“Awesome steak” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 7,182 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: A modern fish and beef grill style restaurant that celebrates culinary legacies with a showcase of classic dishes cooked the way they were meant to be served. Hours of operation: Dinner: 17:00 – 23:00 hrs.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Awesome steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we were seated right in front of the band, at first i was worried that it would be too loud but it was just perfect. The steak was really juicy and tender. Great service!

• Visited June 2014

• Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Great high end restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We fell in the door of this restaurant following a long flight as it was nearby and highly rated on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. We had made no reservation and the restaurant was full but the staff made all efforts to accommodate us and find us a table. The food (particularly the steaks) were delicious and the service and staff extremely good-our food was ever so slightly delayed due to the high number of people in the restaurant but the staff immediately gave us a complimentary glass of wine each and made sure we were well stocked on some delicious breads in the interim. Great if you are looking for high end dining in Bangkok.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BKKMS_Marriott, Manager at The District Grill Room and Bar, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Seb M,

Thank you for your prompt review of your experience at The District.

It was good to see you and I’m glad that we managed to find you a table within reasonable time.

I’m happy you enjoyed your steaks and our signature bread.

I apologize for the short delay and at the same time thank you for your understanding as we were fully booked at that time.

It’s an honor to know you chose us for your first dinner in Bangkok and I hope to see you both again in the near future.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Very nice for a good steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

As anytime I want one of the best g steak grilled properly this is my choice.

I usually take the US Angus, this time I went for the Japanese Beef, its has been simply amazing, melting in the mouth.

Great desserts, but best is the Apple Pie

Coffee shall be improved, its ok but for an Italian as me, I like a very good espresso after my meal, and this is not
Well recommended for a very good steak or proper grilled fish, a bit price but very worth.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear GuiseppeR R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The District.

It is good to know that you enjoyed your steak, if you would like to try something different then please return for our sumptuous tomahawk steak from Australia.

Our apple pie is proving to be a big hit with our guests and I’m glad you enjoyed it too!

I appreciate your feedback regarding our coffee, we have made slight adjustments to our coffee machine to ensure a much better espresso.

I hope to see you again soon at The District.

Sunshine Coast
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We were seated right in front of the action in the kitchen where the flames were a spectacular feature through glass.
Dim lighting and gorgeous dark brown and gold tones created a stunning atmosphere at night. The light strum of a Spanish guitarist and absolutely superb service, food and wines to match.

Entrees were warm crab, and a prawn dish. Mains were the rib eye with creamed spinach, and the pork belly.. Absolutely devine dishes, steak cooked medium rare to how I like it, with your own choice of sauce.
I also had the French red wine.
We were blown away by the quality of service, food and attention to detail..
Eg; the waiter brings a selection of steak knives for you to choose from. It was overall a fabulous experience and one you should't miss if in bangkok, especially if you are staying at the Marriott on Sukhumvit.

Dear Rewabred,

I would like to thank you for your kind and detailed review.

It's a great pleasure to myself and my team to know that you enjoyed your food, service and surroundings. We take pride in ensuring that all our guests are made to feel welcome and well looked after.

I'm particularly glad you enjoyed the "live cooking show" and our colourful steak knives.

As you liked the spanish guitar, please try to visit again on Friday for our Jazz night or on Saturday for Blues.

I look forward to seeing you again soon,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fire without the smoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The staff were very attentive and smiley. The 'open kitchen' emanating scents of meats being grilled provided a great focal point. As chef Chris promised, the food was amazingly good. My husband was pleased with his steak - but the apple pie blew him away as the crust and filling were exactly how his mother used to prepare it! The only problem was that they initially seated us very near the stage. The "jazz band" was too loud and did not allow for any form of conversation. Overall, a lovely experience with which to end our short trip to Bangkok.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

BKKMS_Marriott, Manager at The District Grill Room and Bar, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear VivLeeAbdullah,

Thank you for taking the time to post a kind review of The District.

I'm glad your husband enjoyed his steak and also our classic apple pie.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the noise level from the band, I will make sure the volume level is not too intrusive in the future.

I hope to see you both again when you return to Bangkok!

Manager - The District Grill Room & Bar