“Treat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 8,056 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: International Comfort Cuisine Sourced and Prepared By Chef Roland who has 40years Culinary Experience.Chef Roland's Concept is to Control The Transition from Ingredients to the Finished Dish By: Sourcing Only the Best Products Available.All Raw Meat is In House Ground or Cut. Blends His Own Concoctions of Sauces, Salt, Seasonings. Hand Cut Chips and Mashed Potatoes are prepared fresh Daily.Please Take a Look at Our Specials that are Always Imaginative with locally and Imported Quality Ingredients.We are Open Monday to Saturday from 12 Noon to 9.30pm Last order 9pm.Please Note We Are Closed Sunday.You Can Find a More Accurate Map in the Photo Album Here.
Nipomo, California
“Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Thank you Roalnd!
Our last meal in Thailand was brilliant, delicate and delicious.
Nothing fancy, just a good ol' burger joint. That is until your food arrives. Everything is done was grace, care and love. You can taste all of that in every bite. Look for the Aussie flag outside.
See you next time,
M+M

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“The best burgers in South-East Asia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

First and foremost, an apology to Chef Roland for the delay in getting this review on TripAdvisor.

The first time I arrived just at 21:00 because I was tried to locate the place with the given GPS coordinates which are always took me to the nearby Soi Cowboy where when I was asking for the Chef Bar the pertty ladies around were always just wanted to invite me into their bars saying "Same-same" so I had a few beers before I finally get there. :)

When I was telling Roland that I was tried to find his place for more than an hour without success he was let me in for a quick meal. Because they were just closing and all the buns sold out already I had the beef pie. It was very tasty but because I am a big burger fan I got back two days later to try his famous wagyu burger and that was something to die for! I realized immediately how could this small place be in the TOP5 restaurants from thousands in this huge city.

Now let me try to explain how can you find Chef Bar from the BTS Asok station:
First of all, if you don't know Bangkok, Sukumvit 21 is the main road between the Terminal 21 mall and the other big building with the huge Citibank sign on.

If you walking on this road for about 5 minutes than you will see the small Soi 2 and than you should turn right. Chef Bar is about 50m on the right side in front of a big Argentinian steak house.

Roland, I look forward to visiting again sometime in the future!

Best Regards,
Ben

• Visited January 2014
London
“Very Good pies and burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Been here a few times now. Small place on the x road between soi 21 & 23. Had a burger there yesterday with a new type of bun was excellent. Can't remember the name of the bun it is a French recipe I think light and tastey. Burger was thick and juciy very nice.
Service is friendly from the owner who is always happy to talk about his food and how he makes every thing fresh from scratch. Definatley worth another visit.

• Visited February 2014
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Great Food in a Great City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent 2 days in Bangkok during a 2 week trip to Thailand. Chef bar was 15mins from our hotel and having read the reviews we knew we had to try it.
Our food was excellent. We opted for the wagyu steak and burger, they were cooked perfectly and came with homemade chips. The chocolate and banana desert was great as well. Even the beer was spot on, it was ice cold and Beer Lao was the nicest I had during my stay in Thailand.....I couldn't get it anywhere else afterwards!
The whole experience was great, small intimate restaurant, fresh ingredients being cooked in front of you, nice staff.
Food was one of the reasons for us choosing Thailand and throughout our trip we tried a lot of street food/local restaurants, but we keep telling people about Chef Bar!
N.B. We visited the city during the current political situation and experienced no issues what so ever. Use the map on the images to find this place!

Telford, United Kingdom
“fancy restaurant, no, great food, absolutley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

i saw the reviews and thought i must try it, i could not find it and the taxi driver took me too the Argentinian Steakhouse, which was nice and i enjoyed it. but i had to find Chef Bar..... it is on the main 21/2 and when you look on the net you will see a better map. you may even walk past it as it is small, i mean really small. Chef Roland is a genius, he has the smallest kitchen you have seen and works miraculous culinary delights. i had the Wagyu steak, cooked perfectly, the hand cut chips covered in the most gorgeous seasoning, marinated cherry tomatoes and a creamy mushroom sauce. even better was talking to chef Roland, he has passion for food, cooked all over the world and now doing it for himself, the night of my visit he had his supplier and butcher having dinner, also great guys. from supplier to plate, what a delight.
yes i know that i appear to be going on about this but if you are in Bangkok and do not visit then you will miss out on a foodie treat.
make sure you get there before 9pm, and no reservations so you might have to wait, but worth the wait.
such a shame he does not do deliveries to the UK????
i said terrible for a business meal as you may not be able to hav more thatn 2 people if he was busy, maybe he might cater for a business party, hey ask?
oh and he also makes his own pies...that will be have to be enjoyed on my next trip and the steak again......maybe even the burgers....oh i will just move in!!

• Visited February 2014