“Loud and hot” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 608 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Brooklyn, New York
“Loud and hot”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was looking for a place for the night before my flight and NapPark (where I stayed the week before) was full, so I wandered into Green House and booked a single room with fan.

The room was small and hot (the fan did very little). There was only one bathroom on the floor and it was tiny and disgusting. Pretty unusable. No tp or soap. I tried to use the bathroom downstairs but it was full from people at the bar.

The worst part of this place, though, was the noise from downstairs (or maybe another night club or bar nearby). The loud music persisted until 3am, when I got up early to leave for my flight because I would rather be in a cab on my way to the airport than in that room. When I checked out, it took the woman at the desk almost 15 mins to find my passport, which I was afraid they had lost (they kept it as a security deposit for the room key).

Worst place I stayed during my month in S.E. Asia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Duisburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2x2 nights and were very satisfied.
There are probably cheaper places to stay, but very clean and quiet rooms make up for the extra Baht. The only negative point was that there is only one power plug in a room for 3 people.
The restaurant downstairs is recommendable, not cheap but also not expensive. Try the Schnitzel Sandwich! They also organize all sorts of transport to destinations all over Thailand.
The location on Rambuttri is nice because it is mor equiet than Khao San, but you cant get to the middle of the party in no time.
Busses to practically all parts of the city are available within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and wasn't impressed at all. The room was basic but it is a hostel so that was expected. Upon arrival the lady at reception was Very unfriendly and quite rude. The rooms had no wifi, so you were forced to sit in the restaurant or cafe downstairs as there is no common area.I would hardly say the cafes has any connection and the workers would ask u to order and look at you rudely if you were just there to use the Internet. Those dining in the restaurant t funnily enough has access to free wifi! Great if u Only need a bed but don't expect any hospitality or atmosphere except for noise outside.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed 1 night here before moving to the beaches of south Thailand. My friend had lived here 2 months while traveling in Asia 5 years ago and gave us this tip -and i can see why. The rooms itself were really simple and nothing special. Actually you could get better quality with same money BUT the atmosphere here was really nice, friendly, relaxed. I loved the bar/cafe downstairs and came here for drinks even on our way back even though then we stayed in other place close by. Green House is close to Khaosan Road but still not too noisy by night. I warmly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Green House Hostel? Share your experiences!