear that the services provided by our staff are always truly appreciated.

We delighted to hear you love our Grand Swiss. Thank you for compliments on the hotel designed, the high quality fit out, the color and the location. Regarding to your comment on the messy street near the hotel where it belongs to the other, we have closely coordinated with them to ensure they will keep the area nice.

We will look forward to providing you with the best service in your next return visit very soonest at Grand Swiss Hotel. Please feel free to contact me at hm@grandswissbangkok.com.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a fabulous property. Spend the extra few dollars for the Executive Room, which grants access to the lounge and some other amenities. We stayed in room 1809, which is the top floor and enjoyed wonderful views from the floor to ceiling windows. It is also convenient to the lounge which is just outside your door up a short flight of stairs where you'll be treated to treats daily.

The room was spotless and everything was brand new, with a wonderfully comfortable king bed with soft Western mattress and pillows. More importantly, it was quiet and the closed curtains blacked out the entire room! The bathroom was beautiful, including the newly tiled rain shower and soft, plush towels.

The location is ideal, with lots to easily get too in both directions by foot or BTS train. It's tucked back just off of Soi 11 on a street with no traffic and no shadiness. It made for a pleasant walk home.

The only, and I mean only thing I would want changed would be the water temperature. Maybe it was this suite in particular, but room temperature was as hot as it would get. There wasn't an ounce of warm water.

Needless to say I'll be back again. I can only assume they'll work out the glitches with the hot water. I certainly hope they do so I can add the 5th star on my next review. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear beau3636,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us on Trip Advisor.com.

I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stayed in our executive room with club lounge benefit. The 180⁰lounge is a privilege for all guests who stay in executive room where you can enjoy relaxing in the sky lounge atmosphere with complimentary drinks and snacks throughout the daytime in a top view.

Regarding to your comment on the hot water, it would be appreciated if you could provide me with more specific details at hm@grandswissbangkok.com then I can ensure that your next return visit will only be more satisfaction.

Thank you for considering giving us the 5th star rating on your next return visit. We will look forward to providing you with the greatest service.

With warmest regareds,

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

...and was incredibly pleased! I don't usually write reviews, but felt the need to do so after staying here to sing the praises of this new hotel. The staff (specifically Joey and Six) were incredibly helpful and welcoming during my 2 AM check-in. The room (Executive) was on the 17th floor, had floor to ceiling windows, a gigantic comfortable bed, a rain shower the size of my bedroom at home (I may be slightly exaggerating), and was incredibly clean. For being so close to all the action of NaNa, Chitlom, Ploenchit, etc., the room was silent-I slept better than I have in ages!

I was in BKK only for a weekend, but the location of the hotel was ideal for shopping, for easily finding REAL Thai restaurants as well as other international cuisines, and the location next to NaNa station made it incredibly easy to get most places cheap and fast (including the airport), but you can easily walk 5 minutes to find anything you may need.

Did I mention it was only 50 USD/night? Sure you can find cheaper places in BKK, but if you're looking for a hassle-free hotel with incredible staff, services, and amenities, this is the number one place you should be thinking about.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the staff are always smiling and willing to help out with anything. I will be staying here again next time I'm in town!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Noppamassiri R, Manager at Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear PatrickGD123,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to recognize our staff. I have shared your feedback with them, especially to Joey and Six. They are all very happy to know that their hard efforts to satisfy our guests are appreciated and remembered.

We are truly happy to know that our location, product and service met your expectations and encourage you to come back to stay with us in the future.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My first time in Grand Swiss hotel - I would say I was very pleased. Stayed with my family from June 21 - 27, 2014. We booked grand executive and to our utter surprise, we were upgraded to suite. My wife and the kids loved our stay in the hotel. Starting from the reception to the executive lounge - the hotel personnel were very helpful and courteous. We enjoyed the breakfast even with limited choice - though the kids were sleeping late and missed breakfast everyday.

I am not good at remembering names but do remember K.Toto who checked us in. While in the lounge I am indebted to K.Mind and K.Mai for attending to us whenever we went in for coffee or snacks. Thanks all

Nadeem Firdousi
Bangladesh

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nadeem F,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

It is always with our pleasure to hear that we could create our guest with a memorable experience. The connecting rooms that we provided for you were designed to ensure that its provided with the most comfortable and enjoyable to the family stay and we were happy your family love it.

I have shared your encouraging review to K. Toto, K. Mind, K. Mai and all team members. Your review is a big reward to us. We all thank you for your recognition on our hard works and we will keep continuing to provide all guests with the best service.

Hotel manager

Been to Grand Swiss Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!