“Amazing Hotel, Marriott as I like it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit

You added Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Sukhumvit Soi 57 | Klongtan Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Wattana)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #72 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
prague
“Amazing Hotel, Marriott as I like it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

As a MR Plat I was upgraded to the suite during the checkin on the mobile app (which is a great functionality btw) so I knew where I will be staying and was looking forward to my stay. The room was great - big, separate living room and bedroom, nice and spacy bathroom. Lounge was also nice with great views. Rooftop bar is benefit :-). Area was also great so next time in BKK will stay definitely here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BKKMS_Marriott, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Martin K,

Thank you for your review and recommending the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit again soon.

Gerrit Graef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights could not fault the hotel or staff location to the BTS was great a 2 minute walk , good room, great showers, comfy beds and great value for the money we did not eat at the hotel so we could not comment but what seen looked nice

Dear bossmanGlasgow,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for your great comment on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that you will come back to us again in near future.

Best regards,

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed in Marriott Sukhumvit last April 2014 with my fiance after our beach trip in Koh Samed. I used my Marriott Rewards points to stay here and the staff were more than accommodating to us. We arrived quite early so we stayed at the Executive Lounge (Marriott Rewards Gold perks) while we wait for the room to be available.

The choices of food at the lounge were a variety. Of course you must not expect a buffet meal since this is just a lounge. I did enjoy the Green Tea ice cream though. :)

Our room was a good size and the bathroom was amazing! It has the view of Bangkok which could freak out others I believe.

The location is also good since it is just a less than 5 minute walk to the BTS Thong Lo station.

The breakfast food is good too.. I am soo happy they got my selection cut favorite - Prosciutto and Smoked Salmon and Brie. :D

The pool was amazing. It was an infinity pool like since you can see Bangkok while you take a dip in it.

Hoping to be back here soon. :D

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer view of the city :)
Dear sweetchiqchel,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

We do noted that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We would love to have you back soon.

Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Normally we head for hotels with quirky character than the sleek and stylish 5 star resorts, however due to a unique trip to Bangkok this time, we decided to head for a little more pampering and chose the Marriott 57.
Certainly had reservations that the hotel may lack character, however settled in very nicely to the luxury.
The staff were excellent - Very helpful, professional, efficient and (as usual in Thailand) extremely polite and warm. Rooms were very modern and masculine, and the bathroom with the deep circular bath overlooking the city was a treat!
The rooftop bar has excellent views of the city, as the hotel is situated a couple of km's from the heart of the CBD, therefore you can see the skyline from a small distance. What else made the view exceptional was the fact the Marriott stands at around 40 floors, therefore you view the hotel from a horizontal aspect, unlike the other rooftop bars where you peer down on the city. Although slight, it made quite a difference.
Drinks are expensive up here, but what would you expect from a prime view of the city.
All in all, a very pleasant stay, would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: request a room facing west
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BKKMS_Marriott, General Manager at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Dins-n-Jane,

It is with much pleasure to see the review you have kindly posted on this forum and I like to thank you for recommending the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit as the great place to stay in Bangkok.

It is gratifying to note that you have come to appreciate the consistently high service standards at the hotel.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon again and sending you very best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the Marriott on our way home after spending a week in Koh Samui. In hindsight we should've stayed longer here....

Everything about this hotel is excellent, nice comfy bed with soft fluffy pillow, breakfast was fabulous with so many varieties I was kicking myself for not staying longer.

I will try to list everything as I remember it here.

Room:
We were staying on the 29th floor, the view is amazing. Bed and pillow are so comfy we didn't want to get up the next morning. Bathroom is spacious with rain shower and the amenities are excellent with the always needed shaving kit included.

Breakfast:
Our package came with breakfast and I loved the noodle station and the many variety of dishes provided. Pasta, mini burgers, noodles, rice, curries and egg station. Dessert table consist of many different pastries, fresh bread and even bread and butter pudding. There is also waffle, crepe and pancake station... Lots of variety of fruits too.

Location:
Excellent location with only 2 minutes walk to Thong Lor BTS station. We didn't use taxi or tuk tuk the whole time we were in Bangkok as the BTS and MRT were very easy to use.

There are also plenty of things to eat around the hotel. There is a mini traditional market in front of the hotel each morning with snacks that you can buy. At night time there are plenty street food seller around the hotel. There is a street next to the BTS stairs that sells heaps of different type of food. We ate there the last night, curry and rice cost around 50 Baths which is AUD 1.6 and coconut ice cream was 20 Bahts. Highly recommend to try while you're in the area.

Octave Bar (Rooftop Bar):
Now, this is where I found that the hotel needs to improve. After a long day of walking we loved to just sit and enjoyed a few cocktails on the roof top bar. BUT, the service was awful, either the place was understaffed or the staff wasn't paying attention enough to the guests. We had problem finding someone to take our order both nights we were there which was a bit disappointing considering the amount of money we paid for a cocktail.

The cocktail list also didn't list a normal cocktail but I found out that you could order it. I wish the staff told me this in the beginning so I didn't have to choose one from their signature drinks which were not that nice.

The Bad:
On our first night, someone rang our door bell at 4.15am!!!! Then he/she opened the door and turned on the lights.... Before we had time to dress and checked what was happening they quickly turned off the lights again and left. The damage for us was done though cos we were woken up and was a bit upset by then.

The next morning we went to the reception and asked to talk to the manager. After explaining what happened to the receptionist, she went inside to talk to the manager.

The manager came up and said that she just spoke to the house keeping and they went into the wrong room, sorry. The house keeping meant to go to the next floor and they came onto our floor instead. Sorry about that.

I thought that she didn't handle it quite well as that was quite a big mistake to make by entering someone's room at 4am in the morning and the only thing she said just sorry.

Anyway, that won't stop us going back, but for that I will only give this hotel a 3 stars rating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear nathansmum74,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you for your review. It with much regret to learn that we didn't provide a seamless experience throughout your stay. This is not what we are normally standing for. I found your review professional and to be just and I will work together with my team to iron out those discrepancies you have encountered.

Thai people normally take pride in providing superior service excellence. As a Management Team we have to ensure that this happens on a consistent basis.

I would much appreciate if you could decide to stay with us again the next time you are in Bangkok by contact thru my assistance via email at Sudarat.S@marriott.com

Thank you for your comments once more and sending you best regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel has exactly what it tajes to be a global leader excellence in guest experience. From the second I arrived I was treated to kindness, friendliness, and a truly high quality stay. The Thong Lor area is great for foodies, massage, and shopping as well!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear JohnathonV,

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and my team was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip.

Brewster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Staying at this hotel was really a wonderful experience, from the front desk, to the concierge, to the Executive lounge staff. I had just had some plastic surgery & was very self conscious about my appearance, so I patronized the Executive Lounge for breakfast & cocktail hour, rather than going out in public. The staff made me feel comfortable & were very friendly & helpful.
The property itself is stunning with great attention to detail.
My room had a porcelain vessel tub surrounded by carrera marble with a city view. WOW!
I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Cynhoff,

Warm Greeting from Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback on TripAdvisor. Your feedback not only endorse such belief and are great testimony to our associate but will also serve an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which we are renowned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit again hopefully very soon.

Best regards,

Gerrit Graef

Been to Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!