“Buffet lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Medinii Restaurant Bangkok

Medinii Restaurant Bangkok
413 Sukhumvit Road (Near Asoke BTS & Sukhumvit MRT Interchange Stations) | The Continent Hotel, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
+66 2 686 7000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #267 of 7,811 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Medinii is the hotel's lofty Italian with Asian flavor restaurant and offers the feeling of intimate dining and inspiring venue setting. It is located on the 35th Floor with amazing city views. Its dining and seating options, high ceiling, floor-to-ceiling wall panels that can be adjusted for dining privacy, a private dining room, and great service all work to create a memorable dining experience.
Singapore, Singapore
“Buffet lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Discovered this hidden gem when I accompanied my friend for a meeting there! Cold starters were out buffet style along with yummy desserts but hot courses were selected and cooked fresh to order ( as many as you can eat!) restaurant had stunning views and was not too large so felt intimate. The menu wasn't vast but was beautifully cooked and presented. When we arrived in the hotel lobby which was beautifully decorated and furnished we had to wait awhile and were immediately brought a lovely cold juice great touch. The staff were all very friendly and were there if you needed them but remained in the background when not needed. I believe they are planning a Gala New Years dinner then drinks on the rooftop to see the new year in sounds great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Bangkok, Thailand
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my second visit to Medini Restaurant and both times I came away thinking the food was absolutely fabulous! My salmon was cooked to perfection and I must have sampled every dessert that was offered as part of the lunch buffet...the creme brulee was divine! The dining room looks out on the city of Bangkok and the view at night is spectacular! The room lends itself to a warm and cozy feeling, very romantic! The special attraction for me was the classic jazz standards, performed by a lovely young diva from Holland by the name of Athalie Koenig and her wonderful pianist.

My second visit was during the day and the warmth we felt coming from the staff made us feel like we were special guests! It was evident that the employees loved their work and were doing all they possibly could to make this a memorable experience for all of us!

I had the privilege of meeting the new F&B manager, Jason Maclead and the lovely, exuberant PR and event manager, Malin Bylund. It was so refreshing to sense their genuine enthusiasm for their work and I was impressed that they took time out of their busy schedule to meet with us. The room was filled with happy guests, enjoying the magic of the moment!

I am spreading the word that this is where you want to be for any special occasion...Guys, this is the perfect place to propose to your special gal, so don't waste another moment! I highly recommend this lovely venue for any and every occasion!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“buffet breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

its the same spread over the 2 days. saving grace - egg station and a small asian spread. Dont bother with the waffles and pancakes, they were pre-cooked therefore it gets hard when it is cold.

Visited June 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great lunches at The Continent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Newly I discovered the Hotel Continent near Asok in Bangkok. Met the Swedish PR and event managerin Malin Bylund, who took me for a tour in the hotel. What a nice place to stay at. Colourful rooms, a magnificent view overlooking Bangkok's skyline. Had the pleasure to enjoy the Buffet lunch at the Italian inspired restaurant Medivii. Great food and excellent service. Went back for another lunch short after my first visit and there will be more lunches and brunches in the future. Enjoyed the apart and well informed Malin. She is a real asset to the place. I am happy to meet such a lovely compatriot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“Best Buffet Lunch Definitely Worth it to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We will say we LOVE it. Best pasta lots of cheese and fresh salmon for the price we paid, definitely worth it

Visited May 2013