“Nice hotel at Silom Road.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silom Serene

You added Silom Serene to your Saves list
Silom Serene
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Soi Pipat Silom Road, Bangkok 10500, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Ranked #274 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice hotel at Silom Road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This 3-star-hotel is very well situated in a small soi from Silom Road. It´s only about 10 minutes walk to the Skytrain station Sala Daeng and Silom Complex. From Sala Daeng it´s two stops to Siam with the shopping centers Paragon and Central World. This hotel is relatively simple and cosy, and not one of the big hotels in Bangkok. However it´s clean and there´s a nice smaller restaurant where also the breakfast is served. The staff is attentive and friendly. Unfortunately there´s only wifi in the lobby and the restaurant.
To conclude this is a nice hotel with a very good location in the central of Bangkok where you will certainly get value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the window on the poolside, since there can be some traffic in the soi on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cammeray, NSW, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

On my recent holiday I used this hotel twice for a good nights rest between flights.
It is a quick taxi ride from the international airport (400 Baht fixed price for the city->airport trip).
The hotel is no longer as new and well maintained as it was when I first started staying here, but the staff are friendly as always, the pool and gym rarely crowded, and the breakfast tasty. On both occasions I had no issues with the cleanliness or facilities in my room. As others have said the location of this hotel is perfect, just about everything you might need on a short stay is steps away from he front door - yet the hotel itself is quiet.

Helpful hint: In peak hours there is not a right turn on Silom Road into the lane where the hotel is. This can catch out taxi drivers from the airport. Always print out a map of where the hotel is to give to your taxi driver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed here several times; most of my visits are for business purpose. The location of this hotel is very conveniently located between major business centres and happening night life area. It is surrounded by lots of pubs & cubs, Japanese street, Patpong night market and etc. This is a very decent hotel with reasonable price, very pleasant service....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at their sister Hotel in Hua Hin and that was really great. Thought it will be the same in BKK...I follow their advise and end up in a dump Hotel!!!!!!!

Room are very large but sooo ugly, old and dirty. You do feel like it is always humid also.

I felt i was staying in a hotel where Tourist get trapped and ripped off. It was clear that no one has paid the same rate.

The Manager tried to make us pay 1500 Bhat (50$) to go to airport when it cost only 10$!!!!!when we ask her to book us a Taxi upon check in for our check out.

On the morning we nicely ask Mr Water the Belle Boy to book us 2 x taxi meter as we were 9 (Family) He came back to me saying that we will have to wait 30mn. I found it strange and ask why - then I got it!!!!!! He was trying to get us 2 x Private Taxi at 1500$ Bhat again and when I insisted to get a meter Taxi.....he just refused.

I am sorry and it does make me feel bad. But there are nothing good about this Hotel at all.....

Would I stay there again - Of course NOT.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at this city center hotel for 2 nights.My room on the second floor was spacious and clean,Plenty of nice fluffy towels and a bathrobe.For a central city Hotel just off the Busy Silom road I slept very well undisturbed in a very comfortable bed.The bathroom had Tub plus shower and the usual accessories.Plenty of tea and coffee for that early morning cuppa..The breakfast buffet was excellent and a choice of how you want your eggs done.It also has a small pool and relax area at the back of the hotel which i enjoyed once i got back from the hot busy streets,A nice place to relax with very attentive staff.The price was right for me and I was happy to have chosen this Hotel.The wi fi was free in the restaurant and public areas only I really think all Hotels should offer free Wi Fi nowadays.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor city view room,But was good for me and I slept very well .i like to wake t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
De Panne, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Small size hotel which is ideally loacated to visit the Silom area and which is approx 10 min from the Sala Daeng BTS station. Breakfast is sufficient, having enough choice. We dined also regularly in the resto and did never need to complain. Globally the price/quality for this hotel is more than above average

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Silom Serene for 3 nights in April. The location was great - no problem getting to the sky train. Every time we needed a taxi, one was available in minutes. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which included both a variety of Thai and Western foods. We could build our own omelette. Wi-fi was available. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning worked great, too. There was a small fitness center and a pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We went on a 12 hour day trip our last day and our luggage was kept for us and we could shower before heading off to the airport. Considering we bathed elephants this was much appreciated. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Silom Serene? Share your experiences!