“A place to bring the artist out in you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Himapan Gallery

Himapan Gallery
35/14 Sukhumvit 31, Soi Sawasdee | Khlongton Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
+(66)(0) 852 44 86 22
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 459 Activities in Bangkok
Type: Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Shanghai, China
“A place to bring the artist out in you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Himapan Gallery is a place not just for the best Asian antique furnitures and decors but they also have wonderful workshops for those who wants to discover their inner creativity. I went to a lotus painting workshop with a group of girlfriends and we had a fun time. Mixing the colors in the beginning was quite daunting for me but with Catherine's help (owner and artist extra-ordinaire who discovered the beautiful art of painting on dried lotus leaves canvass) and patience I was able to produce a beautiful piece that I was really happy about. It was unforgettable and they really made me feel that I do have hope of being an artist!! I can't wait for my second workshop in a couple of weeks. I highly recommend this place.

• Hebrew first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Create a masterpiece in a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I spent a fantastic day at Himapan Gallery with a small group of friends and the very personable hosts, Teck and Catherine while we painted on lotus leaf canvas. It's a day spent exploring colors and painting techniques, chatting with friends and listening to peaceful music in a cozy studio awash in sunlight. Catherine and Teck were patient and provided gentle guidance as I tried to find just the right color and pattern for my masterpiece! I'm thrilled with the outcome and cannot wait to have it hanging in my home. If you enjoy art (no matter your skill level) - take this class!

3 attraction reviews
“Fun, creative, painting experience even for a novice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tek and Catherine are a lovely couple very passionate about Asia and all that Asia has to offer. They like to talk about culture, art, antiques etc. They have some beautiful antique furniture. Amongst all this I attended an Art/Painting class thru the American Womens association of Bangkok. Its basically panels/canvas of dried lotus leaves and this is where your creativity begins. They are very helpful, guide you well and you end up with a piece of Art that is unique and lovely. Highly recommend this place to anyone who is already artistic or wants to experience something new ( as I did)-Thank you to you both.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Unique and fun painting experiece: One-of-a-kind Bangkok activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Tek and Catherine are two very kind hosts. Amongst their beautiful antiques, I was able to really relax while I did their lotus leaf painting class. Catherine is a proficient painter and was able to guide me as I painted. My canvas/lotus leaves turned out great! I don't paint often, maybe once a year, but, I was really happy how my painting turned out and I already have it up on my wall. This activity is a one of a kind activity for Bangkok because no one else does anything like this. It's a quality time activity that is fun by yourself or I can imagine it would be great with a group of friends painting together in the quiet zen gallery.
I have definitely recommended Himapan Gallery to my friends, the painting class was fun and successful, the atmosphere relaxing, and the guides were supportive and knowledgeable.
Thanks for the great time!

Visited December 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“1 of a kind souvenirs and life long, unique antique pieces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

For a friend's birthday, a group of us girls went to Himapan to take the lotus leaf painting class. It was a lot of fun and both Teck and Catherine were very patient and knowledgeable teachers. The group of us all came away with paintings as unique and individual as our personalities. Many of us were nervous about having no real artistic ability but many of the techniques and styles were easy to do and barely even required a paintbrush. They showed us a variety of pictures and colors to help us make the right choices and 3 hours later: poof we were professionals! The BIGGEST problem is you have to walk through their gorgeous antiques to get to the painting studio. Come for the paintings, leave with a chinese antique! I will say, after speaking with Teck, the antiques and furniture they sell are legitimate and unique. The pictures of both him and Catherine hand picking the furniture and restoring the pieces show they are a legitimate seller. They have a passion for antiques as art and put a high amount of pride and work into making sure their furniture is restored and brought back to new life. I'm impressed with the creativity and ideas these owners have and am looking forward to visiting their shop often!

Visited December 2013