“A casual little cafe with outdoor seating/good food & coffee” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breizh Crepes

Breizh Crepes
459/59 Suanplu Soi 8 | Sathorn Tai Rd., Tungmahamek, Sathorn,, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
02 679 33 93
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 11 Waffles & Crepes in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, Creperie
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“A casual little cafe with outdoor seating/good food & coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

We visited Breizh Crepes a few times - twice for brunch and once for dinner when we tried their savory crepes. We did prefer their sweet crepes - the crepes with pineapple & salted caramel sauce + almonds was our favourite. The service was generally very good although once the place appeared open but unattended for about half an hour - quite strange. We walked up and down the street waiting for someone to appear behind the counter and we were almost about to give up & go elsewhere, when a young woman finally appeared! The coffee is good, the food very nice and the outdoor setting is very pleasant. The evening was similarly pleasant but a limited menu so we only went there for dinner once over our 2 weeks in BKK. We stayed at a hotel nearby - a very pleasant area with interesting street food stalls etc. nearby as well.

• Visited January 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Breizh C, Owner at Breizh Crepes, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review of Breizh Crepes.
Sorry about the attendance problem you did encounter. Our team is once again complete and this should not happen anymore.
Glad you enjoyed our crepes, service and setting. For your dinner, I would like to recommend you to try our cold cut and cheese platters with a glass of wine, as well as our croques (French style hot sandwiches)
We wish to see you again soon at Breizh Crepes.

“Crepes and cider !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Very pleasant place, nice area and warm welcoming, a perfect spot in bangkok to have nice french crepes and a glass of apple cider.
Pricing is really fair.

• Visited January 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Breizh C, Owner at Breizh Crepes, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Dear Paul,
Many thanks for your review.
Great to know you especially appreciate our French crepes and cider. We have actually extended our French apple cider range to both dry and sweet options. As a result, even people who normally cannot drink any alcoholic beverages are now able to enjoy sweet apple cider as it only contains 2.5% alcohol.
Wish to see you again at Breizh Crepes very soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Pretty Darn Good, and Pretty Darn Quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

The only reason I give Breizh Crepes 4 stars and not 5 is because it is just slightly out of the way from the main road, being essentially part of the Villa Maria apartment complex, and serving that apartment building as well as the upscale Mingle apartments. I have to say, though, that since it is down soi 8 and around the corner that it is nice and quiet and intimate.

As for the food itself, the only word to describe the crepes are delightful. The sweet crepes are light yet firm, airy yet substantial and the choices of toppings are both traditional and playful. Truly a treat, as crepes are meant to be. The savory crepes are fit for any meal - and this is a review coming from a big-eating American. Made from buckwheat flour and filled with breakfast or lunch fare makes these crepes what I am guessing is the french equivalent of a hero sandwich, but with much more delicate flavors. I'm a personal fan of the egg and ham, which I order with extra bacon, much to my girlfriend's chagrin. But, hey, you only live once and crepes are a treat, especially the way Breizh Crepes makes them.

• Visited February 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Breizh C, Owner at Breizh Crepes, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Dear Elias,
Thank you for your very positive review of Breizh Crepes.
You actually spotted one of the reasons our guests enjoy spending some time at Breizh Crepes terrace: our restaurant location, just 80 meters away from the main Suanplu soi, which offers quiet and greenery surroundings.
Glad to know you really appreciate our crepes and wish to see you again and again at Breizh Crepes for more.
Eric
“Not good coffee and very pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2015

I had a coffee there once, well I tried. The lady working there could not make a coffee, so she had to call the owner. It took him a while to come around. He made me a coffee, that was very small, didn't taste good and was also very expensive, 90 bath.

Breizh C, Owner at Breizh Crepes, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Dear Jeropa67,

Thank you for taking the time to review Breizh Crepes based on your so-called coffee experience.

However, I'm not so sure how to respond as it seems misleading:

- my staff never ever called me for the purpose to come over make a coffee
- in case I'm not at my restaurant yet, there is no way I can come over within less than 1 hour as I don't live near by
- all my staffs know how to make a coffee
- espresso (as it was "very small", I believe it was an espresso) is charged 59 baht, nor 90 baht

On top of it, I would like to mention we use Cafe Richard (6 different blends for our customers choice) which is one of the best French coffee brands and for which we never had any complains so far.

Rather than thinking this comment is really misleading, I better understand you had a coffee in the shop next door and wrote your review under the wrong restaurant name through Tripadvisor.

I hope you will have the time to come by Breizh Crepes (again?) to taste our coffees and crepes.

Best regards,

Geneva, Switzerland
“Love crepes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 via mobile

If you love crepes this place is for you, loads of different types to choose from. Quick and wonderful service. The Nutella crepe was to die for, good prices. Went 4 times in 1 week. Could do with a crepe now..

Visited December 2014
Breizh C, Owner at Breizh Crepes, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Hello dear guest,
Thank you so much for your nice words.
It's great to know you are addicted to our crepes and enjoy the service we provide.
We just wish to see you again and again at Breizh Crepes for more Nutella crepes :-)