“Good to try, I only tried the Ice Cream” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dubai
“Good to try, I only tried the Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The place is always busy I dinned in for dessert only and it was for one time and the 2 other times was a take away thing.

I tried the fruit dip chocolate portion it was not bad but they serve you less fruits than what you expect and what you pay for. I couldn’t see it was that woow for me.

I also tried the hot chocolate that they spill it over the egg hard chocolate, it was also nice but still the prices are expensive.

I never tried their food so I cannot comment on that.

I went later on 2 time to create my own Ice Cream, which I think is the best for me I loved what I created and made for myself and I was enough for one person. You should try this mix; Milk Chocolate + Vanilla Ice cream + Browne+ Corn Flakes + Marshmallow + white chocolate, wooow you will love it.

It’s a good place to take your dessert with you and walk.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had heard about this place, a temporary resto set up by Magnum, and had to try it out. Summary... Poor service, in a mall basement, over priced bars, smothered in junk. I have learned... Magnums are meant to be eaten in front of the tv, straight up no coatings. And this place is to be avoided unless you like gimmicks.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“I'm in heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Having a cafe and icecream with the same name as my business, meant that I could not possibly walk past the Magnum Cafe in Bangkok, the Foie Gras and chocolate terrine with brandy marmalade was to die for! Likewise the Cheese platter! The whole theme is great, a real chocoholics dream centre, pity about the service though, obviously because this cafe is only open for 5 months, they have put little emphasis on training their staff, so don't expect flash service but you can be sure of beautiful food. Going back next week!

San Francisco
“Like a kid in a candy store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I got hooked on Magnum Bars while traveling in New Zealand and Australia. I stumbled across the Magnum Cafe in Bangkok. I only had the custom magnum bars -- I did not eat at the restaurant. The bars were amazing. I went for the dark chocolate coating with sea salt, white chocolate chips & coconut. I went there 5 times in 12 days in Bangkok. I guess it's a good thing I don't see these at home -- I think I would gain about 15 kilos.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Go here while you still can. Open for 5 months only!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We walked past this and knew we just had to try it. What could be better than creating your own magnum? A menu full of mains which include magnum chocolate as an ingredient, that's what!
The cafe is like a boutique, dishes are small in comparison to standard restaurants but so rich in flavour that they are enough. We had 'wicked spag bol' and the 'Waldorf pizza'. Which were both amazing!
The coctails (220B) we lovely and well peesented with fresh fruit.
The service was quick, friendly and polite. The staff spoke good English too.
The atmosphere we good; mood lighting, good music etc.
The best bit has to be the magnum creations though, for 80B choose whether you want a milk or dark chocolate coating, three toppings and a drizzle. I had a milk chocolate magnum with popcorn, white choc chunks and dried cherry drizzled with what choc. It was soooo yummy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere