“Great coffee and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Town Cafe Bangkok

Old Town Cafe Bangkok
130/11-12 Fueang Nakhon Road | Wang Burapha Phirom, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
+66 81 810 8456
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 8,056 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Bakery, Ice Cream, Café, Sandwiches
Description: Situated in the old town area of Bangkok, Our Cafe' is in walking distance from the magnificent Grand Palace and Wat Po. Old Town Cafe' will be serving you with a nice coffee, asian style baguette sandwiches, and more.
Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
“Great coffee and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had hard times letting the taxi whereabouts (the eternal problem with BKK taxi driver not speaking English) but I gave them a ring and they gave the taxi driver a clear directions. It was a bit far from my hotel but I believe it did worth it. I am always in a search for a great cup of coffee. I thought it is going to be busy but it was only me this late afternoon (They close at 4 by the way and Thursdays as far as I can remember) I fell in love with the retro design of the place. I got coffee and I let them know the I am vegan. The coffee was great and the sandwich and bread was really tasty. I had another drink then I headed off. The bill was not expensive at all. Definitely going back next time. highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Kritmu, Owner at Old Town Cafe Bangkok, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you very much for coming to our cafe and enjoying your time.:)

Vietnam
“Perfect Cup of Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Old Town Cafe is a cozy little place with fantastic service and coffee. We stayed across the way, at Feung Nakhorn Balcony Hotel, and found the Old Town Cafe to be very convenient. Items sampled include espresso, americano, and multi-grain baguette with pate. The owner was very nice and the music was uplifting.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kritmu, Owner at Old Town Cafe Bangkok, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you very much for enjoying our cafe' and help us fine tuning the leaflet. :) :)
Bangkok, Thailand
“Unique place - A rare example of kindness and great attitudes along with quality and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I liked and enjoyed the ambience: simple and cheap, warm, with a nice background music.
The snacks are very good. The ice cream was delicious: far away from the industrial products you can find anyhere else in town.

Value for money is excellent (grr...unfortunately I have spent a fortune in transportation while reaching the place).

And now let's talk about service. The attitudes of the girl who received me are great: very smiling girl, soft and lovely voice, very kind and attentive. And honestly, with such kind welcome, my overall perception could be only great. Same story for the guy (I think they are married): very kind and hospitable.
I sincerly think that anyone in town who demands or pretends to be in hospitality business (or any other business) should pay a visit to Old Town Cafe': they know how to take care of people, they know how to put people in a great mood.

I regreat I could not rate the service more than EXCELLENT.

Ideal place for breakfast, light lunch break, snack and coffee time.
Please note that they open only from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kritmu, Owner at Old Town Cafe Bangkok, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you very much for visiting and enjoying our cafe'. We're very happy to serve you:). Hope to see you again.
Bangkok, Thailand
““Lovely meals””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

ts often the case in Thailand but once your face becomes known, you get a much better service experience. We've gotten friendly with a few of the staff there now and they do smile - well almost all of them - even when we walk by on the street. It has been deathly quiet in Bangkok of late but we have ended up eating in here most days... the food is solid and reliable and just about good value although I can get away with the Mrs eating noodles once in a while and save some money. Overall, if you are in this area, worth a visit to top up on the carbs.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kritmu, Owner at Old Town Cafe Bangkok, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Good but nothing to come back for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were there because of high ranking on Tripadvisor so why not to check it out. The place is cool in a way, the drink was average. If you lived near by then yes why not going to have a cup of coffee there but if you live far out then it is not worth it to go.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kritmu, Owner at Old Town Cafe Bangkok, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks for coming to our cafe'