“Really great day tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 144 Tours & Activities in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Mango Tours is dedicated to providing personalised, enjoyable and fascinating tour experiences. Our multi-lingual guides are all fully accredited, experienced and service minded.Our tours have been crafted to ensure the most interesting level of exposure to each cultural site. Whatever your interests Big Mango has a tour for you.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Really great day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've visited Bangkok for the first time last month. We have seen the highlights Grand Palace with the Emerald Buddha, Wat Pho and we did a longtail boat river cruise. We've had a great day with our family and we would like to thank our guide. She was really good and enthusiastic!
Big Mango Tours thank you for the good service and the tour. Hope we will see you next year!

Visited June 2013

“Yin and Yang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I live in BKK (Bangkok) but every now and then I get family and friends coming over to visit. When they do I like to try things that I wouldn't normally do such as a tour here and there.

This time my brother and his wife visited me in BKK and we wanted to do something none of us had done before. We’ve done the bike tours, cookery classes etc. After a quick Google we found Big Mango tours and the Rocket Boat River Safari tour. An intriguing name.

Now I’ve seen the fast boats blitzing past me while I've been on the tourist boat on the Chao Phraya and always fancied a go on one; I mean if you've ever seen ‘The Man With The Golden Gun’ the 007 film that was filmed in Thailand, who wouldn't want to travel like Bond, so we booked the tour.

One thing it says on the website is a hotel pick up, but what if you’re not at a hotel? We contacted Mango tours and they made arrangements to pick us up at my condo in Sathorn which was pretty cool. This took the stress out of travelling to a meeting point. Ann (our guide) and Somchai (our driver) arrived on time in a mini van and the tour began.

We drove to the Chao Phraya and were put on a (relaxing, slow) boat to go to Nonthaburi (North up the river). When we got off we visited a market and went on a tour of the canals on a long tail boat. By the time we had lunch I was clamouring for some rocket boat action.

After lunch I got my wish and we hit the rocket boats. It was well worth the wait, we were taken around the canals at high speed but I never once felt in danger. This seemed to last only 5 minutes but it was far longer than that. Time just flew by. It was so much fun. Looking back I should have took my iPod so I could've listened to the Bond theme when I was on the boat :)

It was the end of the tour after that but we were never rushed to get back home and were taken with Anne and Somchai back to the apartment.

To sum up; Yin in the morning as it was relaxed and very enjoyable but Yang in the afternoon as it was frenetic and exhilarating on the rocket boats. What can I say, I’m a Yang man.

Visited March 2013
DH
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Last christmas me and my boyfriend did the Mahachai Tour. The tour starts just outside Bangkok, and it is amazing to see how the train passes the train market! All the narrow and crowded streets, friendly people and great food. Big Mango Tours really tributed to our great day! Thank you!

Visited December 2012
“Floating Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This week I did the ‘’Floating Market by boat’’ tour. I’ve visited the Damnuern Saduak floating market in Ratchaburi. It is another side of Thailand! Thai people selling food, fruit, flowers and a lot of souvenirs. Our guide was great. Big Mango team, thank you for this great experience!

Visited April 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“One word: Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was my 5th trip to Bangkok but because of our excellent guide, I learnt so many new places. For any one who is planning to go to Thailnd, I will advise these tours. My parents went also to Bangkok and had the same experience. Great!!

Visited January 2013