“Long gone splendor...” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #214 of 411 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: A true Bangkok clubbing institution for the past 14 years, Qup Bangkok has been the destination for discerning party people on Soi 11. Voted by BK Readers Choice Awards as the best Bar in Bangkok every year since 2005. Party under the stars at Qup's outdoor terrace with our live band playing all your favourite hits along with world class DJs every night of the week. Add our sexy dancers and Signature cocktails along with nightly drink promotions and you have one of the hottest night spots in Bangkok!
Singapore, Singapore
“Long gone splendor...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A wannabe upscale "pick-up" place, that's what the Qbar has turned into over the years...That's not entirely their fault : The BKK night scene is dull (This is an euphemism), the Thai professionals don't go out much during the week and don't want to mingle with the foreign mongers, and many other local factors...You end up with a very limited quality places on offer for a city of that size. Still Qbar carries a better selection of spirits than most places, hosts from time to time great DJ's and can be a OK chill lounge. But what a headache to be surrounded by dozens of pretty agressive hookers (Who very often pretend to be something else...). Don't bring your wife/GF there, you'll both feel out of place.

Visited February 2013
TravelinMattQBar, Public Relations Manager at Q Bar Bangkok, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello George I apologize your experience in Q Bar was not Q Bar up to the splendor you remembered it as. Q Bar has been going thru its growing pains as 14 years in Bangkok we are experimenting with new things and have alot of new people joining our team. We thank you for still agreeing that we have good cocktails, great DJ's and we are still good for chilling out in. We tried for a bit to allow free entry for everyone which due to our proximity to Nana brought some undesirable and yes aggressive ladies. In the last couple of months we have reinstated our cover charge although please understand Wednesdays and Sundays are ladies nights so with all ladies entering free we still get some aggressive ones but the expensive cover has helped bring some class back to our bar. In the end we cannot prevent the working girls from entering just based on looks but we do our best to keep known offenders out and if you would happen to visit us again hope you inform up of women being aggressive. We do our best to provide the best and hope you will give us another chance sometime. Should you decide to visit us again I would happily grant you free entry on any night you choose just email me at party@qbarbangkok.com

london
41 attraction reviews
“young and trendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Our hotel just round the corner gave us a voucher for a 10% discount on a drink for each of us, and as this bar was also mentioned positively in various publications, we gave it a go. It was a bit early and a Monday night (free entry), but there were enough people to give it some atmosphere. There were quite a few empty reserved seats so we were led to a dark corner where we ordered some expensive cocktails and gave the waitress our voucher. She refused to accept it, giving a lame and made up excuse. After we persevered and she had checked with the manager, she agreed it was valid and took our order.
Having been to many bars and restaurants which were so friendly, we were not getting the same vibe here. This may be because this bar is clearly for the trendy and preferably young. My wife and I are certainly not the former and questionable regarding the latter! So if you are under 30 and trendy - go and enjoy...if you are not, don't bother.

Visited November 2012
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
“The owner of Q-Bar seemed a little odd to me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I went to Q-Bar several times on my last visit to Bangkok, a little bit the trendy it crowd. Some days they have a special DJ and charge 700 Baht entrance fee. Drinks are pricy for Bangkok standards. But one thing that that felt really odd to me, the owner seemed to be a little biased. I went early one night, and it was not that crowded. The owner (I think a French man) would walk around and introduce himself selectively to certain people: white people and most of the girls. First time I thought it was a coincidence. Second time I was just wondering. But the third time I saw that, it could not be a coinicdence anymore. He would walk around and clearly introduce himself and shake hands only to white crowds and to all the girls.

After that I decided not to go there anymore, it was a little turn off to see this in the Land of smiles.

Visited March 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Party Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Loved this place and its party vibe.

We werre able to really let our hair down and party like crazy people.

We went on a Sunday night (three girls and one guy), so the girls got in for free and I had to pay. I think it was 700 baht, but compared to all the oither clubs on the soi, Q Bar was the only one that was rocking.

Great hiphop music downstairs and a nice outdoor balcony for smokers and people wanting to relax.

Drinks were strong and quite expensive. But asthe girls had two free drinks for ladies night, we couldn't complain.

They have a sister club down the street called Bash. It's a late night venue and we got free entry there too...

Visited November 2012
France
“Great party location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Up on Soi 11 in Sukumvit, this is a great and trendy place to have a drink, a dance and enjoy the female beauties. We visited Q-Bar in Samui several time, but this was the first time in Qbar Bangkok.
The drinks are quite expensive for bangkok norms. The music is mostly hiphop and great. Many pretty young girls around.

Visited October 2012